2023 Official Visit Weekend: January 13-15

Advertisement
exactly my point. Why take a depth piece when you can wait till sprinf after you have a new OC in place and land a high caliber kid?
Why not take a depth piece and a starter? We need more then 1 wr I would hope we get atleast 2 based off how we looked last year.

exactly my point. Why take a depth piece when you can wait till sprinf after you have a new OC in place and land a high caliber kid?
Or you take this kid and you can still take a more established one in the Spring if they are available. We need more than 1 guy and he at the very least adds a deep threat we did not seem to have this year. Worst case he is added depth if you recruit over him.

Just need to be patient and see how it plays out. Not sure he's a No. 1 either, but the best size-speed combination we have right now.

As bad as the offense was, hate to imagine what it would have looked like had he not come out of nowhere. So, he's a refreshing bit of hope.
I agree. I’m patient, and optimistic to be honest

If nothing else, as much as we know we need an upgrade in the WR room I know Mario feels even stronger about it. We went after a lot of big guys in the transfer market last year and whiffed too

There’s still the spring portal which will give us more chances and hopefully by then we have this offense direction more sorted out

Advertisement
No reason can't do both.
yeah what I meant is a depth piece wont really move the needle.
We need at minumum 1 of those "needle movers". If we go aland land A Bryant Jr or someone of that caliber they might not be all world but they are talented needle movers that come in and change our offense. With the limited portal spots we have is this a good allocation of portal resources?

And if we were to take Alford as a depth piece, then I think we should take 3 WRs in the portal. WR and DT I think are our biggest holes that need immediate help as of now.

If Alford is a starter here in 2023, that unfortunately is a problem. And if he is not a starter, a scholly should not be wasted on him as he has mutiple years left.

Nothing wrong with taking him and adding some depth if he is a 1 year rental, but that's not the case with him.

Advertisement
I’m not gonna use this as a chance to hate on Colbie but he didn’t do anything our last few games once people took notice of him

I think there’s a lot wrong with him being our #1

And to clarify I like the kid a lot, just don’t see #1 receiver in him at this point (realizing offensive issues of course)

I think it's fair to say the jury still out.

#1s don't grow on trees. But this kid gave us every indication he can be at least a #2 moving forward. Possible all ACC 2nd team type floor

Odell is 5'11 and so is Jarvis Landry. Also Antonio brown 5'10, Desean Jackson, Waddle.. We can go on and on lol

I did the math and looked at the top 20 receiving leaders at WR position. Average height/weight is 6-0.5, 202.

Advertisement
Not knowing dyck and pretending like you do isn‘t a valid question. Watch your tone.
I have not addressed you nor interacted with you in this conversation until you told me to STFU. I can have an opinion that is different from yours. In this case I am not thrilled by this addition. Seems like a Daryl Porter Jr, Caleb Johnson , Frank Ladson type portal addition that really didn't do much for us. I rather us use our limited portal numbers on guys that can legit be difference makers and help TVD sort of like what Rambo did.

WR1 doesn't have to be 6'5 it's an added advantage. Being reliable to continously win a rep when team needs it is what makes you a #1.

Agree. TBH, I think it's more impactful in college as there is a greater disparity of talent between top tier guys and lesser tier guys than in the pros. Your 6-5 kid in college who is a great athlete can be a bigger advantage over lesser comp in college. JMO.

Braxton Berrios for example was clearly our #1 Wr one year.

Yes, he was our #1, but he's not a WR1. We have a lot of guys on our roster than certainly can be our #1 but none of them is a WR1 type. I'd even say that I am not sure we have a WR2.

Advertisement
Just For Laughs Reaction GIF

I see u been quick on ur feet @Dwinstitles . U know I’m somewhere lurking. U gotta hit the pause button kuz I be on errthang BIG PAUSE
I know u still here I see you

Hopefully this isn't the only visit this weekend. It's the last weekend before the portal shuts down till spring, right?

Advertisement
Back