2024 Marquise Lightfoot 4* DE from Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
We went 5-7 and had a bunch of kids leave the program.

Mario’s first year was not pretty.

You know that signing day last year was AFTER the season ended while the season was fresh in all the kids’ minds? AND we didn’t make any staff changes by the signing the kids signed.

Kids leaving the program? I bet recruits couldn’t name one guy that left.

Sorry but these are lame excuses.

We overcame those negatives last signing day.
Evidently, they were not overcome enough. How successful were we getting a QB and WRs in the portal? How about since then? A lingering stench remains.

I’m still non—judgemental about this class and have no problem with the takes so far as long as they are based on evaluations rather than reacting to misses. But it’s getting close to crunch time. July is a big month.

It’s unwise to underestimate the headwinds Mario is recruiting under.

Evidently, they were not overcome enough. How successful were we getting a QB and WRs in the portal? How about since then? A lingering stench remains.

I’m still non—judgemental about this class and have no problem with the takes so far as long as they are based on evaluations rather than reacting to misses. But it’s getting close to crunch time. July is a big month.

It’s unwise to underestimate the headwinds Mario is recruiting under.

That’s fair - Mario is going to have an uphill battle for QB and WR for the next several years but it’s not going to get a whole lot easier.

Advertisement
What's to say. I mean the streak going right now is without lube. It's another top notch banana in the tailpipe. Something stinks, that's what my eyes see. It's been shown multiple times already it's July 2nd .

Advertisement
And again, we are where we are because of Mario. You can't state one without acknowledging the other.
Sure you can, it’s easy. Usually, one of the first steps is doing a reality check. That is of course if trying to be constructive. If your not, who gives a **** what you think.

Further, the problems existed before Mario. It’s been like 20 years in the works or have you not been paying attention. We’re constantly reminded.

Last edited:
You know that signing day last year was AFTER the season ended while the season was fresh in all the kids’ minds? AND we didn’t make any staff changes by the signing the kids signed.

Kids leaving the program? I bet recruits couldn’t name one guy that left.

Sorry but these are lame excuses.

I’m well aware of how the recruiting cycles work. We held our class together after last season. But signing day was the first sign that kids weren’t buying what Mario was selling anymore. We didn’t close on anyone and actually lost cormani, lew and a tightend.

You can believe what you want. I’m not making excuses. I’m pointing out where the problems are coming from.

Advertisement
Gold-Jacket JT better win this one because...........woah buddy my gawd things are SPOOKY

Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back