Le' Work - Beardy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
From UGA wirter on 247

spoke with someone last night who spent some time with Campbell on his visit. Apparently he views rumph at Miami as a high school coach/friend and isn't sure he can develop him for the NFL. He believes Kirby/Mel will do a better job teaching him technique, coverage's, scheme. That along with our huge advantage in strength and Conditioning (Miami isn't even Close), and his friendship with Coley is what has turned him to UGA. I asked about Alabama and he basically told me that Campbell knows Alabama can do everything for him that UGA can but he feels like Kirby/Mel/Coley are easier to talk to and will mentor him better than Saban. TIFWIW but this is what I was told.

So he doesn’t think Rumph is a coach who can make him elite for the NFL

So our S&C program although improved isn’t $EC level and Tyson knows it.

Great.

Making. Chit. Up.

That’s what it sounds like.

Advertisement
Cool. Rumph played in NFL for 5 years...smart and tucker didnt see the field. I think this is bs. Look what rumph did with michael jackson ffs.

What does playing in the NFL have to do with anything? The best coaches in the world didn't play in the NFL.

Let's not get carried away with our bias. Kirby Smart is likely one of the best DB coaches in the country. As of right now his resume for developing DB's completely destroys Rumph's.

Just being objective.

I am curious what makes him the best DB coach in the nation

From UGA wirter on 247

spoke with someone last night who spent some time with Campbell on his visit. Apparently he views rumph at Miami as a high school coach/friend and isn't sure he can develop him for the NFL. He believes Kirby/Mel will do a better job teaching him technique, coverage's, scheme. That along with our huge advantage in strength and Conditioning (Miami isn't even Close), and his friendship with Coley is what has turned him to UGA. I asked about Alabama and he basically told me that Campbell knows Alabama can do everything for him that UGA can but he feels like Kirby/Mel/Coley are easier to talk to and will mentor him better than Saban. TIFWIW but this is what I was told.

Like calling Cover 2 on 2nd and long in OT with the NC on the line and the corner not getting a jam on the outside WR vertical release while the safety widens too late?

Clinical technique :monkey-serious:

Savage. I like it.

Coaches should find a way to bring this up. Maybe watch some film and Rumph can show how much he doesn’t know about technique and scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. Rumph played in NFL for 5 years...smart and tucker didnt see the field. I think this is bs. Look what rumph did with michael jackson ffs.

What does playing in the NFL have to do with anything? The best coaches in the world didn't play in the NFL.

Let's not get carried away with our bias. Kirby Smart is likely one of the best DB coaches in the country. As of right now his resume for developing DB's completely destroys Rumph's.

Just being objective.

I am curious what makes him the best DB coach in the nation

Because this Georgia mole said he is. Isn’t that good enough for you?

Advertisement
It’s hilarious watching these SEC dorks make stuff up for clickbait. Nobody knows what is going on with these kids because they havent made a decision.

Isn't the whole "Rumph get me to the league" stuff old already? That's the same argument Henderson had last year when he picked UF and a week later his great "get me to the league DB coach" was gone.

Just being objective.

Don't get it twisted Macho. Saban is the position coach for the CBs at Alabama. Kirby played Safety in college and coached "Dbacks" at only a few schools. While at Alabama he probably only coached safties if he coached any position group at all while he was a DC

LOL at Kirby Smart being one of the best DB coaches in America hahha. He may know safety play, but corner play is a WHOLE different ball game as i am sure you know.

So basically all three uncommitted kids took a visit to their perceived "favourites" last week.

Surtain came away unimpressed with LSU. Tysons visit confirmed that UGA was exactly what he was look for. Chatfield was extremely happy with his Canes visit and we are in the drivers seat.

Chatfield and Nesta see that Surtain isn't sure about LSU anymore and he joins them at the duke game. Campbell doesn't come.

Campbell and Surtain visit Alabama. Bama feels good about Surtain but believes Tyson is Georgia bound. They don't think they have a chance at getting both. The reason for that i believe is because if the kids are going to play together they would prefer to do so at home for Miami.

I'm starting to thinks it's a both or nothing deal. Similar to the Norton/RJ situation. It's going to come down to who influences who.

Advertisement
So we gonna act like we didnt see Realus George comment on Tyson Campbell?

“Tyson is probably going to go to Georgia in my opinion, and that’s mainly coming from being friends with guys that are committed to Georgia,” George said. “Surtain, I don’t think LSU is as much in the picture as they used to be, but Alabama - it’s between them and Miami. … Hopefully Nesta is going to pull them in.”

Spin doctors spin away

From UGA wirter on 247

LOL at all of this. coley is now TC's best bud? el oh el.

Well I have a personal relationship with a source VERY close to Campbell. I was just told that he enjoyed his trip to Alabama but probably still sitting 3rd behind Miami and Georgia at this point. Mentioned that everyone seemed real cool. The facilities were great. He spent some time with Saban. Campbell told my source that Saban tried to get him to commit on the spot and shut his recruitment down. Campbell stayed out of the corner and didnt bite. As things get closer to putting pen to paper, Campbell is starting to lean towards the hometown team in front of his family, where he has a great relationship with all of the coaches, not just Rumph, as well as a lot of the players/current commits. He knows there is a chance to play early. He also mentioned about how great it would be to have Rumph continue to mentor him to his ultimate goal of being in the NFL. OH...I can confirm from the horses mouth that while it's not the reason for what school they will choose, that Campbell and Surtain would love to play together in college and absolutely shut down every opponent's best 2 WR's which sets us up really nicely to land both.

Did I do that right? Now..everything I just said is complete bull$hit. I dont know squat. But if I didnt put this disclaimer up that this is fake, some Bulldog fan would have read it and went crying to their board all shook. It works both ways. STAY COOL my fellow Cane brothers. Dont let that phony georgia post get you feeling negative. Ive been following recruiting for a long time..around 2000. After the dead period especially (during OV mania), these stories will keep popping up. Everyone is going off of vibes, and hearsay,..some just flat out ******** with other fanbases(like the above Georgia post is probably doing) and all of these sources that magically pop up will lead you in all directions.

While I certainly appreciate all insider nuggets that people share on this site..whether they are good news or bad news for the canes, you have to take it with a grain of salt..same especially goes for random posters on other team's sites..grain of salt. In most cases, the actual kids dont even know yet where they are going to sign yet and are still weighing the pro's and con's...so if they dont know yet, no one does. Follow the actions....visits, other offers going out, or an exact quote from the kid himself. Every other nugget/source....be mindful of how hard to hang your hat on it. That's my humble advice. We may finish like a hero or zero..no one knows. But the actions say we are in it with these final pieces to what is already the BEST class on paper that I have seen us sign in a LONG time. Plus we have a coach that is the best closer we have had in a LONG time and it aint even close.

“Tyson is probably going to go to Georgia in my opinion, and that’s mainly coming from being friends with guys that are committed to Georgia,” George said. “Surtain, I don’t think LSU is as much in the picture as they used to be, but Alabama - it’s between them and Miami. … Hopefully Nesta is going to pull them in.”

Spin doctors spin away

gTOFVF.gif

Advertisement
If TC's thoughts on Rumph are true, then Rumph better not act like sh*t is all love when he sees the Chad Wilsons and Surtain Sr.s of the world. They coached with Rumph, and you would think at some point they say "nah Mike knows his sh*t" and vouch for him. That's really messed up.

Spin doctors spin away

Talk to us about Shavar Manuel.

Spin doctors spin away

Campbell's own family doesn't even know for sure where he's going. But guys that hung out with him for a weekend know?

You're certainly not gullible.

Getting eager to drop your little bleak visions crap I see.

Advertisement

Spin doctors spin away

I've been wondering how he's been doing in JUCO. Maybe [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION] should've taught him to open up a book instead of treat his recruitment like a circus.

Spin doctors spin away

I've been wondering how he's been doing in JUCO. Maybe [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION] should've taught him to open up a book instead of treat his recruitment like a circus.

Vern is too busy trying to find ways to win a 7U rec. soccer championship. He doesn't have time to help Shavar.

Just being objective.

His resume for developing dbs??? Saban is the db coach at Bama no?

Just being objective.

His resume for developing dbs??? Saban is the db coach at Bama no?

He is. If there was a reason to go to one of the SEC schools - it'd be for Bama, not UGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back