Soccer Official soccer/futbol thread (Europe/USA).

Kane, Bellingham, and Foden would up in each other’s space way too often with no width on the left. Ben White would have also helped immensely with that back three. I can’t believe one of those three headers didn’t go in.

Does Southgate stay and if not, who gets the keys?
I think Southgate has been there long enough and should be gone. I know he took them to two finals but making it to the finals was a total fluke.

Advertisement
**** i thought he was faking it
1721068159538.webp

Kane, Bellingham, and Foden would up in each other’s space way too often with no width on the left. Ben White would have also helped immensely with that back three. I can’t believe one of those three headers didn’t go in.

Does Southgate stay and if not, who gets the keys?
White would have helped but he won't play until Southgate leaves.
Kane must have been injured he was terrible all tournament. He should retire from international football
I think the FA wants Southgate to stay. He would be a fool to leave as this is the best job he will ever have, none of the bigger clubs would have him.
If he goes I like the way Eddie Howe has Newcastle playing. As far as picking a team that's a nightmare.Palmer has to be a starter now but who gets dropped? I really like the way Gordon plays.
So....
Gordon. Watkins. Palmer
Rice. Bellingham Manoo
Shaw Branthwaite Stones White
Pickford.
But who in their right mind doesn't have Foden or Saka starting.

Kane must have been injured he was terrible all tournament. He should retire from international football
I think the FA wants Southgate to stay. He would be a fool to leave as this is the best job he will ever have, none of the bigger clubs would have him.
If he goes I like the way Eddie Howe has Newcastle playing. As far as picking a team that's a nightmare.Palmer has to be a starter now but who gets dropped? I really like the way Gordon plays.
So....
Gordon. Watkins. Palmer
Rice. Bellingham Manoo
Pickford.
Have to start Saka. He's arguably the best RW in the world. Put Palmer on the left, Watkins middle, Saka right maybe.

Advertisement
Have to start Saka. He's arguably the best RW in the world. Put Palmer on the left, Watkins middle, Saka right maybe.
Saka ******* disappeared yesterday. Worst player on the pitch next to Kane, who is not a match for their "system".

Saka ******* disappeared yesterday. Worst player on the pitch next to Kane, who is not a match for their "system".
And yet, still had the hockey assist for the goal. I don't disagree, but their whole system was a disaster. No width in attack, no one running to the box (impossible when Kane is at midfield), little off ball movement.

And yet, still had the hockey assist for the goal. I don't disagree, but their whole system was a disaster. No width in attack, no one running to the box (impossible when Kane is at midfield), little off ball movement.
I can't take wingers seriously who don't attack either baseline or commit hard towards the middle.

Saka didn't do either. Cucurella is a ****e aggressive defender and Saka refused to attempt a dribbling.

I can't take wingers seriously who don't attack either baseline or commit hard towards the middle.

Saka didn't do either. Cucurella is a ****e aggressive defender and Saka refused to attempt a dribbling.
And this was exactly part of the problem. What made him so dangerous at ****nal this year was that attack to the baseline and cutback pass into the box for someone making a run. Then if the defender over-committed to the baseline, it left the defender vulnerable to him cutting in on the left foot for a shot. England hardly attempted this strategy, and if Saka did, Kane was hanging out at the midfield circle instead of making that run.

Having said that, Sunday was not his best game.

Advertisement
So....
Gordon. Watkins. Palmer
Rice. Bellingham Manoo
Pickford.
Kane was playing with an injured back since last month with Bayern. He missed 2 games and came off early in the deciding game vs Real Madrid.

He definitely wasn’t 💯. Backs injuries are tough. I’d say he was probably playing at 75-80% at best.

Palmer didn’t set foot on field until what, game 3. Bellingham sucked except for a wonderful bicycle kick that saved England from going out.

Advertisement
Kane was playing with an injured back since last month with Bayern. He missed 2 games and came off early in the deciding game vs Real Madrid.

He definitely wasn’t 💯. Backs injuries are tough. I’d say he was probably playing at 75-80% at best.

Palmer didn’t set foot on field until what, game 3. Bellingham sucked except for a wonderful bicycle kick that saved England from going out.
I'm not even sure Harry was at 50% it was hard to watch. Palmer got and assist and a goal with extremely limited minutes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back