Mario about to Lock Down the portal too (new hire)

Advertisement
The end result was that players got dinner and boat rides. The NCAA showed themselves to be corrupt and biased and left the whole situation looking worse than Miami.

I'm ignoring the calls for your banishment, but you will have to take your nonsense to another thread where I hope you'll use a little more common sense.
My opinion carries no more weight than anyone else’s, but if it was up to me, I would not banish the Bammer. It’s important for us to realize exactly how these people think, and the shallowness and lack of introspection in the way they view the college football world.

My opinion carries no more weight than anyone else’s, but if it was up to me, I would not banish the Bammer. It’s important for us to realize exactly how these people think, and the shallowness and lack of introspection in the way they view the college football world.
But it pushes away posters who get riled over it.

Personally, I have no problem at all going back and forth.

Are you serious about this personal indictment? Miami should send Emmert Christmas cards for the rest of his life.

This is the Miami school that recently gave us Nevin Shapiro with no shortage of records, bills, and photos, and the total package is as damning as can be. The miracle was that during the investigation the NCAA broke as many bylaws as the guy they were investigating. Your NCs and football success in that golden period is forever linked to this stuff that was about as wild as anything ever heard.
Pot calling the kettle black if I’ve ever seen it.

Advertisement
But it pushes away posters who get riled over it.

Personally, I have no problem at all going back and forth.

And I totally get that, but his argument is so incredibly shallow and honestly ignorant, it’s incredibly easy to refute.

So, this is my opinion only, he’s such an unworthy adversary that no one should really get upset. But that’s just my opinion only.

I like it when the cleansing disinfectant of truth and sunshine exposes ignorance.

1645136153830.webp

Advertisement
Are you serious about this personal indictment? Miami should send Emmert Christmas cards for the rest of his life.

This is the Miami school that recently gave us Nevin Shapiro with no shortage of records, bills, and photos, and the total package is as damning as can be. The miracle was that during the investigation the NCAA broke as many bylaws as the guy they were investigating. Your NCs and football success in that golden period is forever linked to this stuff that was about as wild as anything ever heard.

Feel free to tell me more about this.

First, you (falsely) claim that there was "no shortage of records, bills, and photos", and that the "total package is as damning as can be". You then seem to imply that Miami only escaped on a technicality. But the reality is, while the NCAA may be a collection of incompetent *****, the IRS simply is not. I'm sure that since there was "no shortage of records, bills, and photos", that the IRS had ample evidence to audit and convict over 100 Miami athletes for tax fraud, since I'm sure that nobody reported all this largesse on their income tax returns? Right? Right? Because the IRS would not be limited by "broken NCAA bylaws", right?

Oh, yeah, you're full of crap on that one. This "damning package" of "records, bills, and photos" has been shown to be just as fraudulent as Nevin Shapiro's Ponzi scheme itself. Just a bunch of credit card statements showing expenditures, of which none were documented contemporaneously, and only a few of which were ever linked to UM players.

Second, you (falsely) claim that our "NCs and football success in that golden period" (no idea what you are referring to here, but if you check the dates, you will see that all of Nevin Shapiro's allegations involved time periods when Miami football was busy LOSING games, not winning championships) "is forever linked to this stuff that was about as wild as anything ever heard". Oh really? How so? Did the "$100 hard-hit bounties" approximate the $100K in cash that fell out of a FedEx package addressed to a certain SEC recruit back in the day?

And since you want to (falsely) claim that Miami's wins and championships were "forever linked" to NCAA violations, perhaps you would like to tell us how many wins that Miami had to forfeit between 1983 and 2001? How many championships (conference or national) did Miami have to forfeit? I mean, surely the NCAA would not hammer us for our horrible crimes without invalidating our wins, right? After all, Bobby Bowden had wins taken away. Right?

You played yourself.

Feel free to tell me more about this.

First, you (falsely) claim that there was "no shortage of records, bills, and photos", and that the "total package is as damning as can be". You then seem to imply that Miami only escaped on a technicality. But the reality is, while the NCAA may be a collection of incompetent *****, the IRS simply is not. I'm sure that since there was "no shortage of records, bills, and photos", that the IRS had ample evidence to audit and convict over 100 Miami athletes for tax fraud, since I'm sure that nobody reported all this largesse on their income tax returns? Right? Right? Because the IRS would not be limited by "broken NCAA bylaws", right?

Oh, yeah, you're full of crap on that one. This "damning package" of "records, bills, and photos" has been shown to be just as fraudulent as Nevin Shapiro's Ponzi scheme itself. Just a bunch of credit card statements showing expenditures, of which none were documented contemporaneously, and only a few of which were ever linked to UM players.

Second, you (falsely) claim that our "NCs and football success in that golden period" (no idea what you are referring to here, but if you check the dates, you will see that all of Nevin Shapiro's allegations involved time periods when Miami football was busy LOSING games, not winning championships) "is forever linked to this stuff that was about as wild as anything ever heard". Oh really? How so? Did the "$100 hard-hit bounties" approximate the $100K in cash that fell out of a FedEx package addressed to a certain SEC recruit back in the day?

And since you want to (falsely) claim that Miami's wins and championships were "forever linked" to NCAA violations, perhaps you would like to tell us how many wins that Miami had to forfeit between 1983 and 2001? How many championships (conference or national) did Miami have to forfeit? I mean, surely the NCAA would not hammer us for our horrible crimes without invalidating our wins, right? After all, Bobby Bowden had wins taken away. Right?

You played yourself.
Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

USC > Oklahoma and it's not close. Riley is going to pick and choose who he wants on the west coast. There's not going to be anything stopping him in the Pac12.

The fatigue is absolutely the predictability and the lack of interest in watching Alabama play Clemson or UGA, yet again... Plus, most of those teams are just boring. The most interesting thing that either Clemson or OSU ever did on the field was this
iu
Unfortunately, I think we're looking at boring teams from here on out. What saban has done is bring "process" to football, and from now on, all the really good teams are going to be really good because they do the same. The teams will look the same, they'll act and perform the same. They will be robotic in execution, because in the long run that beats out flashy individual-driven football. Maybe Miami guys will dance in the endzone, maybe not. But if we're going to to be great in the modern era, we too will need to robotically dismantle our opponents in a controlled, boring-*** way.

Advertisement
I understand the excitement but as I recall Manny Diaz got some top talent from the portal and if I remember correctly was one of the first to really utilize it effectively. The portal talent scouting has become an equalizer for the teams that effectively use it and a detriment to those who don't. Great move, important decision and it will pay dividends. Kudos to Mario for this hire and thanks to Manny for his awareness early on.

Unfortunately, I think we're looking at boring teams from here on out. What saban has done is bring "process" to football, and from now on, all the really good teams are going to be really good because they do the same. The teams will look the same, they'll act and perform the same. They will be robotic in execution, because in the long run that beats out flashy individual-driven football. Maybe Miami guys will dance in the endzone, maybe not. But if we're going to to be great in the modern era, we too will need to robotically dismantle our opponents in a controlled, boring-*** way.
Hate to admit it/acknowledge/accept it, but you are probably right.

I understand the excitement but as I recall Manny Diaz got some top talent from the portal and if I remember correctly was one of the first to really utilize it effectively. The portal talent scouting has become an equalizer for the teams that effectively use it and a detriment to those who don't. Great move, important decision and it will pay dividends. Kudos to Mario for this hire and thanks to Manny for his awareness early on.
Good post actually

Advertisement
fuck off daniel day lewis GIF by Phantom Thread

committing Friday. Looks like UK. @JayCane20 any insight why we went Porter over Smith?

I’m not Jay, but I would surmise they passed on Keidron because he wasn’t really a fit as to what they were looking for.

He’s more of a Hybrid S/CB, he plays the same spot as Frierson, plus I think they plan on using Al Jr in a similar role.

Coach Addae has history with Daryl Porter Jr, he recruited & signed him to West VA, plus DP2 is more of a pure Corner than Smith, so it makes sense why he went with his guy.

I’m not Jay, but I would surmise they passed on Keidron because he wasn’t really a fit as to what they were looking for.

He’s more of a Hybrid S/CB, he plays the same spot as Frierson, plus I think they plan on using Al Jr in a similar role.

Coach Addae has history with Daryl Porter Jr, he recruited & signed him to West VA, plus DP2 is more of a pure Corner than Smith, so it makes sense why he went with his guy.
thank you for the breakdown brother!

Advertisement
Back