MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
RB is absolutely a position of need this year. We signed ONE last year in Homer. We'll sign ONE again this year (Burns) who may or may not ever be healthy. Gus and Gray are either out the door or so far in the doghouse that it doesn't matter. Yearby is gone.

Ultimately the blame falls on the coaching staff, but I have a hard time beating them up too badly for this one - kid was apparently SOLID to UM until the week before NSD.

Come on down Jordan Cronkrite?

He can't play this year. Would be useless.

Run with
Walton
Homer
Gray
Burns

Take 2 in the next class(1 if it's lingard)

With that lineup we would probably need three next class. Usually teams have at least 5 scholarship RBs. If Walton goes pro and Gray graduates we would need three to get to 5.

No way we can only take one no matter how talented the kid is.

Yeah the Cronkrite thing was just a joke, but in all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised if we added a late post-NSD RB to the roster as a stop-gap for depth. Maybe Deejay starts off at RB in the spring lol...

Advertisement
Yeah the Cronkrite thing was just a joke, but in all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised if we added a late post-NSD RB to the roster as a stop-gap for depth. Maybe Deejay starts off at RB in the spring lol...

DJ will be our Myles Jack!

[TWEET]824983124903800832[/TWEET]

Brown just liked this. Poor guy put in work for years and gets a middle finger four days before NSD.

pocket-aces-cracked.jpg

+Rep

What an epic failure by Brown

again what the **** did u want him to do? he visited the kid as scheduled, he was on the kid for years, and the kid was committing to us on wednesday morning per his dad. he did everything he could except sign the LOI for him. if the family tries to push you towards the local team, it is what it is.
Derp. Maybe have more than one **** target at RB?

Advertisement
RB is absolutely a position of need this year. We signed ONE last year in Homer. We'll sign ONE again this year (Burns) who may or may not ever be healthy. Gus and Gray are either out the door or so far in the doghouse that it doesn't matter. Yearby is gone.

Ultimately the blame falls on the coaching staff, but I have a hard time beating them up too badly for this one - kid was apparently SOLID to UM until the week before NSD.

Come on down Jordan Cronkrite?

He can't play this year. Would be useless.

Run with
Walton
Homer
Gray
Burns

Take 2 in the next class(1 if it's lingard)

We need 2 regardless of whether Lingard's one of the two or not. We're already going to be 1RB short this season and we're losing Walton after next season.

You shook?

Laughing to keep from crying?

Advertisement
What a bunch of CRYBABIES on this board. MOVE ON, one kid does not make a program and this is NOT an epic failure by the staff.

Advertisement
This is part of life's lessons. You never put all of your eggs in one basket. I am really surprised at our staff's inability to see this in a world where many peoples' word does not mean a **** thing anymore. How many players' flip continuously? It's a F*****g game! Successful Programs recruit several players at positions, and eventually drop off the overflow ones in the end. This is the way it has to be and is based in the reality of today's world. These are veteran coaches that should not be making this type of stupid mistake. Look at Alabama, they don't even through the ball and are recruiting 3 4*/5* WR's. They will more than likely pick 2 and the other will have to walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back