Soccer Official soccer/futbol thread (Europe/USA).

Advertisement
On the flip side, what a player Yamal is.
They need to stop hyping him though. Kid is 16. One bad injury in his growing stage and the kid is toast.

Fully expected Hernandez to put him on a leash and belt him, but France refused to make a challenge all game.

They need to stop hyping him though. Kid is 16. One bad injury in his growing stage and the kid is toast.

Fully expected Hernandez to put him on a leash and belt him, but France refused to make a challenge all game.
Agreed... or too many miles on the legs too early. I have not followed La Liga much, so have no idea how much, if at all, Barca is running him ragged.

Tomorrow I fully expect Southgate to take the handbrake off and England commit to a defensive high press and quick forward passing when in possession. In reality a slow death march 1-1 or possibly 2-2 AET England lose on pens 3-2.
They looked good until their legs got tired but came out with the win. Finally didn’t have everything bottled up in the middle.

Advertisement
They looked good until their legs got tired but came out with the win. Finally didn’t have everything bottled up in the middle.
Played well. I think we.match up well with Spain, pretty much set up to be a counter attacking team it suits Southgate style. Need to recover and maybe be willing to sub Harry Kane at the half. I like Watkins he has pace and is a good finisher.
I would like to see Gordon, Watkins and Cole for the last half hour. All of them are more direct and slightly selfish. Sometimes Saka and Foden look for an extra pass like they are still playing for their club teams.

Played well. I think we.match up well with Spain, pretty much set up to be a counter attacking team it suits Southgate style. Need to recover and maybe be willing to sub Harry Kane at the half. I like Watkins he has pace and is a good finisher.
I would like to see Gordon, Watkins and Cole for the last half hour. All of them are more direct and slightly selfish. Sometimes Saka and Foden look for an extra pass like they are still playing for their club teams.
Foden looked more decisive in the first half today. It should be a good final.

Advertisement
Spain and Germany were the two best teams this tournament. I can’t believe how England has backed their way into a final but here they are with a chance to win.

As a Germany fan, can we get Bain in the house and make the stadium sink?

But since Harry Kane from my beloved Bayern has another chance, I’d rather he gets it despite having Jude Bellingham as a teammate and the worst most obnoxious fans in the world, England fans. But I love Harry.

I don’t want to see that ******* Cucarella bull**** of a player touching any trophy. **** Spain, Barcelona & Real Madrid!

Advertisement
So who do we (realistically) want?
I want Klopp. He was reportedly ****ed that Germany passed on him. That might be enough to get him to sign up. But, do not give me a play from the back guy. We simply do not have the skill to play Spain's game. Klopp's attack fist system would fit better. But, if we can't get him, please do not give me Steve C. I could live with his primary assistant David Wagner and hope we get the good version and not the "try something totally different" version. A dark horse would be Thomas Tuchel. But, if I were king, Klopp would get money and huge bonuses for advancing.........................

I want Klopp. He was reportedly ****ed that Germany passed on him. That might be enough to get him to sign up. But, do not give me a play from the back guy. We simply do not have the skill to play Spain's game. Klopp's attack fist system would fit better. But, if we can't get him, please do not give me Steve C. I could live with his primary assistant David Wagner and hope we get the good version and not the "try something totally different" version. A dark horse would be Thomas Tuchel. But, if I were king, Klopp would get money and huge bonuses for advancing.........................
I, too, want Klopp. But I do not know whether that is possible. Maybe that is his recharge after the last decade or so. Going MLS again, and a former national player again, would be something. I think they need a splash after this failure and leading to WC26.

Advertisement
Tuchel. Please god no.

Klopp said no.

Advertisement
Back