MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'm wrong, but why would he reveal who he is going to pick if he's going to pick that same school again ?
He's not. He's going to Maryland. Colossal whiff by the staff.

Porst of the month
Explain to me how missing (seems most likely at this point) your lone RB target for the past three years, with no backup, is anything other than a failure.

Thanks.

do you actually have inside info on Mac or are you just going off of quotes. wait till we hear back about the visit and we'll know tomorrow

Advertisement
I can't see a guy who had a recruitment video shot and edited flipping 48 hours later.

Unless Under Armour dropped a bag, I think McFarland is coming.

Nobody on this board has inside info about mcfarland...... he is not a south Florida kid. No one other than Thomas brown, possibly the Maryland coaching staff, and ant macc and his family know exactly where he is going at this hour. Any prediction right now is a guess or speculation. Nothing anyone on this board can do but sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Advertisement
Not offering another RB yet has to be a good sign.

We'd definitely be trying to get someone here for the last OV weekend if he was gone

Always worries me when a parents says publicly "it's not about us though - it's all my son's decision."

Good catch. Kind of like "No offense, but..." which is always followed by something very offensive.

This dude went from longstanding commit who was a rock solid lock to 50/50 after one last ditch desperate pitch from a **** program with a totally unproven coach.

This one smells like UA got in there with bags and promises. They're twisting the kid up. Probably dropped a bag to someone just to get that face to face with Anthony where they Pearl Harbored him.

I think Mac still ends up here. Parents love Miami, he has a great relationship with Brown and Richt. Plus, anybody can see that something special is beginning to happen here.

But if we don't land him, while disappointing, it's fine. We still have Walton, Burns and Homer and we have a solid shot at Lingard in 18.

Advertisement
Always worries me when a parents says publicly "it's not about us though - it's all my son's decision."

I agree to a degree, but to put it in context, the Maryland coaches were just there selling the kid on staying in Maryland and being a local hero. Those words from the parents could just as easily be to diffuse local disappointment at their kid leaving town for a better opportunity with us.

Why would you end your own football career by going to Maryland? You'll never hear of this kid again if he goes there.

This one stinks to me. I want to be optimistic, but the last minute waffling of a long-time commit coming about after an in-home visit, the reports that the HS coach is about to get a job with Maryland, and the sudden change of tone by the parents, and I'm not feeling terribly confident in this one.

If McFarland wants to stay home.... just come to Miami and absolutely kill it for 4 years, then Baltimore can draft him in the first round. Problem solved.

Advertisement
I can't see a guy who had a recruitment video shot and edited flipping 48 hours later.

Unless Under Armour dropped a bag, I think McFarland is coming.
I can't see a guy that filmed a commitment video waivering the night before either. Then again, his father pushed him to have dinner with the opposing staph and he gobbled their **** up.

Would love to get McFarland but he is a rb. We have 4 right now and will be fine if we don't get him. That said I still really want him in the class always want top kids no matter the position.

I think Mac still ends up here. Parents love Miami, he has a great relationship with Brown and Richt. Plus, anybody can see that something special is beginning to happen here.

But if we don't land him, while disappointing, it's fine. We still have Walton, Burns and Homer and we have a solid shot at Lingard in 18.
Two RBs on the roster is not 'fine'. Until Burns walks again he's not even considered a player here.

Advertisement
If the high school coach has to guilt trip him into playing for Maryland that tells you all you need to know about that program. No clue where he ends up but unlike most my gut says the logical choice is Miami. Jeudy did it to us why can't McFarland do it to Maryland?

If McFarland wants to stay home.... just come to Miami and absolutely kill it for 4 years, then Baltimore can draft him in the first round. Problem solved.

IMG_5596.webp

Best point imo made on the board is the Phil Dorset compared to stephon diggs recruit ranking compared to draft position. His brother went to Alabama to get exposure and ultimately get drafted higher then Stephon. McFarland has to realize Maryland does not get skilled position player paid like a high caliber ACC or SEC school will.

It's crazy to think how selfish these adults are. He literally ends his football career by going to Maryland. Running behind their **** line vs Big 10 defenses is a very bad formula. Plus Maryland gets ZERO national exposure. Dumb move all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back