MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'm wrong, but why would he reveal who he is going to pick if he's going to pick that same school again ?
He's not. He's going to Maryland. Colossal whiff by the staff.

Wrong. Staff did all they could. Sometime hometown pressure is too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No backup plan + missing on your top target to some guy named Durkin, who you've recruited for three years = colossal failure. Try to spin it all you want.

Whatever.

Advertisement
I hope I'm wrong, but why would he reveal who he is going to pick if he's going to pick that same school again ?

No backup plan + missing on your top target to some guy named Durkin, who you've recruited for three years = colossal failure. Try to spin it all you want.

Then again....he could still chose UM on Friday.

Let this thing play out #NSDWIN

He could. But Maryland, MARYLAND, served him a plate of **** Tuesday night and he ate it up.

Advertisement
I think many people on the board are understating the idea that we practically had him locked up for months, mostly because Brown has a tremendous relationship with him and his family. I think at the end of the day, the kid will go with his gut and choose The U.

He could. But Maryland, MARYLAND, served him a plate of **** Tuesday night and he ate it up.
Who knows maybe he is just giving the hometown team the feeling that he gave them an honest look and a lot of thought. So he can say what a tough decision it was and less hometown fans will be butt hurt over him coming to the U. Juedy may have done same thing to us and some fans seem far less ****ed than if he didn't take that visit. We are all trying to read the tea leaves but nothing I've seen has me saying he "ain't comin" other than our last 10 years of recruiting. I think everyone agrees if common sense is used he still comin. We will know soon enough. I'm trying to stay positive. The Father involvement does worry me the most. Too much good mojo happening right now. This has always been the time and position that Rickt closes on. Hopefully it's gonna happen again!

Advertisement

LOL at hometown pressure. Maryland has a long and storied history of losing all the top local guys to other programs.

Starting QB = Cali
2nd string RB = New York
Starting TE = New Jersey
2nd string TE = Georgia
Slot WR & Punt Returner = Carolina
Starting CB = Tennessee

But don't come here if you're from another state. You don't play. LOL

Plus your back-up QB is from bama

If his father wants him to listen to the hometown team again, he's gonna listen to the hometown team again. Kids father needs to come to his senses and realize the best thing for the kids future is for him to go to Miami on his way to the league.

Advertisement
Always worries me when a parents says publicly "it's not about us though - it's all my son's decision."

I just want to know by the end of the day today if he is in or out with us. Someone with inside sauces needs to break it!

The information was fluid for McFarland and now them cheeks have clinched, hope the visits went well.

Advertisement
At least he got drafted, unlike Allen Hurns.

Kid just needs to look at Diggs' career. All-world, 5 star receiver commits to hometown school Maryland, he does ok for three years, gets taken in the 5th round and blows up again in the NFL. Everyone who followed high school recruiting knew the kid was a beast, his supporting cast just sucked at MD. Should have been a 2nd rounder. Choosing Maryland over us cost that kid millions.

I don't see your point. Hurns was a 3 star that stayed home and has a 40 mil contract. Hurns had every opportunity to showcase his ability and did so in record breaking manner.

Maybe your claim is that Hurns would have done better if he went to Maryland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back