Le' Work - Beardy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does playing in the NFL have to do with anything? The best coaches in the world didn't play in the NFL.

Let's not get carried away with our bias. Kirby Smart is likely one of the best DB coaches in the country. As of right now his resume for developing DB's completely destroys Rumph's.

Just being objective.

His resume for developing dbs??? Saban is the db coach at Bama no?

Smart coached DB's and was the DC under Saban.

Please, let's not even go there. It's one thing to be a fan, it's another thing to be completely naive. Rumph ain't touching Smart.

I've seen multiple videos of Saban coaching CBs at Bama.

And?

There's probably videos of him coaching everything on the defense. That's what DC's do. Just cause you saw a video of Saban being hands-on with the CB's doesn't mean Smart sits back and twiddles his thumbs.

Like I can't believe people are really sitting here and implying that Mike Rumph, who was coaching high school a couple years ago, is a better DB coach then the former DC at the University of Alabama. LOL

You're talking about all of the DBs that Smart has developed. I never said Smart wasn't doing anything in particular. You said that.

I pointed out that at no point have I ever seen Smart coach up the DBs directly. I've seen numerous times that it's Saban who's hands-on with the CBs. It's similar to how it is in Miami where Richt is hands-on with the QB - it's their respective specialties.

Advertisement
Get off Smart ****. He’s not developing all conference DBs and Tucker isn’t Bill Bellicheck. Look at the players we’ve developed since 2016 on defense. You will get coached up at Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he didn't develop any All Conference DB's and NFL studs while at Alabama. LOL

Oh yeah that's right, that was all Saban.

Helps out when he gets 5 star and high 4 star kids on an annual basis.

I don’t think anyone is saying Smart is not good at coaching DBs. But clearly he taking or being given a lot more credit than he deserves. As others have pointed he hasn’t exactly taken bums and made them elite players. The DBs his last 2-3 years at Bama and 1st 2 years at UGA have been the weakest link (where if that is your strong suit surely you can coach a guy up, it not like he inherited Golden specials). And yes relative NFL experience depending on the candidate. We aren’t talking a slacking player with a reputation for not being focused in meetings we are talking about Mike Rumph. I assume he could have got a job in the NFL if he wanted to instead of choosing to work with kids.

I don’t think anyone is saying Smart is not good at coaching DBs. But clearly he taking or being given a lot more credit than he deserves. As others have pointed he hasn’t exactly taken bums and made them elite players. The DBs his last 2-3 years at Bama and 1st 2 years at UGA have been the weakest link (where if that is your strong suit surely you can coach a guy up, it not like he inherited Golden specials). And yes relative NFL experience depending on the candidate. We aren’t talking a slacking player with a reputation for not being focused in meetings we are talking about Mike Rumph. I assume he could have got a job in the NFL if he wanted to instead of choosing to work with kids.

This.

And the thing is, Bama's had other CB coaches in place since 2008. Now, these are usually just coaches that are there to get their feet wet. But I've literally seen so many videos of Saban being hands on with the CBs and coaching them up directly. That's where I give the credit to, is Saban. We're arguing DB coaching at Miami vs. UGA; not Miami vs. Bama. If it was the latter, then yes, I'd have a hard time putting Rumph's resume and accumen up against arguably the best college coach of all-time (gross). But we're comparing Rumph's resume to ever coaches up DBs at UGA (likely Smart). I've never said Smart isn't a good coach. But Smart's seemingly getting all of the credit for what went on at Bama. Whereas we all know who's responsible for that......

Spoiler: It isn't Kirby.

Advertisement
Lol, Rumph and Campbell are very very close! I can't see Campbell going anywhere but Miami. One thing I heard was....they was trying to keep everthing on the low. Right after the visit was set up they say TC to GA and Surtain Jr to Bama.

Campbell - 85% It's home, and family and friends are UM. I just can't see it. They also told @Rattler *** to Stay off social media! Lol

Surtain Jr - 55% he's the only one they working on.

Chatfield - 100%

Nesta - 100%

bad-boys-gif.gif

Lol, Rumph and Campbell are very very close! I can't see Campbell going anywhere but Miami. One thing I heard was....they was trying to keep everthing on the low. Right after the visit was set up they say TC to GA and Surtain Jr to Bama.

Campbell - 85% It's home, and family and friends are UM. I just can't see it. They also told @Rattler *** to Stay off social media! Lol

Chatfield - 100%

Nesta - 100%

[MENTION=14776]305Cane[/MENTION] and @dansileojr gonna be legendary if their predictions come true

Chatfield - 100%

Nesta - 100%

I appreciate the info and definitely share your optimism. I'm curious to know, do you have ties to the Campbell's? Not trying to be a dyck, I really am just curious. You mentioned that the family told Rattler to stay off of social media. That's some serious insight if that's the case.

Chatfield - 100%

Nesta - 100%

Man you got some kind of nerve trying to bring actual good news into this battle of the DB Coaches....take that **** elsewhere.....like maybe a new thread where we can actually talk about what’s important than have to weed through 40 pages of mostly nonsensical blabbering about whose more knowledgeable about DB’s to get to it.....TIA.

Advertisement
I'm talking about the COTY award he won in 2012, not the Broyles he won in 09.

Moving on.

Nobody here is talking about HOW LONG a guy has coached. That doesn't mean as much as WHERE and WHO he's coached under. You'd have to be a **** fool to think that a man who spent years being Saban's DC and DB coach is inferior to a guy who HAS NEVER COACHED UNDER ANYBODY! Rumph's only experience is coaching a loaded high school team.

You can post all the subjetive stats all you want. Even the best coaches take their lumps. All of them!
Kirby's overall body of work is outstanding. You can't just say "Well he coached a bunch of 5-stars!" That **** can be said about **** near any elite coach in the country.
None of you have the inside knowledge to know what he's teaching or how he's teaching it, so you can only go by a body of work. It's no different than how yall judge our own coaches.

You guys look at coaches on the surface, face value. You use stats and occasional situations to form your opinions. I study these guys all year. I go to clinics and read tons of material on coaches from all over the country. I don't just use stats to judge coaches. I've seen Smart clinic and spoken to him briefly about defense. I've spoken to Rumph as well. THEY'RE NOT IN THE SAME STRATOSPHERE.

University of Miami All ACC Corners from 2012 to 2015 (4 Year)
T Howard honarable mention
A Burns 1st team

University of Miami All ACC corners 2016 and 2017
C Elder First Team
Michael Jackson Second team
Malek Young Honorable Mention

More guys making the team in Rumph's 2 years than made it in the previous 4. I guess Rumph can do something right. 3 guys, 1 who played mostly offense, make the ALL ACC team in his 2 years, but it's night and day about coaching CBs. No one is asking if Rumph is on par with Kirby about X's and O's. He shouldn't be, you gain that with experience, but you're sucking the cack of a rival while ****ting on your own coach. We get it You think all Miami coaches are garbage we know you're agenda.

Bro STFU with the cry baby bullsh!t.

Nobody is ****ting on Rumph. Saying that Rump can't touch Kirby Smart right now is not "****ting on him", it's being realistic.

Only true UM homers would think otherwise. Then again, I forgot where I'm at. This is the same group of people that tried to tell me Butch Davis is a better coach than Nick Saban.

FAWK U TOO. You can STFU with your incessant sucking off of Kirby. I'm not crying unlike you about all of our defensive coaches. I'm simply pointing out facts and stats, but they don't fit your narrative so now i am crying. I mean taking 3 kids (2 who actually played more offense in HS than defense) and making them into ALL ACC corners in 2 years in actually pretty ****ing impressive. especially considering the amount of passes we actually see in our league.

Taking lower rated kids and developing them into ALL ACC players is actually a lot more impressive than making 5* players all league players. Wouldn't you agree? You base your "genius" of coaching on having the best defense at Western 1 year with lesser players. What it's good for you, but not anyone else?

How the **** is Elder a lesser player? LOL
He was a 4-star kid who was a great athlete. And he's doing d!ck in the league right now.
Colbert was a physical specimen. He would've played in the league regardless.
Michael Jackson is a serviceable player for us, nothing more.

Stay away from the All-ACC argument. You don't wanna go there. That's not your best bet for success when arguing against the guy who coached DB's at Bama.

Like, this **** is embarrassing. I'm baffled.

Corn was injured all year long.

Chatfield - 100%

Nesta - 100%

I appreciate the info and definitely share your optimism. I'm curious to know, do you have ties to the Campbell's? Not trying to be a dyck, I really am just curious. You mentioned that the family told Rattler to stay off of social media. That's some serious insight if that's the case.

I know for a fact that Campbell and Rumph are close, and I don't think he'll turn his back on Rumph. I don't know Rattler, but haven't seen a post in a while on the situation. I'm no insider, just my prediction base off what you hear in the streets.

Colbert got told by Strong that he should quit football and would never make it to the league. Guy comes here and gets drafted.

But but but he would have made it either way! MoRcho is such a clown. No wonder you got run outta so Fla coaching.

IF ONE OF OUR COACHES HAD THE SAME RESUME AS SMART, YALL WOULD BE USING THAT **** TO VALIDATE HIS ABILITY ALL THE TIME.

Take the **** O&G glasses off man. It's okay to say that another coach is elite. Only a fool would think that we have all the best coaches in the country.

It’s amazing how hard headed some people are on this board. They can’t accept that Rumph and Banda have weak resumes right now and it’s hurting us in recruiting. It’s just facts.

Advertisement
IF ONE OF OUR COACHES HAD THE SAME RESUME AS SMART, YALL WOULD BE USING THAT **** TO VALIDATE HIS ABILITY ALL THE TIME.

Take the **** O&G glasses off man. It's okay to say that another coach is elite. Only a fool would think that we have all the best coaches in the country.

It’s amazing how hard headed some people are on this board. They can’t accept that Rumph and Banda have weak resumes right now and it’s hurting us in recruiting. It’s just facts.

It's amazing that trolls like yourself just keep talking that dumb ****. They have short resumes, not weak. How do you call coaching up an all american weak? How do you call taking 3 kids and making them all league performers in 2 years weak?

Advertisement

It's amazing that trolls like yourself just keep talking that dumb ****. They have short resumes, not weak. How do you call coaching up an all american weak? How do you call taking 3 kids and making them all league performers in 2 years weak?

Look at it the other way...coaches can say those are Golden’s recruits. Rumph needs to put his own recruits in the league along with Banda. That will take time.

What does playing in the NFL have to do with anything? The best coaches in the world didn't play in the NFL.

Let's not get carried away with our bias. Kirby Smart is likely one of the best DB coaches in the country. As of right now his resume for developing DB's completely destroys Rumph's.

Just being objective.

His resume for developing dbs??? Saban is the db coach at Bama no?

Smart coached DB's and was the DC under Saban.

Please, let's not even go there. It's one thing to be a fan, it's another thing to be completely naive. Rumph ain't touching Smart.

I've seen multiple videos of Saban coaching CBs at Bama.

And?

There's probably videos of him coaching everything on the defense. That's what DC's do. Just cause you saw a video of Saban being hands-on with the CB's doesn't mean Smart sits back and twiddles his thumbs.

Like I can't believe people are really sitting here and implying that Mike Rumph, who was coaching high school a couple years ago, is a better DB coach then the former DC at the University of Alabama. LOL

It's well known that Sabag coaches the DBs wherever he's at. Always. It's his thing. That's how we got Tim Walton to take a lateral move here when he was DB coach at LSU.

I’ll be honest w u Coach; ur showing me exactly what’s wrong w So Fla recruiting. I’ve gone page after page and U’ve gone to great lengths to defend this SEC coach and using every reason to diminish Rumph. That’s weird for me to hear, if ur a Cane fan. U just said in another post that Corn was a “physical specimen” that was going to be drafted regardless. Lol. When is 5’10 170 a physical specimen??? Corn came back for his Sr year b/c he had a borderline draftable grade after his Jr year.

As soon as Rumph came on board, our DBs played night and day better. Heck even though Young had a hard time turning his head around, he stuck to WRs like glue. Rumph is a heck of a DB coach. That’s not orange and green shades on, that’s real. Whatever ur opinion is, that’s fine....but to go to such lengths to raise up an overrated coach (which his DBs we’re getting roasted like a whole pig at a lua all season), yet diminish what our DBs were able to do w Rumph is weirdo type ****.

Look at the tools Rumph has had to work w and look at what Smart has had and look at the results. There’s some things that need to be cleaned, sure, but to act like Kirby is some DB whisperer is asinine. And for **** sake, Corn was hurt all year! So how in tf r u going to say he hasn’t done squawk all year??

Last edited:
This is truly a great debate to have on a public Canes message board at the height of recruiting when we are trying to close on 2 5 Star CBs. No, seriously....keep telling us how far superior Smart and Saban are to Mike Rumph at teaching CB play. ****, anyone want to summarize this and just blast it out to our recruits just in case they just can't easily get this forwarded to them by everyone negative recruiting against us?

Coach Macheau is tripping over himself to eat UGA and Baga dyck. This is sickening to read. Claims to be a big UM fan who would be torn up if we lose Campbell/Surtain and then spends 3 pages screaming from the rooftops how much better Spermy Fart and Sabag are than our guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back