Miami Flo's Predictions

According to Flo one of the insiders the HS class will not be full as they will save 7-8 spots for the transfer portal. If true we are at 13 now with 2-3 more coming shortly. That will leave 4-5 spots max for HS recruits. The only way I can see it if we over recruit on the 13 guys already in..

Understand. So, not expecting much turnover for '25?

Advertisement
I don't see how we take less than 24.

1 QB, 1 RB, 5 OL, 2 TE, 2-3 WR, 2 DE, 2-3 DT, 2-3 LB, 6-7 DB = 24-27, assuming no ST recruits.

For the portal, we should only need 1 QB, 1-2 DL, 1 S, 1 -2 CB. So that's 4-6 guys, plus backfilling anyone who transfers out unexpectedly for whatever reason. They may take a truly elite player if one emerges. But a lot of Mario's guys are growing up now. He'll need to push them up or out.

With Mario being a recruiting maniac, if he feels he can take 25 really good players, he will take all of them. He won't pass on players due to "numbers". He acquires talent and then works out the numbers later.

everyone GIF

Al Davis Nfl GIF by Las Vegas Raiders

Advertisement
Sunday Night Canes Talk

Gavin Nix

• Nix commits to the Canes on Monday. Likes Miami here.

Dereon Coleman

• Coleman has a strong chance of picking the Canes. Flo doesn't have a strong vibe on this one. Like traits, but a little small. Time to grow.

Hylton Drake Stubbs

• Stubbs commits to the Canes on Thursday. Stubbs is all planet (only behind Pickett). Reminds him of a more athletic Kitchens. Likes Miami here.
Surprise Coming

• Surprise commit could be coming Friday/Saturday. News could break tomorrow (Monday)

There are at least 2-3 3* commits that are going to get upgraded to 4*

Class Size

• The General said he expects a class size of between 20-22 and Flo nodded in agreement.

South Florida vs GA Recruiting

• Flo thinks the class will not have more than 4-5 South Florida Recruits in it
  • He knows of one more SFL recruit that will commit and we'll need to work hard for the other
  • We are not done in GA. GA becoming more like SFL recruiting wise
  • SFL out of the planet in the 26 cycle though
  • We may circle back for a SFL DL

Daylyn Upshaw

• Upshaw, playmaker, Flo wants him in the class. Afraid Bama will circle back here.

Calvin Russell

• Russell might be the best player in the country next cycle

Coaching

• There are coaches coming August that will surprise people
  • Discussion about Lamar Thomas joining the staff as a recruiter

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lindend another prediction he made was he doesn't think this will be a very highly rated class because he expects Miami to only sign 18-21 high school recruits and another 7 or portals.

You're right, I do remember him saying this. Added this to the OP

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
6/25HS Recruiting class will not be highly rated because it will be small (18-20)

That being said, he didn't disagree when the General said on Sunday that the class would be in the 20-22 range.

If you look at all the +1 recruits were after, the likelihood of Mario flipping them (Flo himself said at least 3 priority flips) and the open WR slots, I'm seeing a HS recruiting class in the 21-24 range. Either that or more recruits are getting processed out.

I don't see how we take less than 24.

1 QB, 1 RB, 5 OL, 2 TE, 2-3 WR, 2 DE, 2-3 DT, 2-3 LB, 6-7 DB = 24-27, assuming no ST recruits.

For the portal, we should only need 1 QB, 1-2 DL, 1 S, 1 -2 CB. So that's 4-6 guys, plus backfilling anyone who transfers out unexpectedly for whatever reason. They may take a truly elite player if one emerges. But a lot of Mario's guys are growing up now. He'll need to push them up or out.
If using your model above and taking the least number of each group, that would be less than 24.

You're right, I do remember him saying this. Added this to the OP

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
6/25HS Recruiting class will not be highly rated because it will be small (18-20)

That being said, he didn't disagree when the General said on Sunday that the class would be in the 20-22 range.

If you look at all the +1 recruits were after, the likelihood of Mario flipping them (Flo himself said at least 3 priority flips) and the open WR slots, I'm seeing a HS recruiting class in the 21-24 range. Either that or more recruits are getting processed out.
Did you add surprise coming to the predictions to follow or is that too loose of a take to track?

Nix we’ve known about for weeks and Stubbs has crystal balls out the wazoo since Sunday. Those are easier predictions to
dish within the last 48.

If he hits on the surprise Friday/Saturday, give him bonus points. Lol.

Advertisement
Flo has also said consistently he sees 1-2 guys currently committed to NOT be in the final class.

If you take two away, you can see where the 22 number can be reached. He has been saying for months he believes the class will be smaller than the past two.

Advertisement
Back