Miami Flo's Predictions

Advertisement
You're right, I do remember him saying this. Added this to the OP

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
6/25HS Recruiting class will not be highly rated because it will be small (18-20)

That being said, he didn't disagree when the General said on Sunday that the class would be in the 20-22 range.

If you look at all the +1 recruits were after, the likelihood of Mario flipping them (Flo himself said at least 3 priority flips) and the open WR slots, I'm seeing a HS recruiting class in the 21-24 range. Either that or more recruits are getting processed out.
It’s not just someone getting processed out, it’s talent we would want to stay, leaving because of PT. It’s why so many of us have said that the days of stacking talent through HS recruiting is gone. Just not really possible anymore. You are replenishing via HS and the portal every year. Look at our 22 and 23 classes and how many have already left. I don’t think you see small classes anymore with the amount of attrition everyone is dealing with.

It’s not just someone getting processed out, it’s talent we would want to stay, leaving because of PT. It’s why so many of us have said that the days of stacking talent through HS recruiting is gone. Just not really possible anymore. You are replenishing via HS and the portal every year. Look at our 22 and 23 classes and how many have already left. I don’t think you see small classes anymore with the amount of attrition everyone is dealing with.
I agree on that. Although we should not have lot of attrition to graduation limiting your class size yourself to save spots for transfer is not a good option. For me it only applies to HS QB as Dmoney mention as the rate is too much and the failure rate is way bigger.

Advertisement
I agree on that. Although we should not have lot of attrition to graduation limiting your class size yourself to save spots for transfer is not a good option. For me it only applies to HS QB as Dmoney mention as the rate is too much and the failure rate is way bigger.
I’m still not in full agreement on the QB side of things. That was just excuses for dropping the ball there. We got potentially lucky and backed up the brinks truck for Cam, so much so, that when the smoke cleared it was probably just as much money had we signed 3 top tier HS kids.

QB is high risk but it is high reward. Look at the impact of a good QB and how it pertains to us. No Cam and this year is looking suspect af, but we did get him and now hope to win 10 or more. Not to mention, while QB gets paid a ton the other positions get paid a bunch. So far we paid what for Acheampong, Moss, and Wayne to never really contribute? What about Samson? It’s a debate no doubt but I would never punt on QB because the price is too high, it’s the most important position in sports.

Last edited:
I’m still not in full agreement on the QB side of things. That was just excuses for dropping the ball there. We got potentially lucky and backed up the brinks truck for Cam, so much so, that when the smoke cleared it was probably just as much money had we signed 3 top tier HS kids.

QB is high risk but it is high reward. Look at the impact of a good QB and how it pertains to us. No Cam and this year is looking suspect af, but we did get him and now hope to win 10 or more. Not to mention, while QB gets paid a ton the other positions get paid a bunch. So far we paid what for Acheampong, Moss, and Wayne to never really contribute? What about Samson? It’s a debate no doubt but I would never punt on QB because the price is too high, it’s the most important position in sports.
Hard Truth time. I don’t think we’re punting on QB. The interest has to be reciprocated. The reality is, we need Cam Ward to ball out of control this year because Miami might be the worst P4 QB development program in the last 20 years.

HS QB’s are not lining up to come here until we show them we can develop a NFL QB. We are in QB purgatory. We’re at **** near 40 years since we’ve produced a starting NFL qb.

These kids have never seen a Miami QB ball out. So we have no choice but to recruit guys with a chip on their shoulder who are Out to prove people wrong and be part of the change.

Here’s the reality. We are not in any kind of position to land a 5 star QB. The only way we have a chance is to offer some outrageous amount of money. Transfers are different we can pitch the OL and playmakers. But even with the transfers they have to fit that same underdog mold. That can all change this year. We must perform at an elite level.

Hard Truth time. I don’t think we’re punting on QB. The interest has to be reciprocated. The reality is, we need Cam Ward to ball out of control this year because Miami might be the worst P4 QB development program in the last 20 years.

HS QB’s are not lining up to come here until we show them we can develop a NFL QB. We are in QB purgatory. We’re at **** near 40 years since we’ve produced a starting NFL qb.

These kids have never seen a Miami QB ball out. So we have no choice but to recruit guys with a chip on their shoulder who are Out to prove people wrong and be part of the change.

Here’s the reality. We are not in any kind of position to land a 5 star QB. The only way we have a chance is to offer some outrageous amount of money. Transfers are different we can pitch the OL and playmakers. But even with the transfers they have to fit that same underdog mold. That can all change this year. We must perform at an elite level.
I think we offered an outrageous amount of money to our transfer QB, but I truly don't think it matters.

Advertisement
Glad to hear we will recruit over some guys. I know it’s cutthroat but we need premium talent if the class is smaller. We have dev guys in rooms already. We need some ready made dudes if the class is going to be under 25

Advertisement
Added to the non-recruiting predictions

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
7/2There are coaches coming August that will surprise people
jason bourne GIF

According to Flo one of the insiders the HS class will not be full as they will save 7-8 spots for the transfer portal. If true we are at 13 now with 2-3 more coming shortly. That will leave 4-5 spots max for HS recruits. The only way I can see it if we over recruit on the 13 guys already in..
Flo has some info that doesn't always hit so it could be a smaller class but I wouldn't be surprised if the number he's reporting is exaggerated

Advertisement
Flo has some info that doesn't always hit so it could be a smaller class but I wouldn't be surprised if the number he's reporting is exaggerated

Ya oesn't even make sense…Why save 7-8 spots, when you will have a minimum 5-6 leaving? So you gonna bring in 13 portal?? I don't think that info is correct. 5 HS OL/6 minimum HS DB….already 3 LB in fold. No way they are leaving 7-8 open

Advertisement
Back