2024 Marquise Lightfoot 4* DE from Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
At Ghandi, u gotten any insights into what happened? From JT being maybe the top DL.recruiter in the nation to this? I dont buy the they are broke bit. Them man building a new facility thats top class. So if money is an issue, ita reluctance to spend. Maybe they pit Mario on a performance scale after watching last season..im just spitballing though

Reactions: jsy
So we're punting on the 2024 class then, we'll just focus on trying to have a good season and make the 2025 class filled with elite guys
If we have a good year on the field we’ll be able to finish strong before National Signing Day.

But Early Signing Day is most likely going to a middle of the pack type of haul.

These ‘24 kids watched Miami last year and saw the same things we all did. A bad program.

Advertisement
If we have a good year on the field we’ll be able to finish strong before National Signing Day.

But Early Signing Day is most likely going to a middle of the pack type of haul.

These ‘24 kids watched Miami last year and saw the same things we all did. A bad program.
No disrespect but I heard people say that, and we could be 7-1 on November 1st with 90% of our board committed elsewhere. Hope they figure something out now in July money.wise

At Ghandi, u gotten any insights into what happened? From JT being maybe the top DL.recruiter in the nation to this? I dont buy the they are broke bit. Them man building a new facility thats top class. So if money is an issue, ita reluctance to spend. Maybe they pit Mario on a performance scale after watching last season..im just spitballing though
nothing has changed, only the narrative

as a lifelong dolphins fan I love JT but to call someone, anyone the best DL recruiter in nation when he hasn't signed a single player is asinine & a disservice to JT. then he's seen as a failure bc of unreasonable expectations they have been placed on him from those inside the hecht who talk to "insiders".

As ********* cane fans we've been winning offseasons for 20 years & getting our **** kicked in every fall. maybe things change, maybe they dont, but maybe we should stop listening to "insiders" who have been feeding us narratives all these years

once again, this is not a shot at any "insider" you can only go on what youre told & it is a thankless job

Advertisement
At some point common sense wins out when you are a kid with a ton of talent and you want to win. If nil is equal who would you want to play for? The pathetic canes 5-7 or a perennial winning program with a proven staff and history of success. Let's not make shi harder than it has to be. I'm just being a realist. And for those who point to playing time, alot of these top kids want the competition and believe they are good enough to crack the rotation. Those are the kids you want to recruit anyway. Aside from having a surprise winning season that brings us some needed clout, I don't see this class being top 18 let alone top 10.

Probably not a good one.

They’ve been struggling to get guys developed there for the last 6yrs or so. At some point, people will start to see that.

The same thing is happening to everyone’s favorite DB coach here…T-Rob.

Unfortunately for us it’s not this class that people start to see the failure of the Suckeyes DL development
People crown their coaches for DL and I look and I see Bosa is the one and that kid would have been the goods even if he came here. The same crap gets regurgitated it’s not that they are better developers it’s that they have more money to increase their chance of success with better players.

Based only on what Miami knows, I would bet on Miami.

But I don’t know what the Lightfoot side is thinking or telling others.

Here's how I am translating this based on how this cycle has gone...

Based on what Miami thinks they know, Miami has faith he's coming.

That said, they don't have a great read on what, if anything, Lightfoot is saying to programs like OSU that are also very interested. The Miami side doesn't have a solid read on where OSU stands or whether they're ahead. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement
I’ve told you the bottom fell out of the class. That’s about as point blank as I can give it to anyone here.

Expect zero on the DL front until the board is reshuffled. At that point, you can determine what’s next.
Sad Cry GIF by MOODMAN

Here's how I am translating this based on how this cycle has gone...

Based on what Miami thinks they know, Miami has faith he's coming.

That said, they don't have a great read on what, if anything, Lightfoot is saying to programs like OSU that are also very interested. The Miami side doesn't have a solid read on where OSU stands or whether they're ahead. Fingers crossed.
That’s how I read it

Advertisement
Crazy last year we had UGA insiders saying "you dont want to be h2h with Miami". Hopefully you're right brother. We need it like we air rn.
I've read the same out of ohio states side. So far our sauces have been red herrings so I'll stick with OSU today. My opinion by the clap back on social media, some passive aggressive tweets by other staffs, a target was painted to smash momentum. I don't believe in coincidence, it my opinion this was calculated and planned. If that's remotely correct not much has changed.

Reactions: STG
Good to know that in our most important month of recruiting, the staff only now realizes they have major gaps in their ability to forecast their recruiting pipeline. I suppose they were relying on coaches meetings with the recruits and feedback from NIL discussions, which were positive.

How could this happen? How could they be so blindsided? One possibility is that with the professionalization of NIL representation, kids and their family are being coached to tell all programs what they want to hear, not share how they really are leaning. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back