2024 Marquise Lightfoot 4* DE from Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
meanwhile OSU twitter:

They’re thinking KJ bolden or Stewart, but mostly the former. Bolden has been considered a UGA silent but Ohio St has been working him hard. Newberg put out a report that he’s leaning Ohio St as of eight hours ago when Bolden scheduled his commitment for August 5th.

Lightfoot was also briefly hypothesized along with Jordan Lockhart, an A&M commit that OSU is working on flipping. Mostly just fans spewing names.

They’re thinking KJ bolden or Stewart, but mostly the former. Bolden has been considered a UGA silent but Ohio St has been working him hard. Newberg put out a report that he’s leaning Ohio St as of eight hours ago when Bolden scheduled his commitment for August 5th.

Lightfoot was also briefly hypothesized along with Jordan Lockhart, an A&M commit that OSU is working on flipping. Mostly just fans spewing names.
Stewart would set in panic. The trio of Scott Stewart and Breland was the trio we were told to watch. Scott already seems shaky…

They got momentum going in a variety of ways

Advertisement
It will. It shouldn’t. But it will.

No one outside our tiny little group thinks we have a shot at Lightfoot.

A guy like Scott would be meltdown worthy imo but hey what do I know

I would argue he final product is what should be meltdown worthy…All this obsessing over 1 player, even if we are reported as leading at different times of their recruitment is neither here nor there. I mean I get what you're saying and that people on websites don't think like that…But they'll fall in line if the final class looks good and play on the field improves

IMO it's not Scott = meltdown

It's not getting 3 of
1 of Scott, Stone, Breland that would be dissapointing

Or actually 3 of
Scott, Stone, Breland, Jackson, Jones, Cunningham, Mcray, Bryant

Those top 3 kids? No school in the world is going to land 2 of them unless it's Bama/GA/OSU…Maybe Clemson. And probably not Bama/GA because I'm not sure any of them translates to a zero or a big 3-4 end type. But since we are reported leading at different times, well then people will go nuts if we don't land them.

For perspective on this when I mentioned Lightfoot to some OSU insiders I know they were like “who? Oh yeah that guy. Not sure”

That stung

I would argue he final product is what should be meltdown worthy…All this obsessing over 1 player, even if we are reported as leading at different times of their recruitment is neither here nor there. I mean I get what you're saying and that people on websites don't think like that…But they'll fall in line if the final class looks good and play on the field improves

IMO it's not Scott = meltdown

It's not getting 3 of
1 of Scott, Stone, Breland that would be dissapointing

Or actually 3 of
Scott, Stone, Breland, Jackson, Jones, Cunningham, Mcray, Bryant

Those top 3 kids? No school in the world is going to land 2 of them unless it's Bama/GA/OSU…Maybe Clemson. And probably not Bama/GA because I'm not sure any of them translates to a zero or a big 3-4 end type. But since we are reported leading at different times, well then people will go nuts if we don't land them.
I agree I dropped the Scott thing in there as an example, but also I’m not going on a player by player basis so my comment was a little sideways

It’s a collective thing for sure they we won’t really have a handle on until December

Advertisement
I posted this in the Franklin thread, but I think big picture…below would be a realistic approach

---------------------

DT:
1 of Breland/Scott/Stone
Jones
Russell (DL)
1 of Jackson/Cunningham/Lindsay(DL)/Mcray (I think we'll stay on Cunningham and see how he does this year)

DE:
Franklin
Stewart/Lightfoot/K.Jax/Lindsay(DL)

Then maybe more portal help at either position (More intense if we can't land that 4th DT or 2nd DE)

Could also be some kids like the 3 kids from Tampa (Pickett, Hudson, Thomas) that work their way into that DE spot if we miss.

For perspective on this when I mentioned Lightfoot to some OSU insiders I know they were like “who? Oh yeah that guy. Not sure”

That stung
In The Nuts Pain GIF

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back