Soccer Official soccer/futbol thread (Europe/USA).

Arm in a natural position, under the rules it's not a penalty. And wouldn't have counted anyway had a player 2 yards offsides. English refs are **** though.
1. Wrong, not natural position, even moving towards the ball to block. You can't spread your arm away from the body and then claim "natural position", the amount of times this was called is absurd. 2. Player wasn't offsides, there was no check for offsides and later research showed there was no offsides.

If everyone in the world says it's a penalty except for a small group of people who twist and turn "rules" however they may please, the small group at some point may just realize how **** they are.

The Denmark one was a penalty and this was 10x more a penalty.

Advertisement
1. Wrong, not natural position, even moving towards the ball to block. You can't spread your arm away from the body and then claim "natural position", the amount of times this was called is absurd. 2. Player wasn't offsides, there was no check for offsides and later research showed there was no offsides.

If everyone in the world says it's a penalty except for a small group of people who twist and turn "rules" however they may please, the small group at some point may just realize how **** they are.

The Denmark one was a penalty and this was 10x more a penalty.
They gave the refs new guidelines before the tournament .Arm down in a natural position no penalty. Also this guy is offsides he shifts to avoid where he thinks the shot is going so definitely interfering with play.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-09-12-01-47-39_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-09-12-01-47-39_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.webp
    19 KB · Views: 0
They gave the refs new guidelines before the tournament .Arm down in a natural position no penalty. Also this guy is offsides he shifts to avoid where he thinks the shot is going so definitely interfering with play.
And the refs don't call according to them. Arm is not down a natural position, arm is extended away from the body.

Wirtz is also not rules as offside if GK has free path to the vision of the ball (he has). As stated, any form of offside would've resulted in freekick Spain, not throw-in Germany.

Don't discuss this with me, you're fighting a dead fight with no arguments. I've played a little too much a little too high.

And the refs don't call according to them. Arm is not down a natural position, arm is extended away from the body.

Wirtz is also not rules as offside if GK has free path to the vision of the ball (he has). As stated, any form of offside would've resulted in freekick Spain, not throw-in Germany.

Don't discuss this with me, you're fighting a dead fight with no arguments. I've played a little too much a little too high.
Refs being consistent is the problem but this was called how UEFA intended. The Spanish player was mowing his arm towards his body, if he had moved it the opposite way there might have been a case for a penalty.
If the shot continues without hitting the Spanish player Wirtz would have been ruled offsides he was interfering with play, not the sight of the keeper.

Refs being consistent is the problem but this was called how UEFA intended. The Spanish player was mowing his arm towards his body, if he had moved it the opposite way there might have been a case for a penalty.
This is wrong. The UEFA wanted to stop close arm calls. Cucurellas arm was far extended, creating a barrier, not point down and being in line with the body. The fact that you said "might have a case if he moves it the other way" tells me your blindly copying some opinion from an american sports website without actively knowing the handball rule nor understand the guideline for a handball.

If the shot continues without hitting the Spanish player Wirtz would have been ruled offsides he was interfering with play, not the sight of the keeper
This is also wrong. A player moving away from a shot or a pass is not actively interfering with the play. If the goalkeepers sight is blocked or the player actively prevents the goalkeeper from saving the ball by physically being in his way, it's offside. Neither happened.

Now, stop bother responding and please learn the rules. It's idiotic trying to correct someone that doesn't understand it. And I'll mute you if you don't.

Advertisement
This is wrong. The UEFA wanted to stop close arm calls. Cucurellas arm was far extended, creating a barrier, not point down and being in line with the body. The fact that you said "might have a case if he moves it the other way" tells me your blindly copying some opinion from an american sports website without actively knowing the handball rule nor understand the guideline for a handball.

This is also wrong. A player moving away from a shot or a pass is not actively interfering with the play. If the goalkeepers sight is blocked or the player actively prevents the goalkeeper from saving the ball by physically being in his way, it's offside. Neither happened.

Now, stop bother responding and please learn the rules. It's idiotic trying to correct someone that doesn't understand it. And I'll mute you if you don't.
He was moving towards the center of the goal . He flinched thinking the shot was going to hit him. HE FLINCHED! If the ball goes behind his back then the goalie can't see the flight of the ball as his SIGHT would be blocked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-09-15-33-30-80_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-09-15-33-30-80_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.webp
    33 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Pretty sure that poster is from Liverpool or thereabouts (Everton fan).

He was moving towards the center of the goal . He flinched thinking the shot was going to hit him. HE FLINCHED! Thinking the ball would hit him that is interfering with play. You really should learn the rules.
This is complete bull****. Self-exposure in one paragraph. Best part, you're showing a SIDEWAYS VIEW, NOT EVEN ONE FROM BEHIND OR IN FRONT.

Kick a ball, son. For once. And **** off.

Last edited:
Advertisement
See the picture. I was kicking a ball before you were a twinkle in yer dads eye. Yeah it was a **** call but technically correct.
Sideways view. ******* moron.

You kicked a ball? Lmao. Kicked yourself in the balls, at most. Useless ****.

Advertisement
Spain to win it all? Don't like the Netherlands because of Koeman and VVD and watching Ingerland makes me miss an Everton relegation battle.
Yep. Koeman is a **** for multiple reasons. But Spain is superior to everyone except for... nah.

France really needs to fire Deschamps. Dude is Southgate 2.0 if not for that one title they won.

Advertisement
Link some please. How are you feeling about tomorrow?
Tomorrow I fully expect Southgate to take the handbrake off and England commit to a defensive high press and quick forward passing when in possession. In reality a slow death march 1-1 or possibly 2-2 AET England lose on pens 3-2.

Advertisement
Back