New uniform material and more? (official)

Advertisement
The only way to properly replicate the 80/90s look is a return to when the numbers weren't stitched on.

UMfb92scans20-2063.jpg

Advertisement
I can't even begin to say how much I hate that stupid ******* addumbass logo being in such a prominent place on any Miami uniform. In the one picture it's even larger than the Miami U. **** THAT NOISE!!

Advertisement
Nah those garbage MLB uniforms were made by Nike.

They were made by Fanatics, actually. Nike just designed them, Fanatics is the manufacturer since they took over Majestics. Nike manufacturers all their college gear in house while using Fanatics to manufacture fan apparel.

They were made by Fanatics, actually. Nike just designed them, Fanatics is the manufacturer since they took over Majestics. Nike manufacturers all their college gear in house while using Fanatics to manufacture fan apparel.
All true - but didn't Nike provide the specs though? It's not like Fanatics was farming our different fabric than what Nike would have used in house. It's all aligned to the original specs. Nike wanted to make them breathable and by doing so, made them transparent. No different than seeing the *** of every NFL player who's team wears white pants.

Advertisement
This. It always comes back to the clean, classic style. The absolute best thing Adidas did was bring back the classic style jersey. They never look dated. I know people love those 2000-20002 uniforms because the team was really good but honestly they look goofy and outdated in 2024.
I never understand the attempts to ***** around with perfection over the years. Okay, once or twice a year put on an alternate uniform to please the kiddos and fashionistas out there, but the standard, everyday uniform? Leave it alone. The Canes are a brand. Be proud of it. The other historic major brands in college football don't make massive changes to their standard unis, neither should the Canes.

I never understand the attempts to ***** around with perfection over the years. Okay, once or twice a year put on an alternate uniform to please the kiddos and fashionistas out there, but the standard, everyday uniform? Leave it alone. The Canes are a brand. Be proud of it. The other historic major brands in college football don't make massive changes to their standard unis, neither should the Canes.
It’s all about sales $$$. If we buy a jersey that becomes our favorite, we’ll wear it until it falls apart. Give us an alternative, and we’ll likely buy it even if we have a favorite already.

Fanatics just made what Nike told them to make. The design was a failure from the jump.

Advertisement
All true - but didn't Nike provide the specs though? It's not like Fanatics was farming our different fabric than what Nike would have used in house. It's all aligned to the original specs. Nike wanted to make them breathable and by doing so, made them transparent. No different than seeing the *** of every NFL player who's team wears white pants.

I’ll answer both u & @DTP

Yes, which is why I said Nike “designed” the jerseys, but Fanatics were the ones who used their materials to create the jersey. Which is why Nike execs went to the Fanatics plant to see what happened with the execution of the products.

Regardless, as I’ve said b4, the worst thing Nike could’ve done in which their CEO already admitted complacency w/in their design dept, including the **** poor idea of “City Connect.” I wish they would burn that concept to the ground.

It’s all about sales $$$. If we buy a jersey that becomes our favorite, we’ll wear it until it falls apart. Give us an alternative, and we’ll likely buy it even if we have a favorite already.
I understand. That's why I said to wear an alternate once or twice a year to appease those fans that like new uniforms and to increase jersey $ales, but at the end of the day, I don't think you mess with the brand's bread and butter.

Treat the uniforms as something special and iconic. You don't see Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, ND, PSU, OSU, or any of the other historic brands in college football making major changes to their standard uniforms (much less once every 4 years or so like the Canes were doing for a while).

Leave that crapola to Oregon.

Advertisement
Back