MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, dont tweet the kid. dudes only 18 y.o facing tremendous pressure.

wouldnt shock me if we hear later on he wanted miami

Soft. I'm ok with not tweeting the recruit. But I don't want to hear he just a little boy with a tough decision. When you are a high profile recruit getting all the glory and your dad takes to recruiting sites to discuss you, you have to take the bad with the good. I know it's a born again concept here in America, but you don't always get the good with the good and get to leave the bad for someone else.

Advertisement
This is why I hate recruiting

Like someone said, Herbert commitment thread barely even getting 10 pages and this one keeps going and going. You forget the big fish the staff has landed. It sucks but we will pick up a late commitment or a grad transfer.

i dont want them to just settle for a back unless its a 1 year grad transfer. MUCH better backs next year that we need to close on.

Regardless don't go bashing the kid on twitter for recruits to see 5 days before NSD if he does pick maryland. It is what is. We hate it but it's bad look. Uf fans just did that with blades and multiple recruits were taken note of that

agree with this but fully expect the bashers to come out in full force.

The bashers absolutely should come out in force, I hope they do. This kid strung along our staff for months and we ended up not recruiting another RB because of his assurance to us that he would come here. If he doesn't it's an absolute low move by this kid.

This 100%

crazy, i mean richt has played the game before so you know he would have a backup plan in any other case. the assurance from mcfarland coming here must have been 100% coming into this week for someone like Richt (who isn't in his first rodeo) to not have a backup plan

Advertisement
yea, dont tweet the kid. dudes only 18 y.o facing tremendous pressure.

wouldnt shock me if we hear later on he wanted miami

People encouraging people to Tweet this kid or those who actually do it > :hammering_head::schuss::diaf-mark:

Advertisement
Enjoy your cash and Ls, kid. Lmao @ anyone who doesn't think money was involved here. Whatever, bring in a JUCO RB, avoid injuries to Walton, and sign Lingard next year and we'll be fine.

His daddy is Booger McFarland. They don't need the cash.

Like someone said, Herbert commitment thread barely even getting 10 pages and this one keeps going and going. You forget the big fish the staff has landed. It sucks but we will pick up a late commitment or a grad transfer.

i dont want them to just settle for a back unless its a 1 year grad transfer. MUCH better backs next year that we need to close on.

Grad transfer makes the most sense. We needs three solid backs on the roster in 2017. Burns has to prove himself, and nobody knows on Choc. Had he developed, or if Burns didn't have his injury history, this is less of an acute issue, and more about long term numbers at the position. By bringing in a grad transfer we still have the slots to target several elite backs in the 2018 class.

Advertisement
yea once Wiltfong flipped his prediction to maryland everyone else follow suit.

Now their accuracy rating - does that take into account that they've all changed their prediction at the last moment? So the fact they've all had him pegged for Miami for months means nothing if he chooses Maryland after they've made the switch?

Seems like a ****** system if so.

Advertisement
Tracy Howard was all UF until the 11th hour because he realized he wanted to play for the hometown. Look it sucks to lose a kid like this when you expected him all along but Richt is a vet you got to have a backup plan just in case no matter how slim you think the chances are the kid flips. Dudes cry on here all the time about there is no loyalty to Miami from these SOFL kids. Does it make sense to us for him to go to Maryland over Miami? Heck no! and to most ppl it doesn't. But I cant blame the kid who wants to put on where he is from.

People hate recruiting because they allow themselves to get swept up in it and believe all the hype and negative they hear. Pete can tell some of you that Aaron Rodgers will be the QB next year and when he isn't you'll curse the coaches and the school, you'll claim he isn't good, you'll say we should have locked down the Miami born quarterback, you'll say we didn't offer him first and create all kinds of bull**** scenarios. Others will then run in and defend the ridiculous click bait prediction saying his sauce had bad information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back