MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
very discouraging, fsu goes in to Mississippi and pries away a 5 star rb akers away from ole **** and the rest of the sec and we cant take this blue chip away from bottom feeding maryland. smh

You're completely right. We're just not there yet at the FSU-Bama-OSU level of recruiting. Hopefully Rick can get us there.

If we finish with Harley , Thomas , Edwards, Henderson ,Dean ,and possibly D Smith , this class will
Be outstanding. We have a stud RB in Walton , Homer has a load of potential , Gray and Burns can be viable 3rd and 4th backs if healthy. We came into this class needing OL (got em), WR (looks like possibly amazing class), DBs ( could be A+ if chips fall right), and playmakers with speed was a huge priority , which looks like it will be addressed plenty. If Burns can get healthy , the kid has the size and speed to be **** good. We still have great momentum, can't let a RB from Maryland derail the train fellas.

Advertisement
RB is absolutely a position of need this year. We signed ONE last year in Homer. We'll sign ONE again this year (Burns) who may or may not ever be healthy. Gus and Gray are either out the door or so far in the doghouse that it doesn't matter. Yearby is gone.

Ultimately the blame falls on the coaching staff, but I have a hard time beating them up too badly for this one - kid was apparently SOLID to UM until the week before NSD.

Come on down Jordan Cronkrite?

Cronkite is trash no thanks

RB is absolutely a position of need this year. We signed ONE last year in Homer. We'll sign ONE again this year (Burns) who may or may not ever be healthy. Gus and Gray are either out the door or so far in the doghouse that it doesn't matter. Yearby is gone.

Ultimately the blame falls on the coaching staff, but I have a hard time beating them up too badly for this one - kid was apparently SOLID to UM until the week before NSD.

He can't play this year. Would be useless.

Run with
Walton
Homer
Gray
Burns

Take 2 in the next class(1 if it's lingard)

same dudes crying now, are the same dudes who cried about us losing scarlett & cronkite when we had Walton.

Walton was the top runningback in his class before he reranked and then was also ranked above the others on every evaluation site. People was dumb to say he wasnt the best back regardless

But FSU got the top 2 running backs argueably in the country. Two 5 stars in the same class.

thats what ive been trying to say.

Advertisement
everyone place their bets now so we can bump this thread in a couple years.

i got $100 on whether its burns, another back we pick up last min for 2017, or a 2018 kid, they outperform mcfarland and we never even feel this loss in any way whatsoever.

come & get it all you shook posters.

This.

McFartland is gonna average 5 carries for .1 yards a game for the next 4 years of his life and he's going to fail miserably in the CFL before realizing what **** guidance his "mentors" gave him

Our backs are going to be studs behind the maulers we're going to have on our line and thomas brown should give a quick shoutout to the state of Maryland once we win #6

If you ain't with us, you against us fvck em

same dudes crying now, are the same dudes who cried about us losing scarlett & cronkite when we had Walton.

This is a depth issue. We have 2 scholarship RBs who have not had a serious injury

take my bet then:

everyone place their bets now so we can bump this thread in a couple years.

i got $100 on whether its burns, another back we pick up last min for 2017, or a 2018 kid, they outperform mcfarland and we never even feel this loss in any way whatsoever.

come & get it all you shook posters.

pocket-aces-cracked.jpg

Advertisement

He can't play this year. Would be useless.

Run with
Walton
Homer
Gray
Burns

Take 2 in the next class(1 if it's lingard)

He's useless in general

This is part of life's lessons. You never put all of your eggs in one basket. I am really surprised at our staff's inability to see this in a world where many peoples' word does not mean a **** thing anymore. How many players' flip continuously? It's a F*****g game! Successful Programs recruit several players at positions, and eventually drop off the overflow ones in the end. This is the way it has to be and is based in the reality of today's world. These are veteran coaches that should not be making this type of stupid mistake. Look at Alabama, they don't even through the ball and are recruiting 3 4*/5* WR's. They will ore than like pick 2 and the other will have to walk.

Advertisement
Poorly handled by the kid, but I can't hate on a kid staying home.

Such a ridiculous assessment of this situation. For one, yhere's a difference between a kid staying home and playing for a school like Miami, or USC, or Texas, or Georgia etc. that are big name programs with storied traditions and actual potential to win big games. Maryland is a bottom dwelling basketball school. Secondly, it'd be one thing if this kid was torn for months and just chose Maryland. He's been committed to our staff for months. We haven't recruited other backs because this punk kid and his punk father gave Brown and Richt their word. It's classless on their part. And now, our coaches who have spent 2 years forming a bond with Mcfarland, who were assured he was coming to play with us, get left in the dark for who knows what reason.

ebb and flow of recruiting.... sky high the last couple of days...now a little down today ..hopefully someone will go our way soon and the momentum continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back