Mullen officially out

We have done it wrong consistently for almost two decades. My concern is changing the process.

Again, you're not wrong, but in the last 2 decades, the only slam-dunk obvious choice we have had has been Richt, and the only mistake we made there was failing to do the medical due diligence.

Advertisement
It has zero impact to a coaching search.

USC fired Helton after game 3 and they have gotten worse. They weren't even competitive yesterday.

LSU canned Orgeron after beating Florida which has collapsed. They lost 3 straight conference games and struggled to beat Louisiana Monroe yesterday.
Understood.... pool is starting to get deep, I'm hoping with the right hire at AD, this admin will finally have learned to swim..... at least float

Thank you

One more thing you get to fake act like you’re always right
Except I never claim to be right and admit when I am wrong. Tired of everyone acting like he was god’s gift up until a few weeks ago.

Am I wrong that Mullen joins the list of sure fire coaches we should have hired and failed, no. I am actually in the camp that hiring the right coach is way more difficult than everyone makes it out to be and have said that multiple times.

Advertisement
While I agree with you in theory, the reality of "timeline" will dictate who gets hired first.

If we are in a tight window with our preferred HC candidate, it will happen first, regardless of your excellent logic and rationale.

We’re 100% in disagreement.

If we hired the HC before the AD it means we likely hired another unqualified puppet as AD.

What real AD is going to come in and be forced to take a newly hired HC in their highest revenue sport.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yet our BOT or whoever the F, thinks not putting it out that Manny isn’t returning is some type of chess move
As long as the results are the same who cares? Manny was "fired" a while back for all intents and purposes. So we already have a leg up on candidates.

You can't make decisions for the new AD. You let them come in and fire Manny. No need for overreach. Who cares if we wait one week to fire someone? Lane nor Mario going anywhere in the next week or two.

You're also crazy if you don't think planning and contact hasn't already been made by agents and admin in the background. If we're hiring an AD this week, you're crazy if you don't think his recommendations where gone over in the interview and he's already spoke with some coaches/agents.

Every big time director or higher gig Ive interviewed for has asked me what my plans are for the first 30, 60, 90 days in the role.

Advertisement
I believe he wanted out & basically quit on the job.

I think he got tired of dealing with all the drama & said “Fck this sh*t” lol
It is kind of crazy how quickly things went south in Gainesville this year. They were in the SEC championship game last year, nearly beat Bama this year, and then the bottom fell out.

Advertisement
Back