2024 Marquise Lightfoot 4* DE from Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve told you the bottom fell out of the class. That’s about as point blank as I can give it to anyone here.

Expect zero on the DL front until the board is reshuffled. At that point, you can determine what’s next.

So…we lost out on our entire DL board (Scott, Stewart, Franklin, breland, Jayden, Lightfoot, jones, McCray)?

Advertisement
Good to know that in our most important month of recruiting, the staff only now realizes they have major gaps in their ability to forecast their recruiting pipeline. I suppose they were relying on coaches meetings with the recruits and feedback from NIL discussions, which were positive.

How could this happen? How could they be so blindsided? One possibility is that with the professionalization of NIL representation, kids and their family are being coached to tell all programs what they want to hear, not share how they really are leaning. Thoughts?

Possibilities:
- Mario’s success was bag related.
- Mario forgot how to recruit
- Miami is broke or cheap
- Mario is struggling to adapt with NIL and the portal era

Advertisement
At Ghandi, u gotten any insights into what happened? From JT being maybe the top DL.recruiter in the nation to this? I dont buy the they are broke bit. Them man building a new facility thats top class. So if money is an issue, ita reluctance to spend. Maybe they pit Mario on a performance scale after watching last season..im just spitballing though
It's simple as us fans always crowning someone before results have been proven. Not saying it will be the same for JT we will see but same can be said for Beard when chance robinson, and Smith were hyping up the hire, everyone still loves DVD for some reason, Simpson was the previous killer DL recruiter we had and can't forget Kevin Smith. I'm sure it's way more but we do this quite often. Lol now that I think about it isn't Addae still supposed to be a future Defensive coordinator?

Go hire Zach Smith, Corey Raymond and Trooper Taylor and all of a sudden our results go crazy even locally. I'm only half way joking of course... Mario actually needs good recruiters around him and he is finding that out when it comes to these big boys.
Smith sh*tted on Gattis every chance he got last year, he's good in my book. Come on down :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
At Ghandi, u gotten any insights into what happened? From JT being maybe the top DL.recruiter in the nation to this? I dont buy the they are broke bit. Them man building a new facility thats top class. So if money is an issue, ita reluctance to spend. Maybe they pit Mario on a performance scale after watching last season..im just spitballing though

Im trying to not be a mope on the open board because this is the most trafficked site for Canes football period.

TMI on this topic will be used to further kick Miami’s **** in on the trail this year and I don’t want that to happen.

The only thing I’ll say on the open board is that the school and its process (first class) are being leveraged by the big boys to essentially do the leg work for them on the NIL front.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yea, but Lightfoot commits on Monday doesn’t he?

Ohio State really about to go 5-0 against us. Put in a body bag.
fuck my life fml GIF

Im trying to not be a mope on the open board because this is the most trafficked site for Canes football period.
TMI on this topic will be used to further kick Miami’s **** in on the trail this year and I don’t want that to happen.

The only thing I’ll say on the open board is that the school and its process (first class) are being leveraged by the big boys to essentially do the leg work for them on the NIL front.
So they’re basically matching whatever nil we give with bag and not nil money?

I’ve always had a feeling that the frontrunners will do anything to stop any recruiting momentum down here including overpay.

Tbh, you don’t have to be an insider to see how that’s happening. Especially when it’s coming out we are finishing 3rd or worse for most of these players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back