Le' Work - Beardy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]

Chise...you've been pretty positive throughout the process with how we close.

Care to outline who you believe we close with in a few weeks?

All 4 Heritage kids plus Chatman, Ezzard and perhaps Bethel now that Malek had to retire. We might snag one more DT too among the group currently being recruited.

Interesting.

I'm still in Shannon-Golden mode where we close like ****.

Also, hate the trends I'm seeing with the current top targets with the big schools in the mix for them.

that speaks more to a mental state than what may be reality. As long as there are plans for visits for these guys we are among the big schools "in the mix".

I'm not sure if assuming the 5* going elsewhere isn't reality.

We had a solid finish last year, but we aren't talking 5* either. Good to even great players potentially, but not 5* kids, either. Jeff Thomas was a great get last year, but we weren't fending off Alabama and Georgia either.

Campbell is trending UGA. Surtain Jr., while I know there is an undercurrent of support for him coming here ultimately and I love getting the final visit...he just reeks of a Bama or LSU signee.

And then IF we miss out on them, I am not sure we've done a good enough job to secure backup options...it seems Bethel is it, but I am not convinced he's anything more then a potential role player at best.

The DTs we are in the mix for (sans Nesta, as I think he is a 'Cane)...we've just seen this before, with a late push for a bunch of uncommitted interior players and we end up with a lack of numbers and have to dip a little lower then anticipated just to fill them because we ultimately miss out on, essentially all of them.

I like seeing talents like Peters getting late looks, but I am just not sure how serious interest is in both sides or where he is at with other schools.

Chatfield, I'd love to think is a Canes lock, but did we get on him too late? How much interest is there in UF, FSU, Oklahoma. I don't know, but the past few years...what should be a slam dunk, has me worried.

I agree with the follow the actions as opposed the hearsay. Most of the "trends" come from "hunches" and "vibes" from partisan writers. They don't really know more than anyone else, really. As long as they don't shut down recruitment and plan on OV'ing we are at the table and it will be headed by a crafty veteran in Richt who has recruited at the highest levels against the Big Dogs of the SEC and won his share of battles. That you could not say of coach Shan-Gold. Time to continue on the road to recovery from your PTSD.

Advertisement
DUKIuRFVMAAlRP_.webpMAAlRP_.jpg

From bama 247 post from a writer

Early returns have five-star cornerback Tyson Campbell enjoying the trip as much as any recruit on an official visit at the Capstone this weekend. With that said Alabama has made a strong, strong push. However, it's going to be interesting to see his actions after coming back from the visit to T-Town, and after he talks to the Miami and Georgia staffs. One aspect that could help Alabama is his close relationship with UA signee Xavier Williams who was also on the trip and was selling the Crimson Tide program hard.

One source told BOL that five-star cornerback Patrick Surtain Jr. and his family interacted with the staff and current players as well as anyone this weekend. In fact, another source said you wouldn't have been able to know he wasn't already part of the team based on appearances. It's still way too early to call this one, but Alabama is pushing hard for a player that was once considered an LSU lock. Surtain’s recruitment is also likely to go down to National Signing Day with other visits possible (he has officially visited LSU and Alabama). On a side note: a source in South Florida close to the recruitment of Campbell and Surtain said he did not think both players would attend the same college.

Intersting another source saying they don’t think Campbell and surtain will end up at the same school

Advertisement
Cool. Rumph played in NFL for 5 years...smart and tucker didnt see the field. I think this is bs. Look what rumph did with michael jackson ffs.

@ Coach Macho,

Have you heard from any of the coaches post visit? Good or bad I just enjoy legit info. Thanks in advance.

From UGA wirter on 247

spoke with someone last night who spent some time with Campbell on his visit. Apparently he views rumph at Miami as a high school coach/friend and isn't sure he can develop him for the NFL. He believes Kirby/Mel will do a better job teaching him technique, coverage's, scheme. That along with our huge advantage in strength and Conditioning (Miami isn't even Close), and his friendship with Coley is what has turned him to UGA. I asked about Alabama and he basically told me that Campbell knows Alabama can do everything for him that UGA can but he feels like Kirby/Mel/Coley are easier to talk to and will mentor him better than Saban. TIFWIW but this is what I was told.

This is probably close to verbatim UGA’s negative sales speech to TC against us.

This may have been true four years ago, it is no longer the case.

Out facilities are on a par with anyone’s by this fall. Unless you count bounce houses, inlaid carrera marble, and waterfalls, which I don’t.

So is our strength and conditioning and nutrition. Sometimes S&C becomes a voodoo/magic subject that people don’t discuss logically. There are generally accepted strength training techniques that as long as they are followed, it really remains up to th individual and how much work ke wants to put in. Unless UGA flat out told TC that they will procure for him testosterone/HGH, dose him with it in the off-season, make sure he stays on cycle, and make sure all tests are falsified so he passes any screens (if any), then, no, their S&C isn’t superior to ours.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks for the screen grab. The PoRster that made it sound like it was from 247 staff should lean forward and choke himself.

From UGA wirter on 247

spoke with someone last night who spent some time with Campbell on his visit. Apparently he views rumph at Miami as a high school coach/friend and isn't sure he can develop him for the NFL. He believes Kirby/Mel will do a better job teaching him technique, coverage's, scheme. That along with our huge advantage in strength and Conditioning (Miami isn't even Close), and his friendship with Coley is what has turned him to UGA. I asked about Alabama and he basically told me that Campbell knows Alabama can do everything for him that UGA can but he feels like Kirby/Mel/Coley are easier to talk to and will mentor him better than Saban. TIFWIW but this is what I was told.

So he doesn’t think Rumph is a coach who can make him elite for the NFL

So our S&C program although improved isn’t $EC level and Tyson knows it.

Great.

Making. Chit. Up.

Not even gonna sweat their recruitment or people's opinions about Rumph's coaching technique or our facilities. Cause that is just BS.

It's a straight up bidding war. Now that there is an early signing period, teams can go all out for a few recruits. It's a seller's market with Campbell and Surtain listening and waiting for the best offer.

We are way beyond early PT, facilities, and coaching technique.

Advertisement
Ha!!! Considering Richt built UGA's strength program over 15 years and brought one of his guys with him...this is a joke. On the Rumph thing, it's possible but not probable considering the guy played at a super high level in college and was a first round draft pick.

if you listen to UGA fans its almost as if they believe smart built their program from scratch. smart was handed a corvette and all it needed was a tune up.

as to the optimism here on the finish, i hate to be a debbie downer but i get the opposite feeling. we will close with a couple of guys but PS and TC are not going to be in this class. i've seen this story so many times. to use a popular term on this board and cartoon land, i am not falling for the banana in the tailpipe again.

What recruitments are similar to PS2 or Campbell? I'm curious.

Cool. Rumph played in NFL for 5 years...smart and tucker didnt see the field. I think this is bs. Look what rumph did with michael jackson ffs.

What does playing in the NFL have to do with anything? The best coaches in the world didn't play in the NFL.

Let's not get carried away with our bias. Kirby Smart is likely one of the best DB coaches in the country. As of right now his resume for developing DB's completely destroys Rumph's.

Just being objective.

What does playing in the NFL have to do with anything? The best coaches in the world didn't play in the NFL.

Let's not get carried away with our bias. Kirby Smart is likely one of the best DB coaches in the country. As of right now his resume for developing DB's completely destroys Rumph's.

Just being objective.

Chicken or the egg though? It's not hard to develop a bunch of 5-stars. Also, they seem to bust a lot in the NFL.

Advertisement
From UGA wirter on 247

This is probably close to verbatim UGA’s negative sales speech to TC against us.

This may have been true four years ago, it is no longer the case.

Out facilities are on a par with anyone’s by this fall. Unless you count bounce houses, inlaid carrera marble, and waterfalls, which I don’t.

So is our strength and conditioning and nutrition. Sometimes S&C becomes a voodoo/magic subject that people don’t discuss logically. There are generally accepted strength training techniques that as long as they are followed, it really remains up to th individual and how much work ke wants to put in. Unless UGA flat out told TC that they will procure for him testosterone/HGH, dose him with it in the off-season, make sure he stays on cycle, and make sure all tests are falsified so he passes any screens (if any), then, no, their S&C isn’t superior to ours.

Lmao exactly. Everybody knows Bama players are on PEDs but nobody cares.

From UGA wirter on 247

Like calling Cover 2 on 2nd and long in OT with the NC on the line and the corner not getting a jam on the outside WR vertical release while the safety widens too late?

Clinical technique :monkey-serious:

Sounds like something coley would say to a kid to negative recruit

Coley and his halfback pass during a blizzard................ clown.

From bama 247 post from a writer

Early returns have five-star cornerback Tyson Campbell enjoying the trip as much as any recruit on an official visit at the Capstone this weekend. With that said Alabama has made a strong, strong push. However, it's going to be interesting to see his actions after coming back from the visit to T-Town, and after he talks to the Miami and Georgia staffs. One aspect that could help Alabama is his close relationship with UA signee Xavier Williams who was also on the trip and was selling the Crimson Tide program hard.

One source told BOL that five-star cornerback Patrick Surtain Jr. and his family interacted with the staff and current players as well as anyone this weekend. In fact, another source said you wouldn't have been able to know he wasn't already part of the team based on appearances. It's still way too early to call this one, but Alabama is pushing hard for a player that was once considered an LSU lock. Surtain’s recruitment is also likely to go down to National Signing Day with other visits possible (he has officially visited LSU and Alabama). On a side note: a source in South Florida close to the recruitment of Campbell and Surtain said he did not think both players would attend the same college.

Intersting another source saying they don’t think Campbell and surtain will end up at the same school

When people use relationships with players or coaches as a pull or selling point I have to just SMH.

So he knows Xavier Williams or Sony Michel? Wow. I'm willing to bet he knows a lot more players on Miami's team.
And his "relationship" with Coley or Smart can't possibly trump his relationship with Rumph, a guy who coached him throughout his childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back