2024 Marquise Lightfoot 4* DE from Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is that we aren’t in the minds of the kids being recruited.

In your opinion, is that a reflection of the kids or the staff?

On the one hand, the recruits are teenagers and there is always some indecision with teens. On the other hand, it's the staff's business and livelihood to know their minds, and the staff seemed better suited to the task last year.

Advertisement
We need this, bad. If DL is where all of our resources is going (as what we were told in regards to the lack of OL recruiting), then Lightfoot should be our first domino. We’ve recruited him very well, so let’s see.
Yup, need this one for multiple reasons. Momentum or a lack thereof is a very real thing.

Advertisement
I probably shouldn’t say this, but I’m as plugged into the UM side as ever. If it’s coming from me, it is airtight from the UM perspective.

The issue is that we aren’t in the minds of the kids being recruited.
Shots Fired GIF by Barstool Sports

Does osu want both lightfoot and Stewart?
I doubt they both end up at the same school so if we don’t get a W tomorrow, let’s not all panic again,

Advertisement
Does osu want both lightfoot and Stewart?
I doubt they both end up at the same school so if we don’t get a W tomorrow, let’s not all panic again,

They want both of those guys and Scott. Tbh, they might very well land Scott and Lightfoot. I think Stewart goes to osu or more likely USCe. Jmo.

They want both of those guys and Scott. Tbh, they might very well land Scott and Lightfoot. I think Stewart goes to osu or more likely USCe. Jmo.
If I had to bet on Stewart right now I would guess USCe as well

Him and/or Lightfoot would go a long way in making a statement though I think the chance of us getting Stewart is better

Advertisement
It’s where I’m at as well. We are taking some body shots right now but Mario is still who he is.
Here is how I see it all playing out moving forward. Patterson and Trader are realistic targets. Hopefully Mitchell comes on board but can’t count on that. After that we hit on 2 of the 8 top tier DL. After that Cole and Artavius. Then we go hunker down til December and see what else we can land. Those 6-7 will at least get us to 260+ maybe even 270 and within striking distance of the top ten. It would still be disappointing given board expectations but I think it’s decently realistic. Maybe we get a positive surprise here or there.

Advertisement
Here is how I see it all playing out moving forward. Patterson and Trader are realistic targets. Hopefully Mitchell comes on board but can’t count on that. After that we hit on 2 of the 8 top tier DL. After that Cole and Artavius. Then we go hunker down til December and see what else we can land. Those 6-7 will at least get us to 260+ maybe even 270 and within striking distance of the top ten. It would still be disappointing given board expectations but I think it’s decently realistic. Maybe we get a positive surprise here or there.
I’m with ya. It looks bad right now but it’s not about right now ultimately it’s how it all comes together

It was pretty clear there was a ton of noise and complicated stuff happening with the recruiting and Cribby I think confirmed that when he basically said why he’s been so quiet

That’s what I kinda meant earlier when I was ranting/venting about the info our insiders give us. I don’t doubt the connections or info is legit but saying things like “Miami feels good” doesn’t do much for me. It’s better than being out of it, but it’s clear these are all some really bigtime battles with moving parts so the day to day info isn’t really what I pay attention to. Hopefully we can take a step back in December and see what was really going on and celebrate a top 10 class. I still think we get there because as bad as it seems, not a ton really has changed. Barney was unfortunate, but nothing shocking has happened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back