New uniform material and more? (official)

Advertisement
I never understand the attempts to ***** around with perfection over the years. Okay, once or twice a year put on an alternate uniform to please the kiddos and fashionistas out there, but the standard, everyday uniform? Leave it alone. The Canes are a brand. Be proud of it. The other historic major brands in college football don't make massive changes to their standard unis, neither should the Canes.
I believe our alternate uniforms should be green / white combo 1-2x a year.

Advertisement
I’ll answer both u & @DTP

Yes, which is why I said Nike “designed” the jerseys, but Fanatics were the ones who used their materials to create the jersey. Which is why Nike execs went to the Fanatics plant to see what happened with the execution of the products.

Regardless, as I’ve said b4, the worst thing Nike could’ve done in which their CEO already admitted complacency w/in their design dept, including the **** poor idea of “City Connect.” I wish they would burn that concept to the ground.
Nike's had a rough year all around with sales, innovation and image....and it's shown in the financial health and stock price (-30% YTD) of the company. I'll buy it low but it's no longer bulletproof as it has been in years past.

Nike's had a rough year all around with sales, innovation and image....and it's shown in the financial health and stock price (-30% YTD) of the company. I'll buy it low but it's no longer bulletproof as it has been in years past.

Ehh…yeah, they’ve been in a slump, but their slump is equivalent to MJ shooting 6-18 from the field and scoring 30 points vs. 12-18 and scoring 45. They had to make some strategic moves which will bring them back up to par, but shoe companies like Hoka & On (as I’ve stated numerous times) have cut into their lane of comfort and performance.

Competition is always good; I think about the WWE for instance. They were coasting, putting out b.s product, & treating their wrestlers like 2nd class citizens. Then AEW comes out, & for a minute, AEW was the #1 viewed program. It forced WWE to step their game up to get back to being #1. When u have a proven product, u can get laxed if no one or something doesn’t push u. So Nike has already changed its business strategy and they’ll close out 2024 in a fury.

Ehh…yeah, they’ve been in a slump, but their slump is equivalent to MJ shooting 6-18 from the field and scoring 30 points vs. 12-18 and scoring 45. They had to make some strategic moves which will bring them back up to par, but shoe companies like Hoka & On (as I’ve stated numerous times) have cut into their lane of comfort and performance.

Competition is always good; I think about the WWE for instance. They were coasting, putting out b.s product, & treating their wrestlers like 2nd class citizens. Then AEW comes out, & for a minute, AEW was the #1 viewed program. It forced WWE to step their game up to get back to being #1. When u have a proven product, u can get laxed if no one or something doesn’t push u. So Nike has already changed its business strategy and they’ll close out 2024 in a fury.
You Nike board positions on this board is just ridiculous and at nauseous 🤮

Advertisement
You Nike board positions on this board is just ridiculous and at nauseous 🤮

Would u like me to post the reports or nah? Unlike the vast majority of this board who try to position themselves as know-it-alls when in reality they don’t know ****-at-all, my entire TRACK RECORD on this board is brought by actual facts, so do u want me to post the numbers of Nike compared to Adidas, Puma, Under Armour, etc. or nah?

Whether u understand this concept or not, I’m not an emotional poster on this board. I’m probably thee most objective poster here, & I’ve been an Easter Egg Bunny showing my connections throughout, so if I say **** I mean ****.

Would u like me to post the reports or nah? Unlike the vast majority of this board who try to position themselves as know-it-alls when in reality they don’t know ****-at-all, my entire TRACK RECORD on this board is brought by actual facts, so do u want me to post the numbers of Nike compared to Adidas, Puma, Under Armour, etc. or nah?

Whether u understand this concept or not, I’m not an emotional poster on this board. I’m probably thee most objective poster here, & I’ve been an Easter Egg Bunny showing my connections throughout, so if I say **** I mean ****.
What like the quarterly reports? Seems irrelevant. Nike is better than Adidas as a company and with public perception. Should be obvious.

Adidas current uniforms for us are better than anything we've had under Nike since 03 or the 04 redesign which I liked. The bra strap and the abomination of the orange/green helmets don't come close to touching our current uniforms - and definitely not after these minor upgrades to the material are made.

Nike hasn't given a **** about us since that 04 redesign. Sure we were one of the 'elite 11' or whatever to get the pro combats lol. But that's it. They loved us and focused on us because we were successful, that is it.And I'm not trying to debate this again, so wont even respond if you do, but We're probably still making more with Adidas than whatever lame offer Nike made to us.... Now if you were saying you'll post the reports on what we were receiving from Nike and what we are receiving from Adidas... I'd love to see those lol.

The reality is Nike didn't care about us by the end cause we weren't having as much success. They prioritized Oregon cause of Phil Knight. Right now Nike is perfectly happy still just using our branding on their colorways - which imo is dirty. Why should we show such loyalty to them when they hadn't to us... It can also be true that Adidas hasn't lived up to their end of the original agreement. It can also be true that we got ****ed by both, but still got better uniforms and more money from Adidas along the way than we received from Nike at the end. For that reason switching to Adidas in hindsight is still a fine move imo. And now maybe there will be a real competition for who our next partner is.

Now maybe after we have a great season this year and clearly show everyone we're here to stay, Nike (or Jordan brand) will come back and give us something actually good that makes it worth switching, in which case I'll be fully on board.

Advertisement

You just suck Nike juice. Are you a sell rep?

Advertisement

What's your take on Nike coming right at Adidas and taking their contract with the German National Soccer Team (double the money) after almost 80 years of Adidas having that contract as the homegrown company? It seems a lot of *** for tat going on with Soccer contract this year.

Adidas is still bleeding out from the Yeezy inventory, so is it striking while the iron is hot? Retaliation for the Brazil soccer offers? Or something else?

What like the quarterly reports? Seems irrelevant. Nike is better than Adidas as a company and with public perception. Should be obvious.

Adidas current uniforms for us are better than anything we've had under Nike since 03 or the 04 redesign which I liked. The bra strap and the abomination of the orange/green helmets don't come close to touching our current uniforms - and definitely not after these minor upgrades to the material are made.

Nike hasn't given a **** about us since that 04 redesign. Sure we were one of the 'elite 11' or whatever to get the pro combats lol. But that's it. They loved us and focused on us because we were successful, that is it.And I'm not trying to debate this again, so wont even respond if you do, but We're probably still making more with Adidas than whatever lame offer Nike made to us.... Now if you were saying you'll post the reports on what we were receiving from Nike and what we are receiving from Adidas... I'd love to see those lol.

The reality is Nike didn't care about us by the end cause we weren't having as much success. They prioritized Oregon cause of Phil Knight. Right now Nike is perfectly happy still just using our branding on their colorways - which imo is dirty. Why should we show such loyalty to them when they hadn't to us... It can also be true that Adidas hasn't lived up to their end of the original agreement. It can also be true that we got ****ed by both, but still got better uniforms and more money from Adidas along the way than we received from Nike at the end. For that reason switching to Adidas in hindsight is still a fine move imo. And now maybe there will be a real competition for who our next partner is.

Now maybe after we have a great season this year and clearly show everyone we're here to stay, Nike (or Jordan brand) will come back and give us something actually good that makes it worth switching, in which case I'll be fully on board.
Thank You for an unbiased opinion. Nike treated us like $shi7 but Relly as member of the board will tell you how much better we should be doing with Nike.

Advertisement
Back