Le' Work - Beardy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
These people make a living off clicks. When you have to full up a lot of white space, a lot shlt gets thrown on the wall.

Advertisement
Am I correct that when you’re on an UV you are not allowed to do some of the things that are allowed on an OV or mingle with guys on an OV?

Reason I asked cause unless it’s taboo I’d bring as many of the kids and their families that are already signed on campus at some point to let TC And PSjr hang with all of the guys they will be playing with.Maybe throw a very LARGE cookout or something. Their peers ,especially, ones they’ve played with and know are often the best Ambassadors.

Let them get pounded from all sides as to how great the family at the U is as well to where the program is headed.

Anyone aware of the rules and particulars of what is and not allowed? Maybe Tweed or Dee or Rattler ? You guys know?

[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]

Chise...you've been pretty positive throughout the process with how we close.

Care to outline who you believe we close with in a few weeks?

All 4 Heritage kids plus Chatman, Ezzard and perhaps Bethel now that Malek had to retire. We might snag one more DT too among the group currently being recruited.

Interesting.

I'm still in Shannon-Golden mode where we close like ****.

Also, hate the trends I'm seeing with the current top targets with the big schools in the mix for them.

that speaks more to a mental state than what may be reality. As long as there are plans for visits for these guys we are among the big schools "in the mix".

I'm not sure if assuming the 5* going elsewhere isn't reality.

We had a solid finish last year, but we aren't talking 5* either. Good to even great players potentially, but not 5* kids, either. Jeff Thomas was a great get last year, but we weren't fending off Alabama and Georgia either.

Campbell is trending UGA. Surtain Jr., while I know there is an undercurrent of support for him coming here ultimately and I love getting the final visit...he just reeks of a Bama or LSU signee.

And then IF we miss out on them, I am not sure we've done a good enough job to secure backup options...it seems Bethel is it, but I am not convinced he's anything more then a potential role player at best.

The DTs we are in the mix for (sans Nesta, as I think he is a 'Cane)...we've just seen this before, with a late push for a bunch of uncommitted interior players and we end up with a lack of numbers and have to dip a little lower then anticipated just to fill them because we ultimately miss out on, essentially all of them.

I like seeing talents like Peters getting late looks, but I am just not sure how serious interest is in both sides or where he is at with other schools.

Chatfield, I'd love to think is a Canes lock, but did we get on him too late? How much interest is there in UF, FSU, Oklahoma. I don't know, but the past few years...what should be a slam dunk, has me worried.

If I had to guess, that Alabama article probably says that they are getting every player they want.

Advertisement
Lol; like I said....just wait til the guys go visit Bama and watch Bama now have the lead and UGA fans start worrying about Bama. No commitment from this trip either, yet Bama now leads “per source.” MAN,GTFOH! These “sources” are going off vibes. TC and Surtain enjoyed themselves on this trip as well.....AS THEY SHOULD. We get the final visit, and Richt got that in home just sitting there. These SEC schools have blown their load already. 02/02 is when it all comes together.

[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]

Chise...you've been pretty positive throughout the process with how we close.

Care to outline who you believe we close with in a few weeks?

All 4 Heritage kids plus Chatman, Ezzard and perhaps Bethel now that Malek had to retire. We might snag one more DT too among the group currently being recruited.

Interesting.

I'm still in Shannon-Golden mode where we close like ****.

Also, hate the trends I'm seeing with the current top targets with the big schools in the mix for them.

They wouldn't be "top targets" if they weren't in the mix for them.

The early has changed the crooting game a bit (jus listen to Nick the Creep moaning with that freakin dog-assed face of his). In the "old days" (lol last year) Gold**** would have had everybody "committed" right about now only to get basically shut out with them @ NSD, and usually with the drama **** of announcing the "flip" on some media or other. This is done, like a Gorilla will stomp on you a few extra jus to let you know who boss), to show Dominance over you plain and simple.

Now, most teams tried to lock em up in the early (I think We,Ga and OHS seem to have done among the best in terms of both ouality and #s ) and a few like Bama are scrambling to catch-up while the others can "sniper" the few remaining targets (4 and 5s) they need to round up their best class possible.

I posted earlier that I thought CMR1 is leading us to a NSD Media Splash like no other Storm we've seen around here for more than a decade to be a little kind. I know the Franchise who seems to be one of the most knowledgeable posters has said the same and I think still sees it that way.

This is not rose colored glasses Gold**** stuff, this is MR who already has pulled in more talent in 2 years than we have in the last 10 (and this is no disrespect to ALL the Canes who played during that time @ all). If we don't land all 4 or whatever, no reason to dump, just remember where we were and how far we've come back.

I pick 69 in my titles for a number of reasons, not least of which is the slogan of the Amazin Mets: "U gotta Believe".

Last edited:
Lol; like I said....just wait til the guys go visit Bama and watch Bama now have the lead and UGA fans start worrying about Bama. No commitment from this trip either, yet Bama now leads “per source.” MAN,GTFOH! These “sources” are going off vibes. TC and Surtain enjoyed themselves on this trip as well.....AS THEY SHOULD. We get the final visit, and Richt got that in home just sitting there. These SEC schools have blown their load already. 02/02 is when it all comes together.

This is what I think As well, saban already used his visit last week and the don’t have a relationship with the other bama coaches like that since Jeremy Pruitt the dc and Derrick Ansley the db coach are now gone so who would they send in for an in home visit to recruit them? Hope Kirby visits Campbell sooner than later to get that out the way too. Richt stills has the official visit weekend, in home visits as well to use

If I had to guess, that Alabama article probably says that they are getting every player they want.

giphy (10).gif

Advertisement
From UGA wirter on 247

spoke with someone last night who spent some time with Campbell on his visit. Apparently he views rumph at Miami as a high school coach/friend and isn't sure he can develop him for the NFL. He believes Kirby/Mel will do a better job teaching him technique, coverage's, scheme. That along with our huge advantage in strength and Conditioning (Miami isn't even Close), and his friendship with Coley is what has turned him to UGA. I asked about Alabama and he basically told me that Campbell knows Alabama can do everything for him that UGA can but he feels like Kirby/Mel/Coley are easier to talk to and will mentor him better than Saban. TIFWIW but this is what I was told.

From UGA wirter on 247

spoke with someone last night who spent some time with Campbell on his visit. Apparently he views rumph at Miami as a high school coach/friend and isn't sure he can develop him for the NFL. He believes Kirby/Mel will do a better job teaching him technique, coverage's, scheme. That along with our huge advantage in strength and Conditioning (Miami isn't even Close), and his friendship with Coley is what has turned him to UGA. I asked about Alabama and he basically told me that Campbell knows Alabama can do everything for him that UGA can but he feels like Kirby/Mel/Coley are easier to talk to and will mentor him better than Saban. TIFWIW but this is what I was told.

So he doesn’t think Rumph is a coach who can make him elite for the NFL

So our S&C program although improved isn’t $EC level and Tyson knows it.

Great.

Its funny what college football has turned into. Kids basically see what teams are in the final four of the cfp to make their own final four commit list. Very few 5 stars want to go to a school to become legendary. To carry a program. The want to walk on campus already guaranteed a spot in the playoff. Its weak

From UGA wirter on 247

Great.

Can someone call up Adrian Colbert....

Advertisement
From UGA wirter on 247

Great.

This sounds like a pre-written script that they use ALL the time to croot against us. Not going to work this time I say!!! Damit, if what we had for all our great DBs who have excelled in League (Artie jus one of the latest) then we sure as **** have way more now.

Ha!!! Considering Richt built UGA's strength program over 15 years and brought one of his guys with him...this is a joke. On the Rumph thing, it's possible but not probable considering the guy played at a super high level in college and was a first round draft pick.

From UGA wirter on 247

That’s not coming from a uga writer either, it’s from a poster on their board. This sounds made up at best. Rumph was a 1st round draft pick in the league and in his first coached 2 cbs that were drafted yet he doesn’t know coverages according to this poster? Yeah thats fan made up period

Last edited:
Advertisement
From UGA wirter on 247

That’s not coming from a uga writer either, it’s from a poster on their board. This sounds made up at best. Rumph was a 1st round draft pick in the league and in his first coached 2 cbs that were drafted yet he doesn’t know coverages according to this poster? Yeah thats fan made up period

LOL. Good intel brock. People here so nervous for news they believe some trailer park hick on his third post ever on UGA's board. Yall need to chill man. We got visits lined upwith them, that's all that matters. Let **** play out

Ha!!! Considering Richt built UGA's strength program over 15 years and brought one of his guys with him...this is a joke. On the Rumph thing, it's possible but not probable considering the guy played at a super high level in college and was a first round draft pick.

if you listen to UGA fans its almost as if they believe smart built their program from scratch. smart was handed a corvette and all it needed was a tune up.

as to the optimism here on the finish, i hate to be a debbie downer but i get the opposite feeling. we will close with a couple of guys but PS and TC are not going to be in this class. i've seen this story so many times. to use a popular term on this board and cartoon land, i am not falling for the banana in the tailpipe again.

Last edited:
From UGA wirter on 247

Like calling Cover 2 on 2nd and long in OT with the NC on the line and the corner not getting a jam on the outside WR vertical release while the safety widens too late?

Clinical technique :monkey-serious:

From UGA wirter on 247

Like calling Cover 2 on 2nd and long in OT with the NC on the line and the corner not getting a jam on the outside WR vertical release while the safety widens too late?

Clinical technique :monkey-serious:

Sounds like something coley would say to a kid to negative recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back