Le' Work - Beardy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posts visit high on both uga , bama visits for Campbell. Sure there will be one for Miami too...
Y’all saw this article? [TWEET]955440200712425472[/TWEET]
Is it true surtain and Campbell don’t really want to play with each other like that?
Intersting that this guys says sources feel that bama might lead for both so maybe Campbell is not locked in to uga as people tried to say he was

Recruiting axiom 14: If an SEC school gets a recruit to visit, their fans automatically assume said recruit is theirs to lose.

I said this would happen. The Bama visit couldn't have gone any better for US! WHY? Well because UGA is our competition for Campbell. The Bama visit took some of the high from that visit. This weekend will take some more, and by 2/7 when we get our final shot to make him fall in love again, we WILL. Its that simple.

Advertisement
[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]

Chise...you've been pretty positive throughout the process with how we close.

Care to outline who you believe we close with in a few weeks?

All 4 Heritage kids plus Chatman, Ezzard and perhaps Bethel now that Malek had to retire. We might snag one more DT too among the group currently being recruited.

Posts visit high on both uga , bama visits for Campbell. Sure there will be one for Miami too...
Is it true surtain and Campbell don’t really want to play with each other like that?
Intersting that this guys says sources feel that bama might lead for both so maybe Campbell is not locked in to uga as people tried to say he was

Recruiting axiom 14: If an SEC school gets a recruit to visit, their fans automatically assume said recruit is theirs to lose.

I said this would happen. The Bama visit couldn't have gone any better for US! WHY? Well because UGA is our competition for Campbell. The Bama visit took some of the high from that visit. This weekend will take some more, and by 2/7 when we get our final shot to make him fall in love again, we WILL. Its that simple.

Rick is going to have another treadmill moment with the AH kids. Mark it down in permanent ink.

everybody thinks they are the team to beat after a visit. Feb 6 is a long time to let that OV buzz wear off. If they do make the OV to Gables however, that's just 4 days before signing day.

Rick is going to have another treadmill moment with the AH kids. Mark it down in permanent ink.

I'm telling you man! I wish we could transition from treadmill to pool, him face timing coaches from his pool, and one of those infinity pools with the ocean behind him. Go full Miami on em

Advertisement

All 4 Heritage kids plus Chatman, Ezzard and perhaps Bethel now that Malek had to retire. We might snag one more DT too among the group currently being recruited.

Interesting.

I'm still in Shannon-Golden mode where we close like ****.

Also, hate the trends I'm seeing with the current top targets with the big schools in the mix for them.

lol, all that article says is that bama leads with every recruit on their board.

Advertisement
One source close to the program believes Alabama now leads for both cornerbacks. That’s how confident the team is right now at landing the premier defensive backs. Once the source told me that, I followed it up by asking another person, who spent lots of time with both players this past weekend, how he felt about Alabama’s chances with the talented prospects. The second source told me that he, too, believes Alabama is the team to beat for both recruits, but he believes the cornerbacks don’t want to play together in college as they did in high school. He believes Campbell is ultimately going to do his own thing and end up signing with Georgia or Miami. But Alabama is in a good spot right now to land at least one of the two top targets at cornerback.

Lmao. What a load of mealy mouthed bull****.

One source close to the program believes Alabama now leads for both cornerbacks. That’s how confident the team is right now at landing the premier defensive backs. Once the source told me that, I followed it up by asking another person, who spent lots of time with both players this past weekend, how he felt about Alabama’s chances with the talented prospects. The second source told me that he, too, believes Alabama is the team to beat for both recruits, but he believes the cornerbacks don’t want to play together in college as they did in high school. He believes Campbell is ultimately going to do his own thing and end up signing with Georgia or Miami. But Alabama is in a good spot right now to land at least one of the two top targets at cornerback.

Sounds like good news to me.

Normally visits to Alabama end up with a commitment and a cancelled visit at whatever schools are coming next with OV’s. Doesn’t sound like either of those things are on the horizon.

Guy is also hedging his ****. If two sources say different things and you feel he need to publish them both, you really don’t know what you’re talking about.

All along my philosophy has been get these kids on campus together and see what happens. After visits to the premier SEC competition, it looks like those visits are still happening.

LMAO

So both guys want to go to Bama, but it's their relationship with each other that will stop Bama from getting both? That's some A+ homerism right there. I'm sure it'll be repeated ad nauseum by Bama fans, though

that is a very cool story and shows that Richt, who has been doing this a long time, knows how to play the game even with a little swag.

Advertisement
like there is no racism in the northeast? people in the northeast just figured out how to subtly segregate their neighborhoods.

Speaking from what I've seen personally, upstate New York has more confederate flags than most places down south. No joke.

Look; I’m from Chicago and So. Central LA....Chicago may be one of the most racist cities in America. Illinois was one of the first states that slaves migrated to and they were treated hella bad. There’s an invisible line in Chicago that divides the North and South sides. ****, I didn’t even know what Downtown Chicago looked like as a kid until I moved and went back as an adult b/c it wasn’t safe for young Afro-Americans to b there w/o being harassed.

LA is vastly segregated w/o it being considered “segregated.” True fact; I know u guys hear about “So. Central LA,” but in reality, there is no So. Central part of LA. So Central was a name given to the part of LA that housed the most minority and poor. It was the name given once majority of the white population left so it could distinguish itself from the more affluent areas of LA. So. Central was a Harlem Renaissance once upon a time, another area where Southern Blacks moved to for Safe Haven. That was all changed when LAPD and The Sheriffs would use 1950’s Southern tactics harassing young men and women, tactics that were still being used today, just not as prevalent. ****, LA’s first gang wasn’t the bloods or crips, it was the “Spook Hunters,” a group of white teens whose sole purpose was to hunt down young Afro-American men and women. That’s the real reason y the Crips came about to fight against them. Needless to say, a vacuum was created.

Anyways, not trying to give a history lesson or hi jack this thread...point is, racism is everywhere. U can’t sell a recruit on that, b/c even the most “liberal or diverse” cities have racism lurking. It’s not a South thing, although it’s more tolerated and in some ways perpetuated in these regions, imo.

F it, just win and create a winning culture; that’s how u get recruits. Lol.

I played for Charlie Greene and Coach Burnside. I didn’t know the Puerto Rican’s and Cubans didn’t like each other until I got to Miami. Lol

Was Delgado there as well? Anyways, I saw that you and KWC both played @ South which brought back memories of the time I took CG to Christy's 4 lunch...don't want to hijack thread being a rook so hopefully we can discuss in the Den down the road....

I was there in ‘71-‘72 and tore up my knee.Was in and out of surgery for the next 2 years which kind of ended my Baseball career.They didn’t have all the knowledge then they have now obviously.If they had I might have made it back but not with 1970’s technology.

Interesting.

Also, hate the trends I'm seeing with the current top targets with the big schools in the mix for them.

that speaks more to a mental state than what may be reality. As long as there are plans for visits for these guys we are among the big schools "in the mix".

All I take from the bama visit news is that Campbell isn't locked into UGA like most thought, and confirms that Surtain isn't locked in with LSU as was the speculation for months. If we get that visit I like our chances.

Advertisement

Interesting.

that speaks more to a mental state than what may be reality. As long as there are plans for visits for these guys we are among the big schools "in the mix".

Have the Heritage guys said if the were visited us for sure?

LMAO

So both guys want to go to Bama, but it's their relationship with each other that will stop Bama from getting both? That's some A+ homerism right there. I'm sure it'll be repeated ad nauseum by Bama fans, though

It makes so much sense that two South Florida kids will travel to Alabama on official visits together (with their families), only to reveal to complete strangers that they actually do not want to play together in college.

This may be the dumbest "inside information" that I've ever seen, and for context, I've read the OP of this thread.

LMAO

It makes so much sense that two South Florida kids will travel to Alabama on official visits together (with their families), only to reveal to complete strangers that they actually do not want to play together in college.

This may be the dumbest "inside information" that I've ever seen, and for context, I've read the OP of this thread.

It’s interesting but That’s not the first time I’ve seen that speculated though. I’m not sure why they wouldn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back