Miami Flo's Predictions

Big difference in filling air time and rambling…and there’s nothing that says a podcast has to last 45 minutes when you can fill 30 minutes with all great info and not resort to adding 15 minutes just for the sake of saying it was a 45 minute podcast….but to each his own…..I’m old so I like to get my info and move on to other info cause I never know when my times going to run out….
Actually rambling is filling air time... I mean I understand your point but those moments of rambling are attractive to various viewers... If you want subs you have to play to all people out there... when doing so you'll have objections but it's par for the course...

Advertisement
It takes actual effort and telent to do such things. Come with an actual agenda. Stop with the weird ramblings about nothing. Just stick to the content thsts gonna push subs. Not scare them off. No one has patience there's 30 optiions that tend to stay on topic and break things down .
You're not wrong but you have to change gears as a creator or your show will get stale.... Most youtubers have a very short lifespan so you have to do what you can to stay relevant...

The commits that are going to get processed out are timothy merritt, demetrius campbell and jaden wilkerson. We’re going to land cortez smith, dj pickett and jaboree antione to replace them.
Thinking Cooking GIF

You better believe it, it’s big boy recruiting and every program in college football including Miami does it if they have to

If a kid doesn't continue to improve as a senior, sure. But IMO they're not taking commits as placeholders until more talented kids want in later. They're taking kids they have evaluated as starting caliber, then +1-ing those elite kids who want in.

Advertisement
Merritt isn’t getting processed out. But would I be surprised if he didn’t end up in this class? Not really. Like if we somehow pulled an elite *** class of Pickett, Hanks, Antoine, and Anding (would be an insane haul)… one of Ewald or Merritt is likely choosing to go elsewhere. And right now I wouldn’t say it’s impossible. More likely we can only get one of Antoine and Anding, LSU is likely to get the other. But even then, Merritt could probably choose Auburn and be their top CB in Their class… so it will be tough to keep Merritt imo

This board is full functioning Assbergers when it comes to class numbers

Every year
No kidding. Of all the things to obsess over lol. I can't recall once in program history where we have ever been dinged for going over on numbers yet every year it's the same anxiety ridden posts about how are we ever going to have the numbers right by fall.

Merritt isn’t getting processed out. But would I be surprised if he didn’t end up in this class? Not really. Like if we somehow pulled an elite *** class of Pickett, Hanks, Antoine, and Anding (would be an insane haul)… one of Ewald or Merritt is likely choosing to go elsewhere. And right now I wouldn’t say it’s impossible. More likely we can only get one of Antoine and Anding, LSU is likely to get the other. But even then, Merritt could probably choose Auburn and be their top CB in Their class… so it will be tough to keep Merritt imo
@calinative umstudent How good is Merritt in your estimation? I haven't watched much on him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mario has processed 1-2 kids out every year so it’s not a crazy prediction. If a kid is a lower ranked prospect and didn’t have great Sr film and we snag a whale at their position…it could definitely happen. But definitely all 3 factors would have to happen. Using Merritt as an unfair example..we literally would have to hit on DJ, Hanks and Slime to even consider processing him out. And we all know we have a small chance of snagging all 3. So he is a bad example. A better one would probably be one of the OT projects. (Wilkerson or Campbell)

Friday Canes Talk

Class Size

• Says he sees class size of 19-21 (had mentioned 18-20 in earlier shows). Still doesn't see a full(25-27) class
  • Still says two commits will get processed out (one is an OL)

Iose Epenesa

• He thinks we're currently in the lead

Elijah Griffin

• Uphill battle

DJ Pickett

• Will be a Cane in December. Very confident about this.
  • Unsure who he might pick on the 17th
Solomon Thomas

• Keep an eye on this recruitment for a potential flip

Dereon Coleman
  • Of all the recruits we've had in the last couple years, he likes the potential (ceiling) of Coleman the most
  • This is only Soph tape

We are currently at 17 commits in the class. Flo says class size will be between 18-21. Keep in mind that we do not have any WRs or DTs committed yet and Mario has said that this WR class will be comparable to the 2024 DT class. Flo also says that Pickett will be a Cane and that we lead for Epenesa and to watch a Solomon Thomas flip. Yes I know he said there may be two processed but the math just doesn't add up.

Last edited:
I just don’t understand this idea that we’ll take less than full classes to leave room for the portal. Surely the staff realizes that you’re going to have about as much portal attrition as additions each year.
Canes have 14 Seniors that will be done with eligibility. They also have 6 redshirt juniors four of which are in their fifth years such as Rivers, Mesidor, Redding Balom. Throw in Arroyo(NFL), Cooper (NFL) and that's 22. And we all know several will transfer out...I expect a full class just my .04.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We are currently at 17 commits in the class. Flo says class size will be between 18-21. Keep in mind that we do not have any WRs or DTs committed yet and Mario has said that this WR class will be comparable to the 2024 DT class. Flo also says that Pickett will be a Cane and that we lead for Epenesa and to watch a Solomon Thomas flip. Yes I know he said there may be two processed but the math just doesn't add up.
The math here makes no sense

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back