2023 Official Visit Weekend: January 13-15

Advertisement
I have not addressed you nor interacted with you in this conversation until you told me to STFU. I can have an opinion that is different from yours. In this case I am not thrilled by this addition. Seems like a Daryl Porter Jr, Caleb Johnson , Frank Ladson type portal addition that really didn't do much for us. I rather us use our limited portal numbers on guys that can legit be difference makers and help TVD sort of like what Rambo did.

Rambo fit that mold until he didn’t. You can predict the future? This kid has skill. He just needs to put it together. Bryant seems like the more skilled Player but we have 6 guys like him and one guy like Alford on our team. And it isn’t an either or. We could take both.

I was surprised by Colbie Young I was like who tf is this during the season. He looked different than any wr we had had some explosiveness to his game.

I just think all our jaws dropped because he was able to catch a football floating through the air that was in his general vicinity. It was like Bigfoot. None of us had ever seen that before. Dude could have had two heads, we wouldn't even have noticed because he was actually catching the footballs thrown to him. **** was weird.

Advertisement
DE and DT imo is the bigger need, rarely do you see production from those positions from freshman, at least DB's its easier to come in as a freshman and produce. DE and DT are also more scarce in the portal. Still a lot of serviceable CB left.
The question becomes are we bringing in Moultrie's and Porter's or are we getting Jackson's and Mesidor's.

I have not addressed you nor interacted with you in this conversation until you told me to STFU. I can have an opinion that is different from yours. In this case I am not thrilled by this addition. Seems like a Daryl Porter Jr, Caleb Johnson , Frank Ladson type portal addition that really didn't do much for us. I rather us use our limited portal numbers on guys that can legit be difference makers and help TVD sort of like what Rambo did.
I agree only thing i would say is by this weekend when this guy visits you should know who you have a chance with by the portal deadline which is the 18th. Numbers shouldn't be an issue if a Wr on the team still can't get it done suggest that they should move on after the spring and bring in more. This guy has to be atleast better then Redding which will raise the floor of the wr room.

I think it's fair to say the jury still out.

#1s don't grow on trees. But this kid gave us every indication he can be at least a #2 moving forward. Possible all ACC 2nd team type floor
I can get down with this

Also totally agree the idea that we can get a #1 in the portal is a tough task. The Addison situation last year was a bit unique to me

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unless we're firing Gattis and hiring a legit OC, pretty obvious no WR1 NFL bound guy is coming to us. So might as well take 2-3 WR's like this with talent and hope 1 becomes next Rambo/C Young.

6'5 and and can extend the field deep? F it, i'm in

When we are 0 for our last billion on WR targets, we need to acknowledge where we stand and what we can get.

If he’s not some 1st team All-ACC guy, he at the very least raises the floor of the WR room and pushes the others.

Getting Alford allowed us to be a bit pickier on the next guy and straight up just end the drought.

Rambo fit that mold until he didn’t. You can predict the future? This kid has skill. He just needs to put it together. Bryant seems like the more skilled Player but we have 6 guys like him and one guy like Alford on our team. And it isn’t an either or. We could take both.
I can't predict the future and I am not denying his skill or upside. I am just wary on gambling on an unknown when we have seen a slew of productive WRs entering the portal. If he comes here I hope he balls out and puts it all together.

Advertisement
When we are 0 for our last billion on WR targets, we need to acknowledge where we stand and what we can get.

If he’s not some 1st team All-ACC guy, he at the very least raises the floor of the WR room and pushes the others.

Getting Alford allowed us to be a bit pickier on the next guy and straight up just end the drought.
Of course this is also a tactical error on Mario's part. Had Gattis been gone sooner I am confident we would have at least one stud WR committee by now.

prefer Bryant JR. We have been selective in not taking JAGs so far in the portal, I dont know if this guy will push anyone in that room. Bryant Jr is WR 1 the noment he steps on campus
He’s not a jag. Is he the best wr available in the portal? No but he’s far from a jag and has proven he’s good at the p5 level playing for a terrible team

Advertisement
Back