2024 Marquise Lightfoot 4* DE from Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then pick your target. Go after someone we're battling with a school that won't fight back as strong or who we're battling over only one prospect. Get a win under your belt before going after OSU.
Yup, we need a true win over a perennial power. Something that reminds everyone how highly Mario is thought of as a recruiter. Any of those DT’s or edge guys will do. Cole, Zaquan…they’ll do. It just starts with one guy.

I thought Riley would start the momentum, but that was two weeks ago now.

Advertisement
Yup, we need a true win over a perennial power. Something that reminds everyone how highly Mario is thought of as a recruiter. Any of those DT’s or edge guys will do. Cole, Zaquan…they’ll do. It just starts with one guy.

I thought Riley would start the momentum, but that was two weeks ago now.
All the recent whiffs, has me feeling like Mario is about to flex his recruiting muscle soon. So I guess we'll see

All the recent whiffs, has me feeling like Mario is about to flex his recruiting muscle soon. So I guess we'll see
Agreed. National guys clowning our class in July, I’m sure he doesn’t give af about. Now when a majority of your own fans start to lose hope, join the national guys and the collective noise starts to amount to substantial doubt…then it’s time to remind everyone why you got the job in the first place.

Big truss for now.

I’m torn here. The easy answer is yes, except if the ramifications lead to Ohio St telling us “Oh yeah? You think you’re getting Lightfoot and Stewart H2H against us?”…then that’s not a trade I want to make. Obviously that’s a hypothetical, but Stewart is the one I really want. Ideally we win both, and that would validate JT as a savage recruiter.
My only stance here now is the whole one in hand being better than two in a bush… we need momentum badly, and now would be a perfect time for one these big boys to announce for us. If Stewart doesn’t want to commit but Lightfoot does, what do you do? Sure I’d prefer Stewart over anybody but I’d rather get someone rather than none of them.

Agreed. National guys clowning our class in July, I’m sure he doesn’t give af about. Now when a majority of your own fans start to lose hope, join the national guys and the collective noise starts to amount to substantial doubt…then it’s time to remind everyone why you got the job in the first place.

Big truss for now.
We all know how personal he takes recruiting. So if people are doubting his ability to land the blue chip recruits, he's going to be ****ed off. And I'm sure he's already ****ed off. Let's get through July and hopefully most of us are all in a better mood leading into the season

Advertisement
And don't get me wrong @DMoney this is not a critique on you because you are a straight shooter and you pass along what you get directly from the source.

But Barney was 1000% in the bag. That was a shoe in. Whatever happened in the hours leading up to they took an L.

Now they feel "good" or that they are "in it" for lightfoot.

cool. So do 3-4 other teams. In closing time these things get decided. Preposterous bags are thrown. And at the end you have either

1. A team with an elite whale committed
2. A team with excuses talking about overpaying blah blah blah.

Every single upcoming battle

Breland, Scott, Stone, Mitchell, Lightfoot, Stewart, Trader, Mccray,

will have 2-3 teams upping up the ante. Are we willing to play that game with the big boys?

I can understand them saying we wont play that with a Barney... fine.

BUT BUT u better **** play tha with the whales then. Time to shift that momentum. Do what needs to be done TONIGHT and the whole tone of the fanbase and perception about recruiting changes.

We all know how personal he takes recruiting. So if people are doubting his ability to land the blue chip recruits, he's going to be ****ed off. And I'm sure he's already ****ed off. Let's get through July and hopefully most of us are all in a better mood leading into the season
Say what you want about Mario, but the man bleeds orange and green harder than anyone in here. Couldn’t say the same for his predecessors. I’m not worried at all about effort - he’s going to give it his all.

Let’s just hope it amounts to a successful season in addition to the expected recruiting prizes.

Advertisement

BUT BUT u better **** play tha with the whales then. Time to shift that momentum. Do what needs to be done TONIGHT and the whole tone of the fanbase and perception about recruiting changes.

This all a fair statement

Harder then anyone in here? Doubtful. Nobody bleeds orange & green harder then us ******* fools. 20 years of **** & we're still here.
Let me ask you this. Would you leave a comfy gig out west with a roster full of studs, getting paid roughly the same as you would be down here with the extension talks Oregon had, impeccable facilities, as well as Phil Knight and Nike overseeing NIL operations…for Miami?

I don’t know many on here that would take on this challenge. Remember Oregon allegedly pulled their 10 year, 85 mil offer for him, but they did offer it (if someone wants to discredit that go ahead and I’ll tip my cap).

Mario is relentless and he’s relentless because of how special his time at Miami was. If you have a second, go back and watch his introductory press conference. That was strictly emotions and pride.

Advertisement
I’m torn here. The easy answer is yes, except if the ramifications lead to Ohio St telling us “Oh yeah? You think you’re getting Lightfoot and Stewart H2H against us?”…then that’s not a trade I want to make. Obviously that’s a hypothetical, but Stewart is the one I really want. Ideally we win both, and that would validate JT as a savage recruiter.
It’s like playing a team in the regular season you know you are about to play again in the playoffs. Reality is you are only winning one of the two. I want to win both but of course the playoff game is more important.

And don't get me wrong @DMoney this is not a critique on you because you are a straight shooter and you pass along what you get directly from the source.

But Barney was 1000% in the bag. That was a shoe in. Whatever happened in the hours leading up to they took an L.

Now they feel "good" or that they are "in it" for lightfoot.

cool. So do 3-4 other teams. In closing time these things get decided. Preposterous bags are thrown. And at the end you have either

1. A team with an elite whale committed
2. A team with excuses talking about overpaying blah blah blah.

Every single upcoming battle

Breland, Scott, Stone, Mitchell, Lightfoot, Stewart, Trader, Mccray,

will have 2-3 teams upping up the ante. Are we willing to play that game with the big boys?

EDIT: Tommorow...
Lightfoot commita tommorow

Advertisement
I hate OSU so much it makes my bones hurt but
OSU straight stuffing mario in the locker
what is it now bonsu, smith, malone, is there anyone else I forgot
OSU just takes who they want from us
its not SEC thats our problems is Fing OSU
At least when it was even talent wise. Mario STUFFED DAY IN THE LOCKER. Without his best player in the horseshoe.

Mods should consider a preemptive thread closure. This place is already toxic enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back