MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIAP, but any new info on if Brown visited and how it went? Decision still tomorrow?

Decision is still tomorrow as of now, nothing on how the visit went yet. Guess we will find out "sometime on Friday"

No news is good news? No CB flips, no new offers...

i tend to agree or at least i am hopeful that this is a good sign. the staff isn't panicking. but on the other hand if he bails maybe they just add a grad transfer for depth and focus on next year. probably nobody left that could crack our depth chart anyway.

Advertisement
The word is our staff is not concerned.

Richt is a vet and one of the best in the biz. He knows how to play this.

Would love to get McFarland but he is a rb. We have 4 right now and will be fine if we don't get him. That said I still really want him in the class always want top kids no matter the position.

Yep this is how I feel. He ain't playing over Walton or Homer this year but he would be the 3rd string guy as he is better then Choc or Burns. So I want him as he is a beast but if he goes elsewhere so be it it is his lose as we are closing strong! But I do think he is all cane.

I hope I'm wrong, but why would he reveal who he is going to pick if he's going to pick that same school again ?
He's not. He's going to Maryland. Colossal whiff by the staff.

Wrong. Staff did all they could. Sometime hometown pressure is too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No backup plan + missing on your top target to some guy named Durkin, who you've recruited for three years = colossal failure. Try to spin it all you want.

100% agree. Have to nail this kid. We haven't had a gamebreaker at RB since Duke and even Duke wasn't a big game performer.

McFarland is absolutely crucial.

Would love to get McFarland but he is a rb. We have 4 right now and will be fine if we don't get him. That said I still really want him in the class always want top kids no matter the position.

Yep this is how I feel. He ain't playing over Walton or Homer this year but he would be the 3rd string guy as he is better then Choc or Burns. So I want him as he is a beast but if he goes elsewhere so be it it is his lose as we are closing strong! But I do think he is all cane.

As we

Advertisement
It's almost like people completely forgot the Jerry Jeudy recruitment just a couple months ago. I didn't see Jeudy stay home, why should I expect McFarland to? No soft-shouldered *****-assery here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jeudys parents didn't meddle.

As we

i'd disagree and say Mcfarland is in our top 3 recruits this class (Donaldson on o-line and Dean the JUCO for CB depth replacing Elder). We know what we have in Walton, Homer he showed flashes but have not seen him play enough to make me confident. Same for Choc, burns is an incoming freshman with injury hx.

Walton goes down then what? RB position is a tough position for these college kids. Yearby to NFL and Gus leaving hurts just bc of depth and the WHAT IF on injuries, expectations of players.

Plus...Mcfarland is a baller!

I hope I'm wrong, but why would he reveal who he is going to pick if he's going to pick that same school again ?
He's not. He's going to Maryland. Colossal whiff by the staff.

Wrong. Staff did all they could. Sometime hometown pressure is too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No backup plan + missing on your top target to some guy named Durkin, who you've recruited for three years = colossal failure. Try to spin it all you want.

100% agree. Have to nail this kid. We haven't had a gamebreaker at RB since Duke and even Duke wasn't a big game performer.

McFarland is absolutely crucial.

You bite your tongue...Duke is the GOAAATTTT

Enough with the Walton and Homer talk.

Walton is a pretty good back but he's not a superstar back, he just doesn't have the consistent vision or elusiveness. If Homer was a superstar he would have gotten more carries last season.

McFarland has potential gamebreaker in him and we desperately need a gamechanger at the RB position. A guy teams have to gameplan for.

Advertisement
Walton is a superstar back.. what the heck...

dude is gone after this year.

Walton is a pretty good back but he's not a superstar back, he just doesn't have the consistent vision or elusiveness. If Homer was a superstar he would have gotten more carries last season.

McFarland has potential gamebreaker in him and we desperately need a gamechanger at the RB position. A guy teams have to gameplan for.

McFarland would be the most talented back we have signed since duke.

Its funny how many of you sleep on Walton like hes some scrub or something. Guy is a baller.

Advertisement

How is he supposed to be elusive when the DL is in the backfield before he gets the ball. He is not a breakaway guy, but he runs very hard and has consistently gotten better.

Advertisement

Lmao walton will be the superstar next year **** you mean

This one stinks to me. I want to be optimistic, but the last minute waffling of a long-time commit coming about after an in-home visit, the reports that the HS coach is about to get a job with Maryland, and the sudden change of tone by the parents, and I'm not feeling terribly confident in this one.

this is definitely one way to read it. and maybe the smart way. but, im choosing to read it as a guy feigning a tough decision as a way to show some respect to his high school coach, the maryland staphs, & all the local butt sniffers.

cane.

I hope you are correct.

How is he supposed to be elusive when the DL is in the backfield before he gets the ball. He is not a breakaway guy, but he runs very hard and has consistently gotten better.

Not all of that was the OL fault. he oftentimes picks the wrong hole and doesn't have the wiggle to scoot and evade defenders in the backfield.

like I said he's a VERY GOOD back just not a gamechanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back