Mullen officially out

Advertisement
Bright side for Don Mullin- this finally frees him up to accept the multiple NFL head coaching jobs that Gheytor fans and his slurpers in general have told us are on the table every year.

I'm thinking he gets the Raiders job. Keep an eye on the Bears too.

Fvck that, he's going to be New England's coach-in-waiting.

That’s fair and well, but we also dragged out feet on canning Blake for several weeks (years). Anyone with a shred of common sense knew they were packing too much into November and December in waiting to fire him, yet that is exactly what they did.

I would have never had that tranny****er near the athletic department, let alone be the AD.

Our school has consistently done it wrong with every HC over the last _____ years. I am fine if it takes some time to find the AD provided we hire a competent AD with passion and autonomy.

That would be a first since ______.

Advertisement
Why is it such a bad thing to say ... Manny won't return as coach after Duke?

Seriously - we know he's fired. So just say it....

Why delay the announcement? So what if there's no AD... the new one isn't keeping him anyway...

JC
So Miami can’t reach out to agents and coaches back channel you’re saying. Only way is to first publicly announce the obvious …. Which of course means everyone knows so back channel is already happening…

chill out.

So.... tell me again what benefit manure is still here??

It isn’t the most pressing issue right now. We need an AD. That is the pressing issue.

Yes, Manny Diaz is awful and should have never been hired but he didn’t hire himself. Neither did the guy before him or the guy before him or the guy before him.

Do you see a trend?

I would have never had that tranny****er near the athletic department, let alone be the AD.

Our school has consistently done it wrong with every HC over the last _____ years. I am fine if it takes some time to find the AD provided we hire a competent AD with passion and autonomy.

That would be a first since ______.
I am 100% in agreement. I am just saying the school can’t use the excuse that “we didn’t have an AD to fire Manny” when it was the school’s very decision to keep Blake James employed for so long that caused that proglem.

Advertisement
So Kiffin wants to leave the SEC East because he has to contend with Saban and LSU, but he will go to Florida and contend with Georgia? LoL. BTW, Florida plays LSU every year. From small college town to big college town. Still an hour and a half to the Atlantic or the Gulf from Gville. We give too much credit for Florida for hiring go head coaches. Meyer is the outlier. They have Zook, Muskrat, McEltooth, and Mullet. Not exactly the Mount Rushmore of College Football Head Coaches.
Spot on. Based upon recent history one can reasonably expect it to go down like this at UiF- there will be a barrage of fantasy names (this might even trigger another Mike Tomlin meltdown) and then in the end they'll make their hire and everyone will be like "Oh. Really? Meh." .

There will inevitably be some people that think it was a low key great hire and we should be shook but those people are probably the same still contending thar Mullen would've killed it at UM.

Advertisement
So.... tell me again what benefit manure is still here??
It has zero impact to a coaching search.

USC fired Helton after game 3 and they have gotten worse. They weren't even competitive yesterday.

LSU canned Orgeron after beating Florida which has collapsed. They lost 3 straight conference games and struggled to beat Louisiana Monroe yesterday.

Advertisement
It isn’t the most pressing issue right now. We need an AD. That is the pressing issue.

Yes, Manny Diaz is awful and should have never been hired but he didn’t hire himself. Neither did the guy before him or the guy before him or the guy before him.

Do you see a trend?

While I agree with you in theory, the reality of "timeline" will dictate who gets hired first.

If we are in a tight window with our preferred HC candidate, it will happen first, regardless of your excellent logic and rationale.

Advertisement
Back