Le' Work - Beardy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can disagree about the level of racism in various parts of the South, or America for that matter, all day long.

But y’all are outa yer minds to compare any other parts of the South to 5hithole Alabama.

I would love to put up the name of the gas station in Alabama that tell black players they have to go elsewhere for gas. I'm just saying, some of these kids don't care, because to them it's all about the bag. Most politicians in the south are in the clan, and a lot of boosters are too. It's the good o'l boys club, but they control the bags. Look at Saban and his 5 rings at Bama. In the end as long as the kids get a good education and are able to get a job to contribute positively to this Country I'm behind them. Most people in the clan aren't even racist. It's a fraternity. Life is about Yin and Yang.

Advertisement
People on this board need to stop with the racism propaganda. I was raised in Mississippi. My dad went to the U. I went to the U. We both live back in Mississippi. Racism, while it exist, isn’t anymore prevalent in Mississippi than it is in Miami. I’ve seen it first hand in both places, but not to the extent people in here make it out to be. My daughter goes to Mississippi State, she came home this weekend, I asked her how prevalent it is on campus, she said, she doesn’t see it. If we don’t get a recruit I’m as disappointed as the next guy, but the they are all a bunch of racist is a pitiful excuse
has

What part of MS u from? My family is from there as well. My dad loves it and plans on retiring back there.
I live in Biloxi, on the Coast. My dad is from the Delta, the poorest place in the State. He played RB for Milsaps(if you ever heard of that college). I played baseball at Miami Dade South, before going to Miami.

My daughter and grandkids live in Biloxi.She grew up there so I spent a lot of time over there.( I was divorced from her mom) great place without a hint of racism that I ever saw.

I also played at Dade South under Charlie Green.Ron Polk was the pitching coach when I was there.

I’d be willing to bet it was a few years before you were there..lol

People on this board need to stop with the racism propaganda. I was raised in Mississippi. My dad went to the U. I went to the U. We both live back in Mississippi. Racism, while it exist, isn’t anymore prevalent in Mississippi than it is in Miami. I’ve seen it first hand in both places, but not to the extent people in here make it out to be. My daughter goes to Mississippi State, she came home this weekend, I asked her how prevalent it is on campus, she said, she doesn’t see it. If we don’t get a recruit I’m as disappointed as the next guy, but the they are all a bunch of racist is a pitiful excuse
has

What part of MS u from? My family is from there as well. My dad loves it and plans on retiring back there.
I live in Biloxi, on the Coast. My dad is from the Delta, the poorest place in the State. He played RB for Milsaps(if you ever heard of that college). I played baseball at Miami Dade South, before going to Miami.

My daughter and grandkids live in Biloxi.She grew up there so I spent a lot of time over there.( I was divirced from her mom) great place without a hint of racism that I ever saw.

I also played at Dade South under Charlie Green.Ron Polk was the pitching coach when I was there.

like there is no racism in the northeast? people in the northeast just figured out how to subtly segregate their neighborhoods.

Gables isn't TusKKKaloosa, but we have fans that are racists.

@CoRch Macho, u should know that when u post something positive, your dek gets sucked. When it's negative, it's a bloodbath. Anyone that posts info, good or bad, has to have thick skin and don't take anything personal. It's all emotional when it comes to recruiting.

I’m not sure that immediate playing time is the major issue anymore.These kids claim it is then drag their azzes to a place like Bama that’s got 3-4 5* stacked in front of them.
Someone please explain this to me.

We have immediate playing time for either of the two young men.The other places in play it’s not so certain.Lets take money out of the equation cause evidently it isn’t in play with either kid.
Both kids have a chance to play at home and play in front of friends and family for a coach that their parents respect and they have been coached by for years,and a HC That their parents supposedly also respect.
For a school on the rise that if they help bring back to the top they can be immortalized as part of the next 30/30 as the class that brought The U Back.

Why the FCK is there even a question as to what school these kids attend.Doesnt make any sense at all UNLESS RUMPH indeed is the problem and they don’t want to play for him.

Why wouldnt they want to play for rumph? What did he do to them?

I understand there must be a scapegoat in many peoples minds, and the easy one for everyone is Rumph because of the AH connection. Maybe just maybe they don't want to go to school in south florida anymore? Y does it have to be they don't want to play for Rumph?

The crazy part for me( & its tough as a life long cane) is to admit some of these kids go on ov & see what a real college atmosphere is like & they get hooked. Im not gonna lie. Its something we justbdont have the ability to sell. Hundred plus thousand people camping out all weekend and tailgating up until kick off. Knowing the entire town bleeds ur schools sports & nothing else... its a legit sale.

It’s also a legit sale to play for the most elite football brotherhood in football.
In one of the most international cities in America. No college party scene trumps spring break down here. Or memorial weekend. Or winter music fest. I could go on but I’ll digress. Been to uf and fsu back in my day to visit friends. No way I would skip out to go there or to tuskkkaloosa or Athens. If your a good ole boy we have the davie rodeo, the best fishing in the world and you can go 4 wheeling and hunting in the glades. No competition. Don’t even get me started on the women down here. Can’t even go to publix without seeing hot women.

100% agree. I never dreamed of doing it a different way.

Advertisement
has

My daughter and grandkids live in Biloxi.She grew up there so I spent a lot of time over there.( I was divirced from her mom) great place without a hint of racism that I ever saw.

like there is no racism in the northeast? people in the northeast just figured out how to subtly segregate their neighborhoods.

Speaking from what I've seen personally, upstate New York has more confederate flags than most places down south. No joke.

I understand there must be a scapegoat in many peoples minds, and the easy one for everyone is Rumph because of the AH connection. Maybe just maybe they don't want to go to school in south florida anymore? Y does it have to be they don't want to play for Rumph?

The crazy part for me( & its tough as a life long cane) is to admit some of these kids go on ov & see what a real college atmosphere is like & they get hooked. Im not gonna lie. Its something we justbdont have the ability to sell. Hundred plus thousand people camping out all weekend and tailgating up until kick off. Knowing the entire town bleeds ur schools sports & nothing else... its a legit sale.

It’s also a legit sale to play for the most elite football brotherhood in football.
In one of the most international cities in America. No college party scene trumps spring break down here. Or memorial weekend. Or winter music fest. I could go on but I’ll digress. Been to uf and fsu back in my day to visit friends. No way I would skip out to go there or to tuskkkaloosa or Athens. If your a good ole boy we have the davie rodeo, the best fishing in the world and you can go 4 wheeling and hunting in the glades. No competition. Don’t even get me started on the women down here. Can’t even go to publix without seeing hot women.

you think brooklyn is a recruit or something? you think you need to sale HIM or UM?

I know who he is (not personally). But recruits read this board. And his voice carries weight. Just offering a counterpoint to this “college experience” narrative. Colbert went to Texas for Christ sake and wanted to know if his injury let him have another year of eligibility. That dude loved it here and recruited for us. Not to mention he was about to look for a 9-5 if we didn’t get a hold of him.

Adrian still helps recruit for us. Thats ones of the most die hard canes youll come across. I have no issue with what you said. Its true. Im simply saying for the people who can't fathom the opposite. But its real. Not too knit pick either as the majority of the stuff you mentioned ive been there, done that and enjoyed it all. However you're fooling yourself if you think the majority of that relates to the kids were recruiting. Personally i think we have far less minuses than most universities but they all have perks.

I’m not sure that immediate playing time is the major issue anymore.These kids claim it is then drag their azzes to a place like Bama that’s got 3-4 5* stacked in front of them.
Someone please explain this to me.

We have immediate playing time for either of the two young men.The other places in play it’s not so certain.Lets take money out of the equation cause evidently it isn’t in play with either kid.
Both kids have a chance to play at home and play in front of friends and family for a coach that their parents respect and they have been coached by for years,and a HC That their parents supposedly also respect.
For a school on the rise that if they help bring back to the top they can be immortalized as part of the next 30/30 as the class that brought The U Back.

Why the FCK is there even a question as to what school these kids attend.Doesnt make any sense at all UNLESS RUMPH indeed is the problem and they don’t want to play for him.

Understand what you're saying but it's also a dime a dozen experience across college football and CERTAINLY not unique in any aspect to Athens or the entire SEC. I could randomly pick almost any gameday experience/town love affair from the Big and Slow Ten and it'd dwarf what these kids are running to in the SEC. The only difference is you're more likely to get lynched if you run into some "fans" of the program 15 mins outside of the SEC college town.

**** yeah. For me one of the trips i went on (because i was piping the captain of their gymnastics squad)was to Michigan. I gotta say never once did i ever dream of going anywhere but um. But good lord was the michigan ohio state gameday atmosphere absurd. Like nothing ive ever seen. But for me & for those of us who come here were a different breed. Theres something about here & the brotherhood we have with each other that could never be replaced by a bunch of strangers.

Advertisement
He is calling Coach Macho Macho Man girl-shouldered

Nah. Im just saying hes one of the people who takes issue with me on a semi regular basis. Yet all im doing is saying whats come across me. If ever its just an opinion based on what ive heard i say this is an opinion. Yet im attacked on a regular. People here what they want to.

I don't take issue with anybody on here that doesn't take issue with me first.
I don't know what you're talking about.

The irony... cause Dee has the softest shoulders on here

Lmao... what a lame you are child. My shoulders are soft because youre statements provide me amusement? My shoulders do just fine. Enjoy your battle tested keyboard critiques though. I wish i could just be 2% more like you.

Like I said ...

Understand what you're saying but it's also a dime a dozen experience across college football and CERTAINLY not unique in any aspect to Athens or the entire SEC. I could randomly pick almost any gameday experience/town love affair from the Big and Slow Ten and it'd dwarf what these kids are running to in the SEC. The only difference is you're more likely to get lynched if you run into some "fans" of the program 15 mins outside of the SEC college town.

**** yeah. For me one of the trips i went on (because i was piping the captain of their gymnastics squad)was to Michigan. I gotta say never once did i ever dream of going anywhere but um. But good lord was the michigan ohio state gameday atmosphere absurd. Like nothing ive ever seen. But for me & for those of us who come here were a different breed. Theres something about here & the brotherhood we have with each other that could never be replaced by a bunch of strangers.

That brotherhood doesn’t seem to be the same as when you were coming up Dee...These kids will Go ANYWHERE

He is calling Coach Macho Macho Man girl-shouldered

Nah. Im just saying hes one of the people who takes issue with me on a semi regular basis. Yet all im doing is saying whats come across me. If ever its just an opinion based on what ive heard i say this is an opinion. Yet im attacked on a regular. People here what they want to.

I don't take issue with anybody on here that doesn't take issue with me first.
I don't know what you're talking about.

I have no issue with you or anyone that criticizes something ou've said add we all have our own opinions and some people on here simply can't fathom what goes on in the background. You having a career in coaching I'd assume you'd understand it more than most. But theres been several times you had something to say about me or more accurately me speaking on whatever topic we were speaking about. If i remember correctly one of the times was about sitkowski & his manipulating of staff and recruits.

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. Even when I do get into spats with posters on here, I forget about it quickly. I honestly don't remember most of the people I have disagreements with. (other than Piccalo. I'd like to kick him in his face)

I know you came at me sideways a couple weeks ago. I don't even remember what it was about. I don't really care. Water under the bridge. I try to start each day on a new slate. As far as I'm concerned you're good with me.

I don't remember what you're talking about but if I was a d!ck then I apologize.

We gucci. Thats what sucks about these forums. Context can be mistook easily. Likewise on my behalf.

Advertisement
has

Speaking from what I've seen personally, upstate New York has more confederate flags than most places down south. No joke.

Look; I’m from Chicago and So. Central LA....Chicago may be one of the most racist cities in America. Illinois was one of the first states that slaves migrated to and they were treated hella bad. There’s an invisible line in Chicago that divides the North and South sides. ****, I didn’t even know what Downtown Chicago looked like as a kid until I moved and went back as an adult b/c it wasn’t safe for young Afro-Americans to b there w/o being harassed.

LA is vastly segregated w/o it being considered “segregated.” True fact; I know u guys hear about “So. Central LA,” but in reality, there is no So. Central part of LA. So Central was a name given to the part of LA that housed the most minority and poor. It was the name given once majority of the white population left so it could distinguish itself from the more affluent areas of LA. So. Central was a Harlem Renaissance once upon a time, another area where Southern Blacks moved to for Safe Haven. That was all changed when LAPD and The Sheriffs would use 1950’s Southern tactics harassing young men and women, tactics that were still being used today, just not as prevalent. ****, LA’s first gang wasn’t the bloods or crips, it was the “Spook Hunters,” a group of white teens whose sole purpose was to hunt down young Afro-American men and women. That’s the real reason y the Crips came about to fight against them. Needless to say, a vacuum was created.

Anyways, not trying to give a history lesson or hi jack this thread...point is, racism is everywhere. U can’t sell a recruit on that, b/c even the most “liberal or diverse” cities have racism lurking. It’s not a South thing, although it’s more tolerated and in some ways perpetuated in these regions, imo.

F it, just win and create a winning culture; that’s how u get recruits. Lol.

That brotherhood doesn’t seem to be the same as when you were coming up Dee...These kids will Go ANYWHERE

Its on its way back. One thing i was forced to come to grips with during my nephews recruitment was (up until at best the last 2 years) we had become a second tier program. We were living in a vacuum due to numerous airings of 30 for 30 yet our players & our fans still felt entitled due to our past which honestly these last few staffs failed to embrace. Kids looked at us nationally like syracuse or rutgers. It was embarrassing yet in order to change it we had to embrace what we became. Only way to change that is to take it head on.when i first started talking to my nephew about us he didnt even comprehend what it meant to put on this u. He didnt know our traditions or our past. For him its always been unc knows everybody & does this & that. He didnt know what it comes from. I literally had to start schooling him on old game tapes and bringing him around when we all get together before he realized the pride we have & how he had the oppurtunity to be a part of something very special that he can be a building block of. Thats why i laugh at these charecters on here who say im so negative & complain about the staff. I express myself to coach & the rest of the staff on a daily every oppurtunity i can. They are salvation for those of us who are real canes. They took us from a very dark time & are fighting to get us back where we belong against even our own idiot zealots. They understand we all have opinions or critiques. But when its all said and done a fan can express their expectations. We simply account for our standards. Some cant understand that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our game day experience is as good as anywhere in the country when the team is rolling. ND players said it was the most raucous place they've ever played at.

The VT and ND games were a sampling of what our home field will be when we start winning consistently and competing for championships. We will do that when the local kids like Surtain and Campbell decide to put on for their city and not some flimsy redneck KKK town in the middle of nowhere where they'll never stay.

Since 95% of the clowns that post here weren’t at the games, they don’t know about our game day atmosphere at those games.

VT and ND are the 2 best times, most fun, and most religious experiences I’ve had in the last ten years outside of a couple of hours I spent helping the milf next door set up her dvd.

I always add the moment the skies opened up and it started to pour against GT to that "religious experience" column. The place had a palpable constant electricity from there on out.

Yea it did. It was so weird. It just charged everybody up. It’s so hard to explain unless you were there. That was fun as well.

It’s so great to talk to people that actually attend games and are actual fans rather than the constant bītching and negativity. Over the many years I’ve read message boards, I honestly don’t think they accurately represent the actual fanbase. Those people who manage to get up off their asses to go to games, home or away.

This is what I tried to explain to my two boys. Both came with to every home game sans Cuse. It was the first time both of them got the experience I chirped about since birth. I have an 8 and 12 year old if that frames it. Most fun I’ve had in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back