McFarland if we sign him to be used in the slot a lot

To me personally the Burns health thing is a concern. A Possibility of little or no playing time this year. I hope I am in error here in my opinion.

Advertisement
Here is the best part about those track numbers. He is 5'9 205 as a senior. That is Duke size as a junior in college. This kid has big time written all over him, if he stays healthy. Could be a legit 220 by his soph year. A low to the ground bowling ball with break away speed and hands.

Sam Bruce speed in a Joe Yearby/Duke body--sounds OK!

I was picturing Trent Richardson and Doug Martin in college. Both were 5'9 220-225 pound bowling balls.

He's been a Cane for months. I'm excited about him because he's the top of all purpose back that can play in te slot, the backfield or wherever and the defense has to focus on Him because linebackers can't cover him at all. Safety receiver who can get 1000 rushing with enough touches makes him a big threat here

Advertisement
Kids film is pretty good. But when a kid says the dreaded "with the win it helped me with Miami" ... It does not bode well. I thought we were his clear cut leader? Hopefully we can land him bc the RB rotation after Walton leaves is dire. Also have to wonder what production we get from Burns later.down the line.

Him and his pops said miami leads. Think he is not trying to give anything away.

Love that they're talking about using him in the slot because that makes me believe Rick might apply some of that jet sweep action that Pitt used so beautifully this year. That would really help open up our run game and give us some excellent boot action in the playaction pass game.

Would love to see us incorporate that with a super fast dude like McF. He's a bigger stronger version of Henderson from Pitt who they use so well on that seeep action.

Here is the best part about those track numbers. He is 5'9 205 as a senior. That is Duke size as a junior in college. This kid has big time written all over him, if he stays healthy. Could be a legit 220 by his soph year. A low to the ground bowling ball with break away speed and hands.

I think this guy's speed shyts all over Bruce's speed.

Advertisement

Kid reminds me ALOT of Jones drew

Has anyone seen Maryland recently? No way he signs with that dumpster fire. Would be worse than a Greek tragedy.

He's deejay's ace and a cane lock. He actually made the opening as a wr so I assumed this would happen. The vid is on YouTube of him playing receiver, seemed natural

If they use Dallas on offense, I could see them having similar packages, almost mirror images of each other, where Deejay is primarily a slot receiver but occasionally takes a handoff in motion, while McFarland is primarily a second RB but moves to the slot on motion or takes a pass off of play action.

Advertisement

He's faster than Sam Bruce lol Bruce is 4.56

This kid reminds me of a faster Alex collins

stop saying maryland you idiots, he's a silent commit to the canes.

You can never be sure...Staff already got fvcked over this year with Jeremiah Holloman (he was a silent commit after his OV, then backed off his commitment without letting the staff know)

Advertisement

He's faster than Sam Bruce lol Bruce is 4.56

This kid reminds me of a faster Alex collins

The Alex Collins comparison is on point. Dude was a beast for Arkansas...this kid is better.

I'm thinking Ty Montgomery when at Stanford, a flex guy that just makes plays running and receiving

I'm thinking Ty Montgomery when at Stanford, a flex guy that just makes plays running and receiving

Montgomery was a straight up receiver at Stanford after being recruited as a running back, if memory serves. Tavon Austin type of role would be dope though.

Advertisement
Back