MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two RBs on the roster is not 'fine'. Until Burns walks again he's not even considered a player here.

We'd pick up a transfer. It's FINE.

Ridiculous. Yeah, there are a ton of transfer RBs out there with the talent of McFarland...whatever.

We have more QBs on the roster right now than RBs, and that is just crazy.
Did I say that a transfer would be as good as Mac? No. It would be a depth piece. But no no, you guys keep crying about McFarland who may still be coming. I'll go enjoy the rest of our class while this plays out. Crootin newbs, I swear.

"Crootin newbs". What a joke. I started at UM in 1986, I've been through this for decades. I've also seen plenty of times when coaches have put all their eggs in one recruiting basket and come up empty.

I simply took issue with your delusional, and capitalized "It's FINE." No, it's not "FINE". It would be a major loss at a key position, particularly when trying to work in a new QB. Only a year ago, we were facing the possible loss of Walton due to a criminal investigation. At least last year, we could turn to Yearby and Edwards.

This year, if Walton blows out a knee during practice, we would have to turn to Homer (has not yet played or proven anything), Burns (seemingly always injured) and Gray (seemingly always injured).

That situation does NOT become "FINE" with a grad-transfer RB, particularly when you look at who is on the market.

It doesn't matter if YOU say McFarland or a grad-transfer would be a "depth piece", if Walton goes down, that player might just be the next man up.

Football newbs. It's amazing how much they choose to ignore the injury factor.

Upvoted. This is the truth. McFarland is very important for this class. Getting a grad transfer would be a band-aid and that guy would probably end up being significantly less talented than Mac.

Advertisement
Would love to get McFarland but he is a rb. We have 4 right now and will be fine if we don't get him. That said I still really want him in the class always want top kids no matter the position.

Ridiculous. Our RB depth chart is beyond thin. Who are your four backs? Walton is the only one with meaningful carries and he's gone after next year. Homer has only played Special Teams -- we have no idea how he'll perform as a RB. I don't even count Burns, who may never be healthy.

McFarland IMO is the most important player left on our wishlist.

So we've given up on Trayone Gray?

I wouldn't say "given up", but "not expecting much/anything" is more like it. Would love for him to put it all together though.

Would love to get McFarland but he is a rb. We have 4 right now and will be fine if we don't get him. That said I still really want him in the class always want top kids no matter the position.

Ridiculous. Our RB depth chart is beyond thin. Who are your four backs? Walton is the only one with meaningful carries and he's gone after next year. Homer has only played Special Teams -- we have no idea how he'll perform as a RB. I don't even count Burns, who may never be healthy.

Walton, Homer, Choc, Burns......I am not the best at math but that's 4.

Always funny to me that when we turn up pressure on a local Miami kid that's ok, but now when it's happening to McFarland, someone's "dropping off bags" or something shady is going on. I'm sure Michigan fans are accusing Miami of doing the same thing with Herbert.

I thought Michigan cooled on Herbert and not the other way around?

Again, I really do think that the push back was only a formality.

I'm really not worried and I don't understand why you guys are freaking out.

Think about it. This kid wasn't even wrestling with this decision for many months. I just think he felt bad that they were so desperate and pushed it back, kind of like a beautiful woman giving a lame dude her number knowing she isn't going to actually talk to him.

That's your guess. It's possible. But it's only your guess.

It's also possible that the adults around him, his parents, the Maryland coaches, even his high school coaches, manipulated him to delay his decision, in trying to get him to change his mind and stay. It's definitely within the realm of possibility that he is feeling pressure to stay in Maryland by every single adult in his life, even though he still might want to go to Miami.

And that could make the difference that makes in choose to stay there.

That's also a reasonable guess.

Advertisement
Take a screen shot and send to Mac...MD board barley even talk about him yet multiple Miami sites have pages running deep about him.

They don't give a f*ck about football

wait is this little meltdown coming from a **** canesport article? from gary "gruden to miami confirmed" ferman?

I really want McFarland in this class but we basically used 2 running backs per game this season. Early in the season it was Walton and Yearby. Gus later supplanted Yearby. So barring injury, we should theoretically be okay with Walton, Homer, Burns (and Choc I guess) but yeah, it would definitely be great if McFarland was part of that group.

Being "the man" at Maryland doesn't mean squat. No one in the DC metro area gives a **** about MD football. The star on their basketball team might fare better, but MD football is a zero.

Ignore the emotion and make the business decision - Miami.

Advertisement
SIAP, but any new info on if Brown visited and how it went? Decision still tomorrow?

Again, I really do think that the push back was only a formality.

I'm really not worried and I don't understand why you guys are freaking out.

Think about it. This kid wasn't even wrestling with this decision for many months. I just think he felt bad that they were so desperate and pushed it back, kind of like a beautiful woman giving a lame dude her number knowing she isn't going to actually talk to him.
My sentiments exactly.

Agree that RB is thin but to me there are other positions that are even worse with DB and WR. We got one top end RB already and that's a easier position to fill and freshman can easily come in at RB.

4 RB's (3 unproven) on the roster is not enough. Normally I wouldn't fret it but I'm not really seeing a position change where we could plug in a DB (for example) if needed for depth. Kinda like we did with Dallas Crawford a couple years ago. If we don't nab AM, I could see a late offer going out to a kid that may not be on our radar.

Advertisement

Aside from OL maybe, given he's the only 'proven' (as far as HS goes) RB we targeted, he is the most important recruit in this class. Not to debate how good he is or isn't, the staff felt highly enough of him to go all in for three years and it looks like they'll be left **** in hand tomorrow.

SIAP, but any new info on if Brown visited and how it went? Decision still tomorrow?

Decision is still tomorrow as of now, nothing on how the visit went yet. Guess we will find out "sometime on Friday"

It's almost like people completely forgot the Jerry Jeudy recruitment just a couple months ago. I didn't see Jeudy stay home, why should I expect McFarland to? No soft-shouldered *****-assery here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
This one stinks to me. I want to be optimistic, but the last minute waffling of a long-time commit coming about after an in-home visit, the reports that the HS coach is about to get a job with Maryland, and the sudden change of tone by the parents, and I'm not feeling terribly confident in this one.

this is definitely one way to read it. and maybe the smart way. but, im choosing to read it as a guy feigning a tough decision as a way to show some respect to his high school coach, the maryland staphs, & all the local butt sniffers.

cane.

Decision is still tomorrow as of now, nothing on how the visit went yet. Guess we will find out "sometime on Friday"

No news is good news? No CB flips, no new offers...

No CB flips as of now. Not sure we would offer anyone if he doesn't come. It seems too late to offer a guy who is Miami quality, we haven't been recruiting any backups according to Pete and Ivins. Would probably go the grad transfer route if he doesn't come. I am still hopeful though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back