MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds OP of Schnellenerger's attempt to keep local guys here in the early 80's. OP was likely born in 2002.

No offense, CIS, but leave the big boy stuff like McFarland to Ariz. Not sure how much insight a 14 year old HS kid in Miami would have in the city of Maryland.

The young fella does nice local write ups. This is too much too soon for him though.

You are insufferable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Have U guys not seen what Walton can do in space. I mean that TD against FSU that got called back was possibly the best run I've seen ever.

I still hope we get Mac, I think we will, but I'm not crying myself to sleep considering the class we are putting together.

Marshawn Lynch against Saints?

Walton is a superstar back.. what the heck...

dude is gone after this year.

Agreed; most draft experts have Walton as a top tier, 1st round back. Said his ability to break tackles, catch the ball, and good burst has him pegged as a 1st round pick.

I find it hard to believe that Walton is a 1st round back, do you have any article to back that claim up? I think he is a 2nd day back and is for sure gone after next year, but I don't see him going in the 1st round.

It was actually an ESPN commentator (can't remember who) who said NFL scouts are drooling over Walton's potential and commented that he's a 1st round talent. It was during the UVA game. This was confirmed by my boy who's a scout for the Rams...he said specifically that everyone know the big named players, but it's Walton that stood out to him this season b/c he could do it all and he felt he was a 1st round back, and would be a steal any later. TIFWIW

Agreed; most draft experts have Walton as a top tier, 1st round back. Said his ability to break tackles, catch the ball, and good burst has him pegged as a 1st round pick.

I find it hard to believe that Walton is a 1st round back, do you have any article to back that claim up? I think he is a 2nd day back and is for sure gone after next year, but I don't see him going in the 1st round.

Duke was a third round pick and IMO a better back than Walton, although I love Walton as a player and warrior.

Can't see Walton as a first round back at all. I don't care what anyone's saying at this point.

I like Walton, think he will play in the NFL after finishing out a really nice UM career...not a 1st rounder.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mods please change the title on this thread or move the last few pages to Mark Walton please. It has gotten way off track.

keep clicking on this thread waiting for mcfarland news and get walton posts. sometime this board drives me nuts.

Every time there's a shiny new toy being brought to the table, some fans find a way to bash who we currently have to justify why we need the new guys. How bout this, we need McFarland for our future, b/c our present is solid currently. We need Mac to continue the trend of RBU. There's no need to knock Walton to justify the need for Mac.

Advertisement
Exactly Rellyrell^^^^

Like if scouts think of him as 1st round material and eventually pick Walton in the 1st round, are dudes gonna be ****ed??? Weirdos man.

Every time there's a shiny new toy being brought to the table, some fans find a way to bash who we currently have to justify why we need the new guys. How bout this, we need McFarland for our future, b/c our present is solid currently. We need Mac to continue the trend of RBU. There's no need to knock Walton to justify the need for Mac.

This true, but saying Walton aint a first round pick aint really a knock man. Just spitting facts. Unless he takes huge strides this year he won't be picked in the first round... AND THAT'S FINE. He's still a great RB who I think will have a career in the league.

Duke was a third round pick and IMO a better back than Walton, although I love Walton as a player and warrior.

Duke is a better back, but Walton is a 1st round calibre athlete.

Advertisement
A bit of news that may not be good (could also just be because it is still uncertain and we are lining up back up plans), but Thomas Brown and our assistant RB grad assistant just started following RB AJ Davis.

This true, but saying Walton aint a first round pick aint really a knock man. Just spitting facts. Unless he takes huge strides this year he won't be picked in the first round... AND THAT'S FINE. He's still a great RB who I think will have a career in the league.

LOL that ain't spitting facts that is spitting opinion. Facts are , well facts. IMO Walton is a 2nd rounder at worst .

Advertisement

It was actually an ESPN commentator (can't remember who) who said NFL scouts are drooling over Walton's potential and commented that he's a 1st round talent. It was during the UVA game. This was confirmed by my boy who's a scout for the Rams...he said specifically that everyone know the big named players, but it's Walton that stood out to him this season b/c he could do it all and he felt he was a 1st round back, and would be a steal any later. TIFWIW

I'd bet anyone, any amount of money that Walton won't be a 1st round pick

Duke is a better back, but Walton is a 1st round calibre athlete.

That would be great for the young man, all pulling for him, but don't see 1st round for him, JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back