MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I'm always suspicious of the "silent commit". I get kids want their moment to announce, but at the same time if you're going to commit then commit. Not hating on McFarland. He needs to do what's best for him. ****, I wish more S. FL kids had his mentality and stayed home. Wish him the best. But never count on a commitment until they sign, especially a "silent commit".

Advertisement
brutal lost. absolutely brutal.

man i thought he was one of our most committed prospect.

recruiting mane.

You never trust the silent commit man, always have the backup for those guys.

i was still optimistic on this until yesterday now i am accepting it. he is gone. hopefully burns can stay healthy. then we should be ok with what we have. gus decision not looking good right now.

Gus may stay after all after this sh1tshow.

Regardless don't go bashing the kid on twitter for recruits to see 5 days before NSD if he does pick maryland. It is what is. We hate it but it's bad look. Uf fans just did that with blades and multiple recruits were taken note of that

agree with this but fully expect the bashers to come out in full force.

recruiting mane.

You never trust the silent commit man, always have the backup for those guys.

i was still optimistic on this until yesterday now i am accepting it. he is gone. hopefully burns can stay healthy. then we should be ok with what we have. gus decision not looking good right now.

It's all good, Brown has been following Dye and Truitt for a bit now, those guys were the backups. We'll probably make a Hail Mary offer to Davis and if he doesn't get on the train we will pick up one of those graduate transfers.

Advertisement
well thankfully its a not a need position. were still closing with potentially thomas, dean, henderson, harley, edwards, smith. thats a **** of a finish

It is a need position. In fact, this is very concerning.

Advertisement
247 Director of recruiting

Top247 running back Anthony McFarland Jr. has been as close as you can be to a public Miami commit as one can be since his official visit to Coral Gables in mid-October.

But the local Terrapins kept chipping away.

And away.

And away.

And going into Friday’s decision a source close to the DeMatha program tells 247Sports in a “last-minute flip” McFarland will choose Maryland.

With that I flipped my 247Sports Crystal Ball to Maryland.

McFarland was back on campus Thursday. Spent a lot of time with the strength coach and obviously he has a lot of great relationships in the locker room, with the staff and players.

Advertisement
Why I'm always suspicious of the "silent commit". I get kids want their moment to announce, but at the same time if you're going to commit then commit. Not hating on McFarland. He needs to do what's best for him. ****, I wish more S. FL kids had his mentality and stayed home. Wish him the best. But never count on a commitment until they sign, especially a "silent commit".

Especially from a kid from out of the area. Too many things that can pull them away.

recruiting mane.

its a loss NOT a brutal loss. its the one position we didnt need to worry bout going into next year. WR DBs OL were the weakest spots and were looking like were going to close fine.

Advertisement
AJ Davis is visiting USF this weekend, we have already offered him, we really should go Hail Mary on him and maybe it works. Kid is very talented. Although losing AMAC does hurt, I agree it's not a huge loss on the field this season. We have one of the best backs in the county in Walton, and the reviews on Homer in practice have been that the kid is very good . Hopefully Choc and Burns can get healthy, if Burns played this past season the kid would be 10-15 spots higher for sure. Kid has the size and speed to be a monster here.

As long as Walton stays healthy we are OK. Not sitting pretty, but OK. But we are one injury from being is a heck of a hole at a position we should never struggle at.

dont sleep on homer.

I like Homer, but he's unproven, and you need more than one really good back.

hes FAR more proven than Mac currently since hes played in a college system for a year. he was a stud on ST and thankfully walton is back next year. we have to focus and do what we can to lock down the more elite prospect, Linguard.

Big loss if he goes there but it won't stop this train.....our foothold in sfla next year will turn this **** around quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back