Notice of Allegations *update*

View as article
We could have been at 70 scholarships last year, and it wouldn't factor into our future scholarship reductions.

Not true...

Miami has been working closely with the NCAA. The NCAA was told about the self imposed roster reduction and they will count it towards the final punishment. Golden is gonna Golden...

You speak with tremendous authority on the scholarship reduction aspect. Do you know with certainty that what you are saying is a fact because, admittedly, I'm not 100% certain on what I said? My comment was based on my own reading of the situation.

No, I'm not 100% certain. But if my man Golden says he's already been self imposing scholarship reduction then I choose to believe he's self imposed scholarship reduction and the NCAA has given the green light. I know Miami has been screwed by the NCAA in the past. I also know that the NCAA president came out and stated that Donna Shalala handled this investigation superbly and gave her glowing remarks. I also know that a conman who robbed millionaires out of a billion dollars and who is a heavyweight champion liar and thief conjured up complete BS to get the program in this mess. I also know that 12 players who were still on the team were investigated and only 9 were found to have received benefits to the tune of a measly $3500 and not a single one of them were kicked out of school completely. We're not talking about cars being bought and duffle bags stuffed with $250k here. We're talking about steak dinners, jerseys, and drinks on south beach. We're talking about typical recruiting type of ****. When all said and done I think Miami gets time served. Giving up 3 post season games, having a black cloud over the program for 2 years while the NCAA ran this witch hunt, and self imposing 5 scholarships a year for 2 years is enough for typical booster recruiting type of ****. I mean people aren't really going to tell us recruits aren't taken to steak dinners and given jerseys on these trips are they? The NCAA doesn't have ****. That's why they tried extorting information from former players because they know they don't have **** and Miami has self imposed tougher sanctions than they can even justify giving them with what little dirt they have.

I could be wrong but this is what I have gathered from this circus...

Advertisement
Is it possible that the NCAA purposely took so long so the fervor of the original article could die down? Now that the sensationalism has worn off they can proceed to give us a slap on the wrist based on findings and not on conjecture.

Very tiny chance they don't allege a LOIC.

If the glove don't fit you must acquit...

If the glove.webp

Very tiny chance they don't allege a LOIC.

Gotta disagree. I think it's the other way around....unless they have something concrete, which I just don't get the sense they do. This has to be FTM.

Either way...let's both hope you're wrong.

Advertisement
We are preparing our roster for reductions but nothing we have down will count. We will get credit for skipping the bowls but that is it.

Very interesting thought, although I don't think that is the case. I don't think these days that the NCAA is for or against us more than any other school. They are just a complete cluster**** of bureaucracy that takes forever to do anything.

Is it possible that the NCAA purposely took so long so the fervor of the original article could die down? Now that the sensationalism has worn off they can proceed to give us a slap on the wrist based on findings and not on conjecture.

Mizzou coach Frank Haith says glad to hear NCAA investigation at Miami apparently near end, says has not heard from NCAA
1:21pm - 14 Jan 13

**** Haith anyways

Advertisement
We are preparing our roster for reductions but nothing we have down will count. We will get credit for skipping the bowls but that is it.

So Golden says it will count and you say it won't? I'll take Goldens word over yours thanks...

None of you have any clue what is going on behind closed between Miami and the NCAA.

Mizzou coach Frank Haith says glad to hear NCAA investigation at Miami apparently near end, says has not heard from NCAA
1:21pm - 14 Jan 13

**** Haith anyways

It would be funny of Shapiro made a lot of stuff up in his allegations, it's not like he has a track record of defrauding people...oh wait.

i dont know the exact technical defintion of loss of institutional control is, but when you have allegations of 100+ athletes in at least 2 sports committing violations over the course of 8+ years, then there seems to be a loss of something. let's says that 50% of the allegations are true, then there is plenty of loss IMHO. and we know that many of the allegations are true because (a) we self imposed 2 post season bans, (b) in 2011 we had 10+ players suspended, (c) we have self imposed scholarship reductions (??) and (d) we are cooperating at allegedly unprecedented levels.

i think they will come down harder than the "we skate" crowd believes. also, however, i believe there will be an emphasis on punishing the adults that fled the scene.

if we had one more bowl ban, i would not be surprised. here's hoping for the best though . . .

Advertisement
i dont know the exact technical defintion of loss of institutional control is, but when you have allegations of 100+ athletes in at least 2 sports committing violations over the course of 8+ years, then there seems to be a loss of something. let's says that 50% of the allegations are true, then there is plenty of loss IMHO. and we know that many of the allegations are true because (a) we self imposed 2 post season bans, (b) in 2011 we had 10+ players suspended, (c) we have self imposed scholarship reductions (??) and (d) we are cooperating at allegedly unprecedented levels.

i think they will come down harder than the "we skate" crowd believes. also, however, i believe there will be an emphasis on punishing the adults that fled the scene.

if we had one more bowl ban, i would not be surprised. here's hoping for the best though . . .

me neither.

LOIC = LACK of INST CONTROL

stopped reading there. dumbass trolls gonna dumbass troll

We could have been at 70 scholarships last year, and it wouldn't factor into our future scholarship reductions.

Not true...

Miami has been working closely with the NCAA. The NCAA was told about the self imposed roster reduction and they will count it towards the final punishment. Golden is gonna Golden...

You speak with tremendous authority on the scholarship reduction aspect. Do you know with certainty that what you are saying is a fact because, admittedly, I'm not 100% certain on what I said? My comment was based on my own reading of the situation.

I think you both make good points. From what I've read The Franchise makes sense because they impose not to the total 85 you can have, but to the amount you can sign each class. So if we get docked 10 per year, that doesn't bring us down to 55 total by the end of 3 years. It means we can sign only 15 per year instead of 25.

It is complicated though, so there may be something to the other side of the argument. And I'm sure Golden isn't flying completely blind.

there are limits placed on both the 85 man cap and the 25 per year USUALLY. OSU though for example did not have a limit put on the 25 man cap. they really got off easy. sign and cut

we most likely can apply one year of playing under 85 to that piece of the sanctions. i would imagine that this year's recruiting class (since it will be around 20 or less) will apply to one year of the 25 man limit as well.

in short we will already be 1 year deep into the sanctions i would bet

Not sure what math they'd apply to come to the conclusion that we took a 5 scholarship haircut this year when 20 is the max that we can squeeze into the 85 limit. We're going to have to hope some guys leave to even make that work.

Advertisement

Not true...

No, I'm not 100% certain. But if my man Golden says he's already been self imposing scholarship reduction then I choose to believe he's self imposed scholarship reduction and the NCAA has given the green light. I know Miami has been screwed by the NCAA in the past. I also know that the NCAA president came out and stated that Donna Shalala handled this investigation superbly and gave her glowing remarks. I also know that a conman who robbed millionaires out of a billion dollars and who is a heavyweight champion liar and thief conjured up complete BS to get the program in this mess. I also know that 12 players who were still on the team were investigated and only 9 were found to have received benefits to the tune of a measly $3500 and not a single one of them were kicked out of school completely. We're not talking about cars being bought and duffle bags stuffed with $250k here. We're talking about steak dinners, jerseys, and drinks on south beach. We're talking about typical recruiting type of ****. When all said and done I think Miami gets time served. Giving up 3 post season games, having a black cloud over the program for 2 years while the NCAA ran this witch hunt, and self imposing 5 scholarships a year for 2 years is enough for typical booster recruiting type of ****. I mean people aren't really going to tell us recruits aren't taken to steak dinners and given jerseys on these trips are they? The NCAA doesn't have ****. That's why they tried extorting information from former players because they know they don't have **** and Miami has self imposed tougher sanctions than they can even justify giving them with what little dirt they have.

I could be wrong but this is what I have gathered from this circus...

I agree with you on all the points you made about this being an overly sensationalized piece of **** case against us. I've made those same points a bunch of times since this thing started. I just disagree on the part about us getting credit for scholarship losses because we played a little under the 85 limit last year.

So Golden says it will count and you say it won't? I'll take Goldens word over yours thanks...

None of you have any clue what is going on behind closed between Miami and the NCAA.

Where did Al make a public comment on that topic? I'd be surprised if he did given the strict mandate from UM against public comment on the subject.

Not sure what math they'd apply to come to the conclusion that we took a 5 scholarship haircut this year when 20 is the max that we can squeeze into the 85 limit. We're going to have to hope some guys leave to even make that work.

dont think that matters. the 25 man limit is the limit. if we take less than 25, then we are under the 25 man cap.

dont think that matters. the 25 man limit is the limit. if we take less than 25, then we are under the 25 man cap.

We'll agree to disagree that the NCAA will see us jamming as many recruits as we can this year into the 85 limit as a "self-imposed penalty".

Advertisement
Back