MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'll just say I'll take the OL over the RB. Let Herbert open up a path for our boys.

Damnit.

Overall I agree. This is gonna be a terrific class if the rest of the close is anything like it is projected to be. Losing McFarland is worth some moping, but overall we are doing just fine.

Advertisement
Advertisement
same dudes crying now, are the same dudes who cried about us losing scarlett & cronkite when we had Walton.

Everybody stay classy, and dont wish this kid catches every STD possible at maryland

Advertisement
What an epic failure by Brown

again what the **** did u want him to do? he visited the kid as scheduled, he was on the kid for years, and the kid was committing to us on wednesday morning per his dad. he did everything he could except sign the LOI for him. if the family tries to push you towards the local team, it is what it is.

RB is absolutely a position of need this year. We signed ONE last year in Homer. We'll sign ONE again this year (Burns) who may or may not ever be healthy. Gus and Gray are either out the door or so far in the doghouse that it doesn't matter. Yearby is gone.

Ultimately the blame falls on the coaching staff, but I have a hard time beating them up too badly for this one - kid was apparently SOLID to UM until the week before NSD.

Come on down Jordan Cronkrite?

I know. We should start recruiting him hard so we can lock him up early.

Reminds me of Stefan Diggs. We were in it for him too. But for whatever reason he went to Maryland. Kid still made the league. Sucks that the kid bailed, but I kind of respect him for sticking with his home team. Something a LOT of sofla kids could learn from. We will be ok at RB this year. And honestly I think it helps of next year. There are some good ones in Sofla and there will be plenty of opportunity to sell these kids. Did Choc leave? Because he might be in a place to finally see some legit carries, especially if an injury happens... Walton has been very durable though..

Advertisement
Just got word he gone

Writing has been on the wall. The question now is do we offer someone late, look at transfers or just wait till next year? Depth at RB is scary thin.

"Writing has been on the wall" doesn't really work here. This was out of nowhere.

It did seem he was a lock but since Tuesday and the reports that were coming out that none of us wanted to believe, it seemed something was up. I thought he was still going to be a Cane but something was fishy ever since the Maryland coaches met him. The question is now what do we do at RB?

very discouraging, fsu goes in to Mississippi and pries away a 5 star rb akers away from ole **** and the rest of the sec and we cant take this blue chip away from bottom feeding maryland. smh

Advertisement
Pete is gus edwards still 100% gone? Can only imagine the staff can beg him to stay now since he will be probably getting a lot of snaps at least as a backup

well thankfully its a not a need position. were still closing with potentially thomas, dean, henderson, harley, edwards, smith. thats a **** of a finish

It is a need position. In fact, this is very concerning.

no it isn't a need position going into THIS season. we have a starter cemented with a backup who stood out on ST last year. we do need to close on this position next year with Linguard though

Can't believe this is even being debated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back