Mario about to Lock Down the portal too (new hire)

We all agree the elite talent is concentrated at the top…adding extra playoff slots doesn’t solve that. Example of that are the blowouts in the semifinals games…the only ppl who want to add more in the spirit of “parity” are the ADs, University pres, espn etc who want a bigger revenue pot to go around. They want more money. You a 6, 8 or 12 team playoff your gunna get the same results. Blowouts and the program with the most talent winning. Personally 4 team playoff is enough if the soul concern is crowning a legitimate champion. Adding extra teams just adds more revenue. During the playoff era the best team has won. And most don’t importantly the best two teams have been represented

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’ve said it more than once that the playoff should expand to 6-8 teams. Personally I think 6 for the reason that, as we saw in the playoffs this year, there is a big talent drop off past the top couple of teams. Six is enough to get the cream of the crop, and the talent gap still may be too much but at least you have more variety in teams that have at least a chance to pull an upset or make a run

Not necessarily the ACC and a few others. I can't believe the stonewalling and downright politicking going on when those who need it most are refusing to play the game. I certainly agree that NILs and the magic portal are changing the dynamics and I guess only time tells that story as far as college football having more parity. But right now it feels like fans and coaches are getting overwhelmed by the law of unintended consequences.

Some college teams are obviously outright recruiting high school players through NIL. That's a stipulated no-no. Until cooler heads and smarter minds straighten this out with some universal bylaws, that we all can live with, it continues to be the biggest problem in the game.
That's rich coming from a Bama fan. A program where Dodge Challengers and high-end suits are part of the freshmen orientation program. At least with the advent of NIL legislation, programs no longer have to mask their indiscretions.

I have to say that it’s somewhat hypocritical for an Alabama fan to now advocate “universal bylaws“, or in other words laws/restrictions to what colleges can do, when your school/boosters have made cheating into an superior art form unmatched by anyone
There is a party that makes the cheating at Alabaga and the whole SEC seem like cheating at Uno.

I have to say that it’s somewhat hypocritical for an Alabama fan to now advocate “universal bylaws“, or in other words laws/restrictions to what colleges can do, when your school/boosters have made cheating into an superior art form unmatched by anyone
There is a party that makes the cheating at Alabaga and the whole SEC seem like cheating at Uno.

Advertisement
1644380261063.webp

I love how we can do from having a matter of the portal (Manny) and it only being 3(?) years old to us hiring someone to come and modernize the way we utilize it.

But yeah Mich St. did turn around quickly.

Edit: not gripping about Manny I wanted him fired in 2019 after GT. Just remarking on how quickly one can go out of date.

USC > Oklahoma and it's not close. Riley is going to pick and choose who he wants on the west coast. There's not going to be anything stopping him in the Pac12.

The fatigue is absolutely the predictability and the lack of interest in watching Alabama play Clemson or UGA, yet again... Plus, most of those teams are just boring. The most interesting thing that either Clemson or OSU ever did on the field was this
iu
Keep an eye out for Christian Wilkins in Wilton Manors Dolphins fans!

I have Bama fans in my circle simply b/c I have a lot of fam down South. What’s ur feel on the CFP expanding to 8 teams vs. the proposed 12 (which is stupid, imo)
My feelings are that expansion is going to happen. We are still going to get a ton of blowouts and there will be more fan interest because of it.

Will the magic portal and NILs create more super teams or at least create a leveler field at the top end? That's a real possibility and TAMU and Texas are loading up on talent as we speak. But Texas is Texas and they were doing that long before NILs. I think Cristobal was always going to recruit to Miami, it's what he does best and it's what the best coaches working for coach Saban learn to master first and foremost.

Advertisement
Not necessarily the ACC and a few others. I can't believe the stonewalling and downright politicking going on when those who need it most are refusing to play the game. I certainly agree that NILs and the magic portal are changing the dynamics and I guess only time tells that story as far as college football having more parity. But right now it feels like fans and coaches are getting overwhelmed by the law of unintended consequences.

Some college teams are obviously outright recruiting high school players through NIL. That's a stipulated no-no. Until cooler heads and smarter minds straighten this out with some universal bylaws, that we all can live with, it continues to be the biggest problem in the game.
I feel the need to add this - you're not wrong.

It's just that an Alabama fan pointing this out comes across as something akin to Mario Cuomo coming out as a major proponent of the "Me Too" movement while wearing a T-shirt that says "Don't put COVID+ patients in nursing homes".

I feel the need to add this - you're not wrong.

It's just that an Alabama fan pointing this out comes across as something akin to Mario Cuomo coming out as a major proponent of the "Me Too" movement while wearing a T-shirt that says "Don't put COVID+ patients in nursing homes".
Mostly that's because perception is a reality in this old tired world of doing business. It's an easy fix for fans who want to explain Bama's success other than on-the-field results. There's nothing new under the sun and Miami has more sunshine than most. Everyone knows which way the wind blew. And everyone certainly knows now as well and most power 5 teams have their own road map on how to take advantage of it. Nothing has changed.

The false narrative is to assume because coach Saban has spoken out about NILs he doesn't get the wind change or fears it. Show him a new system, any system of change, and he will draw college football a blueprint on how to take advantage of it.

That said, he's not wrong about unregulated NILs.

Mostly that's because perception is a reality in this old tired world of doing business. It's an easy fix for fans who want to explain Bama's success other than on-the-field results. There's nothing new under the sun and Miami has more sunshine than most. Everyone knows which way the wind blew. And everyone certainly knows now as well and most power 5 teams have their own road map on how to take advantage of it. Nothing has changed.

The false narrative is to assume because coach Saban has spoken out about NILs he doesn't get the wind change or fears it. Show him a new system, any system of change, and he will draw college football a blueprint on how to take advantage of it.

That said, he's not wrong about unregulated NILs.
I don't disagree with you on that. Saban will be taking full advantage in no time. He says jump, and the Alabama legislature and Governor say how high? Same for Mark Emmert. Bama has been paying players to come to their school for eons. Now it will just happen in a different way. The difference has been that Nobody looks when Baga does it, while schools like Ole Miss and Miami and SMU get crushed at the first sign of innuendo. To be fair, a good deal of that also has to do with competence/incompetence.

At the end of the day, though, no one wants to hear Baga, clem$on, o$u, etc, complain about money being used as a recruiting inducement.

I don't disagree with you on that. Saban will be taking full advantage in no time. He says jump, and the Alabama legislature and Governor say how high?
Coach Bryant once had George Wallace call to try and recruit black QB, Condredge Holloway, in the late 60s to personally let him know he was more than welcome at Alabama. Who else gets that done? The truth is that some states have more advantages with their NIL laws than others. It's common knowledge now that the State of Alabama will soon be revising their NIL law and get it more streamlined to compete with more of the Texas and TAMU's of the football world.

You are correct, full advantage is coming soon.

Advertisement
But,..but,..but,...
What's taking so long....?
Why did he hire.....?/I would've hired.....!
When r we gonna get a ....coach?
But,... he's never called plays before....
My soccer trainer guy said....
But,...what about the one game, 15 years ago...

I haven't been this happy since the false hope of the CMR hire,..Desperate times these last 20 yrs
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 @ my soccer trainer guy said. Too funny!!!

Coach Bryant once had George Wallace call to try and recruit black QB, Condredge Holloway, in the late 60s to personally let him know he was more than welcome at Alabama. Who else gets that done? The truth is that some states have more advantages with their NIL laws than others. It's common knowledge now that the State of Alabama will soon be revising their NIL law and get it more streamlined to compete with more of the Texas and TAMU's of the football world.

You are correct, full advantage is coming soon.

And once Alabama and others do that, other states will likely amend their laws to follow suit. Including hopefully Florida, we have a lot of stupid people in the state but we’ve got some smart ones also. Mario knows what Saban is up to.

The bottom line here is the advantage you used to have, to cheat and pay players at will with enormous amounts of money, is no longer the advantage that it used to be. You no longer have Emmert/NCAA looking the other way while you do whatever you want.

Other schools can now try to emulate.

We may not have a protector like you had with Emmert, but we finally got wise and realized we had to change with the changing marketplace of college football. Your days of totally dominating are hopefully over.

The bottom line here is the advantage you used to have, to cheat and pay players at will with enormous amounts of money, is no longer the advantage that it used to be. You no longer have Emmert/NCAA looking the other way while you do whatever you want.
Are you serious about this personal indictment? Miami should send Emmert Christmas cards for the rest of his life.

This is the Miami school that recently gave us Nevin Shapiro with no shortage of records, bills, and photos, and the total package is as damning as can be. The miracle was that during the investigation the NCAA broke as many bylaws as the guy they were investigating. Your NCs and football success in that golden period is forever linked to this stuff that was about as wild as anything ever heard.

Advertisement
Are you serious about this personal indictment? Miami should send Emmert Christmas cards for the rest of his life.

This is the Miami school that recently gave us Nevin Shapiro with no shortage of records, bills, and photos, and the total package is as damning as can be. The miracle was that during the investigation the NCAA broke as many bylaws as the guy they were investigating. Your NCs and football success in that golden period is forever linked to this stuff that was about as wild as anything ever heard.

False posting and lying by an Alabama fan. Not totally unexpected.

Your Nevin Shapiro argument qualifies you as totally ignorant. You are a complete moron and you have no idea what was going on. Literally Nevin Shapiro did one millionth of what Alabama does every year. You Alabama rednecks are all the same, dumb as fūck.

False posting and lying by an Alabama fan. Not totally unexpected.

Your Nevin Shapiro argument qualifies you as totally ignorant. You are a complete moron and you have no idea what was going on. Literally Nevin Shapiro did one millionth of what Alabama does every year. You Alabama rednecks are all the same, dumb as fūck.
"At a cost that Shapiro estimates in the millions of dollars, [Shapiro] said his benefits to athletes included but were not limited to: cash, prostitutes, entertainment in his multimillion-dollar homes and yacht, paid trips to high-end restaurants and nightclubs, jewelry, bounties for on-field play (including bounties for injuring opposing players), travel and on one occasion, an abortion."

"Shapiro’s $1.6 million yacht was also available to players on a regular basis for fishing trips, leisure trips, and lodging for the availability of prostitution. Like his home, Shapiro stocked the boat with food and drinks and paid for fuel and captain fees any time players would take the yacht out – a process that cost in excess of $2,000 per trip depending on gas prices and maintenance... Miami athletes were taking Shapiro’s boat out “twice a week” while the booster was incurring all of the costs."

"... Miami could have seized on countless incidents and ended [Shapiro's] flagrant assault on NCAA bylaws. Just a 20-minute drive northwest from campus, across one of the causeways, and into Miami Beach, Shapiro’s high-rolling routine with Hurricanes football players was on display on a daily basis. And according to Shapiro, all Miami needed to do was look."

"Let’s not kid ourselves. The whole time I was out there rocking and rolling, they were just waiting for the big check to come. And you know what? If I wasn’t sitting in jail right now, they probably would have gotten it, too."

Miami Football Scandal: Former Booster's Transgressions ...

"At a cost that Shapiro estimates in the millions of dollars, [Shapiro] said his benefits to athletes included but were not limited to: cash, prostitutes, entertainment in his multimillion-dollar homes and yacht, paid trips to high-end restaurants and nightclubs, jewelry, bounties for on-field play (including bounties for injuring opposing players), travel and on one occasion, an abortion."

"Shapiro’s $1.6 million yacht was also available to players on a regular basis for fishing trips, leisure trips, and lodging for the availability of prostitution. Like his home, Shapiro stocked the boat with food and drinks and paid for fuel and captain fees any time players would take the yacht out – a process that cost in excess of $2,000 per trip depending on gas prices and maintenance... Miami athletes were taking Shapiro’s boat out “twice a week” while the booster was incurring all of the costs."

"... Miami could have seized on countless incidents and ended [Shapiro's] flagrant assault on NCAA bylaws. Just a 20-minute drive northwest from campus, across one of the causeways, and into Miami Beach, Shapiro’s high-rolling routine with Hurricanes football players was on display on a daily basis. And according to Shapiro, all Miami needed to do was look."

"Let’s not kid ourselves. The whole time I was out there rocking and rolling, they were just waiting for the big check to come. And you know what? If I wasn’t sitting in jail right now, they probably would have gotten it, too."

Miami Football Scandal: Former Booster's Transgressions ...

You’re using Shapiro quotes. You are just doubling down on your stupidity now. Do you know anything about that guy?

Do you realize how ignorant you are coming across to any knowledgeable football fan, or anybody that has even a minimal working knowledge of what went on? Keep on spouting your lying bullshlt cracker boy. Don’t you have a Klan rally to attend?

Advertisement
Back