2024 Marquise Lightfoot 4* DE from Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably shouldn’t say this, but I’m as plugged into the UM side as ever. If it’s coming from me, it is airtight from the UM perspective.

The issue is that we aren’t in the minds of the kids being recruited.
Indeed jefe

Advertisement
You’re bringing up last years class. We’re talking about this years class. you’re avoiding the question because you don’t have a better answer.

Why are we currently struggling to get any high priority targets?

Because we sucked last year and ran off talented kids is my answer.

Yours is…?
You’re talking about last year’s players….and the portal was this year.

I’m not making any excuses because this as been an abject failure in recruiting thus far. Except I don’t believe Mario just suddenly forgot how to recruit. That’s an emotional take. The kids all came last year even when we went 5-7 and sucked donkey d!ck. Why aren’t they coming this year? Our record hasn’t changed, our coaching staff improved on paper…so what’s left? I’ll tell you…

What I do believe is that our financial commitment is not what anyone made it out to be, and now we absolutely have to win 9 games this season or we’re staring down a deep, dark hole.

NIL is the driving force now behind everything. If we don’t adapt, we are f^cked and the dream of being any sort of relevant on the national stage is over for good.

It’s time to employ the UF approach or else we actually don’t have money. Then we’ll have to deal with a gap in recruiting and tamper the crap out of kids next season, and that only works if we win games this year/have money. If we go 7-5 and this class sits in the 20’s….lord have mercy.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230703_080558_Chrome.jpg

Oh boy here we go lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Optimist in me will hold onto hope that after Ohio St snatched our souls, we can at least return the favor for a DE that they’re not prioritizing like some of the other recruits.

But…I’m ready for pain.

How is it different than last year when we basically had a top 5 class?
It’s different because we’d already put in a ton of work in a lot of these kids before our nuclear wasteland of a season. There was a ton of preseason hype last year, that doesn’t exist right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean yea when 90% of our board is committed elsewhere. That's good for the 2025 class tho
We can generate some flips with a 9-win regular season imho. But yes, it would be a bigger boost for 2025 on balance. If Dawson can get our offense rolling this year and TVD bounces back big, that’ll dispel a lot of the myths around Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back