McFarland if we sign him to be used in the slot a lot

Coach did not have the right guy to run any motion this year main reason trying RPO was a failure [plus Kaaya]. McF would add that option of sweeps and reverses, big need.

Disagree, Stacy coley and ahmmon richards were dynamic and faster than any receiver he had at uga the last 5 years and I was shocked he only ran like 1 or 2 reverses with them. Coley has a touchdown off of one his freshman year for 71 yards

Chris Conley ran a 4.35 at the combine.
Malcolm Mitchell ran a 4.45 at the combine.
Tavares King ran a 4.47 at the combine.
Had guys like Isaiah McKenzie & Sony Michel used slot/receiver.

Advertisement
Love that they're talking about using him in the slot because that makes me believe Rick might apply some of that jet sweep action that Pitt used so beautifully this year. That would really help open up our run game and give us some excellent boot action in the playaction pass game.

Would love to see us incorporate that with a super fast dude like McF. He's a bigger stronger version of Henderson from Pitt who they use so well on that seeep action.

I'll be shocked if we see that but would be awesome. We are both fans of Matt Canada and the way he creates mismatches.

I don't remember us using motion on offense 1 time this year.

Could someone put up his highlights? The only one i found were his sophomore highlights

Advertisement
I figured Dee Jay left the number 5 for him to come... he picked 13.... anyways I also saw an article from canesport that said he was down to 2 school from the final 3. Anyone have that full article?

While I still believe McFarland will end up in this class, there are some factors that lead me to believe this recruitment isn't a done deal.

1. Even though Harley's situation was perplexing given the multitude of potential reasons as to why he didn't choose Miami (leverage for UF offer, WVU loyalty, sister getting offered as a package deal, we never actually wanted him, etc.), it concerns me that if McFarland is a "Cane lock" as Pete has reiterated, why hasn't he at least committed? Why wait all this time? No knock on Pete as he constantly delivers top notch information; just wondering.

And the follow up to my 1st question is this: There are a lot of reports out there saying that Najee Harris (the #1 RB in the country who is currently committed to Alabama) will end up at Michigan or USC. Therefore, those people think that McFarland is playing the waiting game to see where Harris ends up before making a commitment. Pure speculation, but it seems like a reasonable theory.

Again, I still think he ends up a Cane. Happy New Year to all and Go Canes.

Recruiting vets will tell you don't ever listen to the silent commit nonsense or the alleged locks who refuse to go public.

This dude was out injured all year. He's not playing in any all star games. There's not going to be a "big moment" for him to make an announcement.

Advertisement
Prepare to be bashed my man. I, however, understand your concerns. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Insiders have been saying that it's between us and Maryland, but imo Bama is in the mix if they put on the full court press. People were saying we were looking good a while back and then the kid up and called Bama his leader. We shall see.

Who knows what this dude is thinking. Does he really feel man enough to come down here and compete or is he second guessing himself after the injury and looking to take the hometown layup.

Mcfarland is already commited. Richt said they had 2 backs in the class and dallas said the other day there is a offensive player commited that nobody knows is commited.

Mcfarland is already commited. Richt said they had 2 backs in the class and dallas said the other day there is a offensive player commited that nobody knows is commited.

and Holoman told this staff he was pretty much committed too....

Advertisement
Advertisement
While I still believe McFarland will end up in this class, there are some factors that lead me to believe this recruitment isn't a done deal.

1. Even though Harley's situation was perplexing given the multitude of potential reasons as to why he didn't choose Miami (leverage for UF offer, WVU loyalty, sister getting offered as a package deal, we never actually wanted him, etc.), it concerns me that if McFarland is a "Cane lock" as Pete has reiterated, why hasn't he at least committed? Why wait all this time? No knock on Pete as he constantly delivers top notch information; just wondering.

And the follow up to my 1st question is this: There are a lot of reports out there saying that Najee Harris (the #1 RB in the country who is currently committed to Alabama) will end up at Michigan or USC. Therefore, those people think that McFarland is playing the waiting game to see where Harris ends up before making a commitment. Pure speculation, but it seems like a reasonable theory.

I with and your concerns are duly noted ..

Anything could happen but seriously, why do "fans" like you make these type of posts and always conclude them with I still think he ends up a Cane

Not sure how people dont get that there is no such thing as a commitment. Only signees and at this point he is not a signee.

You want to wear the Ibis hat in interviews, actively recruit, shut shiat down and publicly be a commitment then people should feel better, but still not 100% secure and he aint done any of that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back