MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This whole situation is hilarious! With all the positive momentum Miami has going right now, his decision is out of left field.

well thankfully its a not a need position. were still closing with potentially thomas, dean, henderson, harley, edwards, smith. thats a **** of a finish

It is a need position. In fact, this is very concerning.

no it isn't a need position going into THIS season. we have a starter cemented with a backup who stood out on ST last year. we do need to close on this position next year with Linguard though

The frustrating part of this for me won't be not getting McFarland, it will be that he has the loyalty to his home team, Maryland, that our locals don't have for us, Miami. Maryland.

AJ Davis is visiting USF this weekend, we have already offered him, we really should go Hail Mary on him and maybe it works. Kid is very talented. Although losing AMAC does hurt, I agree it's not a huge loss on the field this season. We have one of the best backs in the county in Walton, and the reviews on Homer in practice have been that the kid is very good . Hopefully Choc and Burns can get healthy, if Burns played this past season the kid would be 10-15 spots higher for sure. Kid has the size and speed to be a monster here.

Choc?

Advertisement
I was always told a man is only as good as his word. If your words mean nothing than you mean nothing. I'm pretty sure Mac will need Brown again. You don't turn your back on a man who had yours and never stop recruiting you regardless of injury or not.

Enjoy your cash and Ls, kid. Lmao @ anyone who doesn't think money was involved here. Whatever, bring in a JUCO RB, avoid injuries to Walton, and sign Lingard next year and we'll be fine.

some of yall are a bit to confident with Lingard..

His handler and his own Twitter basically said offer my cousin for me and I'll come later.

Definitely sounds like like a solid plan.

hahahahaha

Advertisement
The frustrating part of this for me won't be not getting McFarland, it will be that he has the loyalty to his home team, Maryland, that our locals don't have for us, Miami. Maryland.

normally yes but based on what we know for the remaining targets, id say locally those guys stayed home as well.

normally yes but based on what we know for the remaining targets, id say locally those guys stayed home as well.

I am a I'll believe it when I see it person. Also......UF is a certified dumpster fire right now.....is it loyalty or a business decision......I'll taken them either way......but there is a difference

Regardless don't go bashing the kid on twitter for recruits to see 5 days before NSD if he does pick maryland. It is what is. We hate it but it's bad look. Uf fans just did that with blades and multiple recruits were taken note of that

agree with this but fully expect the bashers to come out in full force.

The bashers absolutely should come out in force, I hope they do. This kid strung along our staff for months and we ended up not recruiting another RB because of his assurance to us that he would come here. If he doesn't it's an absolute low move by this kid.

This 100%

Advertisement
Regardless don't go bashing the kid on twitter for recruits to see 5 days before NSD if he does pick maryland. It is what is. We hate it but it's bad look. Uf fans just did that with blades and multiple recruits were taken note of that

The bashers absolutely should come out in force, I hope they do. This kid strung along our staff for months and we ended up not recruiting another RB because of his assurance to us that he would come here. If he doesn't it's an absolute low move by this kid.
You're an idiot. If you think bashing a kid over not coming to your team is ok then you need to reassess your life.

yea, dont tweet the kid. dudes only 18 y.o facing tremendous pressure.

wouldnt shock me if we hear later on he wanted miami

Advertisement
This is why I hate recruiting

Like someone said, Herbert commitment thread barely even getting 10 pages and this one keeps going and going. You forget the big fish the staff has landed. It sucks but we will pick up a late commitment or a grad transfer.

You're an idiot. If you think bashing a kid over not coming to your team is ok then you need to reassess your life.

I wouldn't waste my energy tweeting at the kid, but he deserves to get ripped. What he's about to pull is a classless, piece of **** move, by him and his father. He gave his word to Miami for months, nothing changed on our end. To pull this a week before signing day is the definition of a punk move. Kid has a loser mentality and like most kids who do what he's about to do (see Wes Brown), he'll never be heard from on a national level again.

yikes.

Capture.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back