Mario about to Lock Down the portal too (new hire)

Cowherd went on his show today & said he wants Mario to come on tomorrow if he’s up to it. He had Lincoln on today, but he said “I know we’re in SB Week, but I just love what Miami & USC r doing. I’m so giddy.”
**** Cowherd, but that's awesome. I'm with him 100%. What a more interesting world it can be with UM and USC perennially in the CFP instead of some of these other tired repeats...

Advertisement
Part of the fatigue isn't just team names but talent. If fans perceive it's a mismatch, talent-wise, they might lose interest quicker. USC will no doubt be better, but expecting Riley to be something at USC he wasn't at Oklahoma is a stretch.

It's hard to believe that a lot of playoff fatigue isn't because of the 4 team format. Unless you are a fan of one of those teams you are going to be a lot less invested than otherwise.
USC > Oklahoma and it's not close. Riley is going to pick and choose who he wants on the west coast. There's not going to be anything stopping him in the Pac12.

The fatigue is absolutely the predictability and the lack of interest in watching Alabama play Clemson or UGA, yet again... Plus, most of those teams are just boring. The most interesting thing that either Clemson or OSU ever did on the field was this
iu

They’re on Keidron Smith and Sevyn Banks

Surprised they didn’t get smith prior to final enrollment. Makes me think he wants to look around

Jay, don't want to put any pressure on you, but if you could opine (at some point in the future) as to which UM portal "misses" might actually NOT be enrolling until May/June, that would be nice. Curious to see if certain guys might "still" be available, in a technical sense.

We have not played USC since the 1960s, and not in my lifetime. This is a bucket-list game for me.
Can you imagine playing USC for the national championship in the Rose Bowl? Goosebumps.

If there was a way to buy the rights to buy face value tickets in that game if it ever happens, I'd shell out right now. Went to the Nebraska game and that place is magic.

Advertisement
Can you imagine playing USC for the national championship in the Rose Bowl? Goosebumps.

If there was a way to buy the rights to buy face value tickets in that game if it ever happens, I'd shell out right now. Went to the Nebraska game and that place is magic.
Speaking of Miami and USC, if we're not already, Rad should be on the horn with them about a three game series, all as season openers. Play the first one at Jerry World, and then a home-and-home. I don't know what our future schedules look like, but every other year starting in 2025 would be pretty epic.

Advertisement
**** Cowherd, but that's awesome. I'm with him 100%. What a more interesting world it can be with UM and USC perennially in the CFP instead of some of these other tired repeats...
Hey now, we were referred to as tired repeats 20 years ago.

…..That's a stipulated no-no. Until cooler heads and smarter minds straighten this out with some universal bylaws, that we all can live with, it continues to be the biggest problem in the game.

I really appreciate you leaving this post and your views.

I have to say that it’s somewhat hypocritical for an Alabama fan to now advocate “universal bylaws“, or in other words laws/restrictions to what colleges can do, when your school/boosters have made cheating into an superior art form unmatched by anyone except a small handful, like maybe Georgia to some extent and LSU, and one or two more schools.

So now that the field is somewhat being made more level, you want rules to limit what a school can do, when you haven’t followed player payment rules to begin with?

Not to take any thing away from your historically superior coach, or the incredible infrastructure and program that you have built with a seemingly bottomless supply of funds, more power to you, but now we can do the same without worrying about getting dinged.

Prior to this year, Alabama had a full panoply of methods to pay players, and an acquiescent Emmert/NCAA that looked the other way for over a decade.

No, no thanks, we don’t want your bylaws, that you’re going to break anyway, while making sure that it is enforced for schools like ours.

Advertisement
Part of the fatigue isn't just team names but talent. If fans perceive it's a mismatch, talent-wise, they might lose interest quicker. USC will no doubt be better, but expecting Riley to be something at USC he wasn't at Oklahoma is a stretch.

It's hard to believe that a lot of playoff fatigue isn't because of the 4 team format. Unless you are a fan of one of those teams you are going to be a lot less invested than otherwise.

I have Bama fans in my circle simply b/c I have a lot of fam down South. What’s ur feel on the CFP expanding to 8 teams vs. the proposed 12 (which is stupid, imo)

Not necessarily the ACC and a few others. I can't believe the stonewalling and downright politicking going on when those who need it most are refusing to play the game. I certainly agree that NILs and the magic portal are changing the dynamics and I guess only time tells that story as far as college football having more parity. But right now it feels like fans and coaches are getting overwhelmed by the law of unintended consequences.

Some college teams are obviously outright recruiting high school players through NIL. That's a stipulated no-no. Until cooler heads and smarter minds straighten this out with some universal bylaws, that we all can live with, it continues to be the biggest problem in the game.
Oh dear. Baga fan says that teams are using money to induce HS athletes to play for their school???

iu

iu

El.

Ohhhh.

Elllllllllll.

Advertisement

Would rather it be in Orange Bowl

Would rather it be in Orange Bowl
How about we do it in Rose one year and run it back at HRS the next?

I agree with you on the one hand, but to be honest, playing the game somewhere special that we rarely play just adds another level.

I really appreciate you leaving this post and your views.

I have to say that it’s somewhat hypocritical for an Alabama fan to now advocate “universal bylaws“, or in other words laws/restrictions to what colleges can do, when your school/boosters have made cheating into an superior art form unmatched by anyone except a small handful, like maybe Georgia to some extent and LSU, and one or two more schools.

So now that the field is somewhat being made more level, you want rules to limit what a school can do, when you haven’t followed player payment rules to begin with?

Not to take any thing away from your historically superior coach, or the incredible infrastructure and program that you have built with a seemingly bottomless supply of funds, more power to you, but now we can do the same without worrying about getting dinged.

Prior to this year, Alabama had a full panoply of methods to pay players, and an acquiescent Emmert/NCAA that looked the other way for over a decade.

No, no thanks, we don’t want your bylaws, that you’re going to break anyway, while making sure that it is enforced for schools like ours.
What make ppl think NIL and what’s happening is leveling ain’t type playing field. The top talent is going to the same places. Both HS and transfer portal. Saban was the first to come out and speak against the 1 time transfer rule/NIL because he understood the same schools will have even more of a advantage..proof what we see happening at the top now…if it makes sense we just dismiss it because who is giving the message. IE how ppl thought Saban was only speaking up because he feared a “equal playing field” with NIL and the transfer rule. This **** needs to be regulated

Advertisement
Back