New uniform material and more? (official)

Advertisement
If you are such a hardcore Nike fan you can't admit that objectively these are the best uniforms we have had since at least the 04 redesign took place, you are 1000% just a straight up hater.
I think they look fine and I’ll probably get *****ed at here but I don’t like how the stripe is so high on the shoulder that is just cuts off into the front of the jersey, looks odd to me personally.
IMG_2658.webp

I think I would prefer if the stripe was an actual whole piece like on the Michigan uniform.
IMG_2660.webp

Advertisement
I think they look fine and I’ll probably get *****ed at here but I don’t like how the stripe is so high on the shoulder that is just cuts off into the front of the jersey, looks odd to me personally. View attachment 294479

I think I would prefer if the stripe was an actual whole piece like on the Michigan uniform. View attachment 294480
Michigan is crazy not to wear those maize pants every week.

I think they look fine and I’ll probably get *****ed at here but I don’t like how the stripe is so high on the shoulder that is just cuts off into the front of the jersey, looks odd to me personally. View attachment 294479

I think I would prefer if the stripe was an actual whole piece like on the Michigan uniform. View attachment 294480
I think that's a valid criticism. I don't dislike the stripe as-is, but I think locating it lower towards the cuff would have been different from anything we'd have ever had in the past. I wouldn't have minded seeing that.

I'd have even been cool if they made it like a tapered stripe going down towards the armpit...like with that picture you posted with Jaden where his shoulders are tilted forward/down, if the stripe kinda kept that direction and wrapped under/around instead of just cutting off...I dunno if that would look good? But I'd have been interested in seeing what it looked like. I think if the angle was bold enough, it could look good.

Alternative idea - they could have done a fading/dimple pattern on the ends of the stripe so it didn't cut off so abruptly.

Facts! I'm with you bro. We're a marketing giant waiting to explode! We have the ingredients right now. A high profile QB, Recruiting Momentum, and a Head Coach with a story to sell as the "former" player who got us back on track.
It’s going to happen and when it does it will be too late for fsu and gator fans to realize it. They been ignoring what we been doing but it’s going to shock tf out of them. No more “it’s Miami they are always hyped and lose” talk anymore. The media is who did that to us always hyping us for nothing. Now it’s real and they going to find out real soon and when we in cruise control those fans will start circling us as a loss regularly.

Advertisement
The entire Nike vs Adidas debate is a scathing indictment of our fanbase and how many people are illiterate when it comes to business and negotiations. I've never heard of an entity taking a "Prove it" deal, when superior deals were on the table, and that's what a lot of our fans expected this University to do, just because of their misplaced loyalty to a shoe company.

This is a simple dollars and cents argument, and Adidas won that battle. If Nike truly wanted to keep Miami, they could have matched the deal, full stop. Instead, they chose to give Miami a deal that was held together with wishes and dreams, while Miami is stuck competing against schools with significantly more revenue at their disposal. Maybe a school like Alabama can afford to take a mediocre deal, because money isn't an issue for them, but at the time, Miami had to evaluate every single revenue stream, because we were fighting to catch up.

I'm not even going to get into how the University was treated at the end of the Nike deal. Getting equipment and gear was a nightmare, anyone that had any access to the athletic department could see that Nike treated us terribly. Customer service was nonexistent and honestly, it was beyond obvious that we were no longer a priority. No organization worth a **** would stand for that long term, especially when the deal that was offered was obviously a "We couldn't care less about you" kind of deal.

If Nike comes correct next window, then let's roll. Until then, we are with Adidas and as long as they are treating the University well, I'm fine with it. I'm loyal to the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI, not a shoe company.

A true "prove it" deal is all or nothing. The Nike offer was lower guarantee/higher royalty, which is an "improve it" deal. And, again, one of the reasons for the shift was that Beta Blake was cashing in the equipment/apparel for cash money, and Nike wasn't a fan of being blamed for our "sub-par equipment".

I've seen plenty of deals where people have taken different forms of compensation. I just saw the owner of a company we acquired take nearly 15% of his comp in stock, when our stock price is DOWN. And we are not talking about a 5-year payout, he will get the stock a year from now (when we still expect our stock price to be down). He believes that the business combo will work over the long haul.

Again "getting equipment and gear" was not a nightmare of Nike's creation. They put out a great jersey in the final year of the contract, the "smokes" sold a ton (I remember Harry from AllSports verifying that). Nike was stepping up while Beta Blake was cashing out the equipment and gear because he already wanted to jump to adidas. I know for a fact that adidas was courting Beta Blake for multiple years prior to the expiration of the Nike deal. And I'm not criticizing that, adidas can pitch whatever they want whenever they want, but it certainly rationalizes why Beta Blake was squeezing every last penny out of Nike when he knew he wouldn't be re-upping.

I love when people qualify the whole "as long as adidas is treating UM well" rationale. Was it OK when we got embroiled in the FBI investigation? Was it OK when adidas never paid us equivalent Louisville money, even though they were contractually obligated to do so? Is it OK that adidas rarely releases any of their top shoes in UM colorways and/or logo versions, outside of the UltraBoost?

If all of that is "adidas treating UM so well", then we have some very different standards. If adidas is treating us poorly because Radakovich has already made up his mind to switch to Nike, then we are all even-steven.

But we have 3 years left in a 12 year contract. It's a bit late in the day to get our font and our v-neck FINALLY correct on the jersey. It's a bit late in the day to start offering the general public UM colorways on the best adidas shoes.

Whatever. We still have two posters telling us mythological stories from 10 years ago about how Nike treated us so poorly. Ignoring the fact that Beta Blake was cashing out of the Nike deal. It's just insane how the Beta Blake/adidas fanboys are trying to gaslight us on what really happened.

You just showed in the Michigan picture why Adidas wanted that stripe up a bit higher. Look at the O-Lineman in the pic, you can't even tell that striping is there because of the jersey cut. Same with practically everyone else that has limited sleeves. Adidas relies on that striping as a stealth secondary logo, because people associate the three stripes with Adidas. If no one can see it, or it's extremely inconsistent, it doesn't help them. That's why a lot of schools are moving away from sleeve striping, it's rare anyone actually has traditional sleeves.

That said, it would look great on skill position guys, same with guys that aren't running around in muscle shirts. Plus, it would be a bit more uniform.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I prefer our version. The stripes are actually visible. 😂

New material technology.

Not supposed to come off the shoulder pad as easy/frequent as the old one and the stomach area stays down and covers better.

UM is the only program they have rolled these out for. Might be the only team getting them in 2024.

So a couple of things:

1. These uniforms, aesthetically, are the best uniforms we’ve had. However, being this is literally Adidas’ 5th reiteration of new uniforms w/ better tech, I need to see them in game. Since 2016, the uniforms have looked great in photo ops.

2. I wish Adidas wouldn’t gas & deceive us. We’re not the only program with these threads. TT is a high priority for Adidas b/c of Patrick Mahomes. Adidas has new material, in general. We were the testers of the uniforms, but we’re not the only program that will be wearing these.

I’m attaching side by sides for ur viewings. I’m a true shoe & uniform guy. So @Hufftwoseven , there’s no difference. That’s OK; what’s not OK is the continuous smoke they blow up our ***.

Attachments

• IMG_1863.webp
    IMG_1863.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1862.webp
    IMG_1862.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1860.webp
    IMG_1860.webp
    31 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1857.webp
    IMG_1857.webp
    127.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1861.webp
    IMG_1861.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1856.webp
    IMG_1856.webp
    137.7 KB · Views: 0
I think the whole wacky uniform combo fad in college football is over anyway. The only team still doing it is Oregon and nobody outside of the Pacific Northwest cares about them. Regardless of who produces our jerseys in the future. As long as they’re similar to this current one, I’ll be happy. Maybe a once a year blackout style too. Those look kind of cool.

I've been following the fanatics vs nike mlb uniform fiasco all season and uni-watch provided a pretty comprehensive breakdown on where blame lies for each party. They are imo, one of the industry standards of uniform knowledge and have lots of connections into the uniform world. All that to say, a trustworthy source of information.

Who's to blame?

Fanatics CEO defends

We’ve communicated, btw. He’s a lil old school in certain things, but knows his ****. Good eye for unis.

Advertisement
Back