Le' Work - Beardy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
These kids need to talk to me. I lived by Kirby during his playing days at UGA and he was a southern redneck in a redneck fraternity. Absolutely, never hung out with any of his black teammates. I can't believe he is where he is today. Jermaine Phillips knocked up his sister and he was furious and it wasn't because she was pregnant. He flat out didn't associate with people of color. Again, can't believe he has made it to this point.

recruits considering Bama, Georgia etc. should be sent this video of a 'Bama "girl" expressing her views regarding race. i am not suggesting this is the norm, but it is not uncommon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_iBxxrNAEU

This girl is from NJ.

It’s sad and fvcked up, these schools are racist breeding grounds but the other coin of that reality is that as long as Bama is winning these kids don’t care. They care about the winning and the perception that is their best path to the league. I mean some of these Bama players stop associating with the school after they leave, they don’t care it was a business decision where they feel they made the right decision. The loyalty isn’t to Bama or wherever their hometown is, it’s to themselves. We continue winning and we will continue getting more kids. Kids like Pope, Hall, Lo, Mallory, Scaife and J Williams would be at other schools but not this year and with this staff.
There is zero doubt this staff is competent and they are making this program a force again. The only debate is will Richt be able to take us over that final hump but that’s a discussion for a different time.

Advertisement
I’m not sure that immediate playing time is the major issue anymore.These kids claim it is then drag their azzes to a place like Bama that’s got 3-4 5* stacked in front of them.
Someone please explain this to me.

We have immediate playing time for either of the two young men.The other places in play it’s not so certain.Lets take money out of the equation cause evidently it isn’t in play with either kid.
Both kids have a chance to play at home and play in front of friends and family for a coach that their parents respect and they have been coached by for years,and a HC That their parents supposedly also respect.
For a school on the rise that if they help bring back to the top they can be immortalized as part of the next 30/30 as the class that brought The U Back.

Why the FCK is there even a question as to what school these kids attend.Doesnt make any sense at all UNLESS RUMPH indeed is the problem and they don’t want to play for him.

Why wouldnt they want to play for rumph? What did he do to them?

I understand there must be a scapegoat in many peoples minds, and the easy one for everyone is Rumph because of the AH connection. Maybe just maybe they don't want to go to school in south florida anymore? Y does it have to be they don't want to play for Rumph?

The crazy part for me( & its tough as a life long cane) is to admit some of these kids go on ov & see what a real college atmosphere is like & they get hooked. Im not gonna lie. Its something we justbdont have the ability to sell. Hundred plus thousand people camping out all weekend and tailgating up until kick off. Knowing the entire town bleeds ur schools sports & nothing else... its a legit sale.

I agree for the big games most of the state pretty much shuts down for Bama games, they might not all be there but they're watching. They do have a nice campus and that small town feeling too. That being said there would be zero chance that I'd go there or anywhere else over Coral Gables with the keys, fishing, beaches, clubs right at your finger tips. Not counting the best weather by far in the country in the winter. SF has so much more to offer it would be hard to pass up.

The crazy part for me( & its tough as a life long cane) is to admit some of these kids go on ov & see what a real college atmosphere is like & they get hooked. Im not gonna lie. Its something we justbdont have the ability to sell. Hundred plus thousand people camping out all weekend and tailgating up until kick off. Knowing the entire town bleeds ur schools sports & nothing else... its a legit sale.

It’s also a legit sale to play for the most elite football brotherhood in football.
In one of the most international cities in America. No college party scene trumps spring break down here. Or memorial weekend. Or winter music fest. I could go on but I’ll digress. Been to uf and fsu back in my day to visit friends. No way I would skip out to go there or to tuskkkaloosa or Athens. If your a good ole boy we have the davie rodeo, the best fishing in the world and you can go 4 wheeling and hunting in the glades. No competition. Don’t even get me started on the women down here. Can’t even go to publix without seeing hot women.

you think brooklyn is a recruit or something? you think you need to sale HIM or UM?

I know who he is (not personally). But recruits read this board. And his voice carries weight. Just offering a counterpoint to this “college experience” narrative. Colbert went to Texas for Christ sake and wanted to know if his injury let him have another year of eligibility. That dude loved it here and recruited for us. Not to mention he was about to look for a 9-5 if we didn’t get a hold of him.

I know what you're saying I am just mentioning in my post that there are some kids that just want to leave south florida for school. People want to blame Rumph instead of thinking the kid just wanted to leave. They have lived it their whole lives and just want to experience something different.

I had 2 close friends that went through the recruiting experience from my highschool, one was Mr. Football his senior year in FL and an army all-american. The stories he would tell of his visits made me want to be a highly touted recruit instead of a walk-on. I even went with him on an unofficial to UF for the FSU UF game for a free ticket (Miami was away at Pitt that weekend). The fact of the matter is that was over a decade ago and I can only imagine how it goes for recruits now. Some kids like the limelight and being in a town where you THE show.

Also, I hear you on the women in Publix in South Florida, but be for real, a lot of these kids don't have 2 nickels to rub together so getting women in South Florida as opposed to college coeds in SEC land where they through themselves at you is also something these kids like. Again these are 17-18 year olds who get big eyes when they get to an area where the town revolves around the school and you are the celebrity.

If woman were are problem then no one would come. These are 18 year olds were dealing with. Again, Adrain Colbert went to the epitome of “college experience” in the Texas Longhorns and wanted another year of eligibility here for an elbow injury. Didn’t even care about the draft. I’m pretty sure he had no problems with coeds in Texas.
To quote Jonathan Vilma “if you think we needed nevin shapiro to get alcohol and women your crazy”.
Being a college athlete at um is nowhere the same thing as playing highschool. This other narrative that playing for UM is like the 13th grade is crazy.
Ask any former sofla athlete that went to UM if it was anywhere near the same experience as playing for/living near southridge or Deerfield. Even Dj Ivey talked about how different it felt to OV as apposed to just visiting.

SFL recruits don't and shouldn't have to be "sold" on going to UM. Rumphs impact already speaks for itself and Coach Richt is one of the best head coaches in cfb.

Some of you idiots think these kids are some brainless zombies that have to be micromanaged in order to think and function.

If Campbell and Surtain don't commit it's bc they simply don't care about repping the home team. Has nothing to do with someone's inability to recruit fools.

These kids need to talk to me. I lived by Kirby during his playing days at UGA and he was a southern redneck in a redneck fraternity. Absolutely, never hung out with any of his black teammates. I can't believe he is where he is today. Jermaine Phillips knocked up his sister and he was furious and it wasn't because she was pregnant. He flat out didn't associate with people of color. Again, can't believe he has made it to this point.

recruits considering Bama, Georgia etc. should be sent this video of a 'Bama "girl" expressing her views regarding race. i am not suggesting this is the norm, but it is not uncommon.

This girl is from NJ.

And she chose to attend school at Alabama

Look at her now spewing racist crap to impress some of her Alabama schoolmates.

Atrocious. She was raised that way...with that anger and that hate. This is the result when children are taught this way by parental example from a young age. Nice legacy they left the world.

Edit: I saw on wiki that this girl was kicked out of Alpha Phi, her sorority, as well as from the University.

I also saw that her mother said she deserved it and that this isn't how she was raised. Fwiw.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why wouldnt they want to play for rumph? What did he do to them?

Didn’t say it was....just asked IF it was.....it’s well known that Rumph bad mouthed the U big time while he was in charge there.You me or most anyone else knows exactly WHAT was said but maybe it’s something that these kids can’t get past or that Rumph is having a problem smoothing over or backpedaling from.Thats not just with these two but any of the AH4.All Of then should be signed sealed and delivered for what’s available and in front of them.

I mentioned all the positives that Miami offered the kids along with the one main positive that usually sets the tone in Immediate PT.Im looking for someone else to come up with a reason we are having such a hard time with them.Not looking for a scapegoat.Just looking for anyone else’s ideas.

Once again you are talking about made up shît by fans to make them feel better about guys just not wanting to go to miami. Nesta said rumph used to talk to him about miami all the time but the old staff had no interest in him. But yeah keep the lies going about the guy for no reason.

Lies..I guess him threatening to kick Cane Coaches off campus were lies too huh.....lol....man just...never mind not getting into it with idiots.

Brother theres no need for this right here its just context where you two are off. Yes mike did that. But what people dont realize is he never once did anything with um as an institution being negatively spoken upon. What mike & all of us would do is speak on the staff we had in place and how they werent a staff capable of running our program anywhere but into the dirt. In all honesty golden wouldve been fine. He was just loyal to his staff before he was to these kids & the university. He was literally destroying the program with his stubbornness & refusal to do what he knew needed to be done.from his forced strength training philosophies which were catered to the pudgy northern athletes & dealing with winter. To nodnofrito & his incessant zone defenses & lack of aggression which also catered to the less athletic type. His style of coaching was catered to the big ten not the acc. Now people are mad at mike because he spoke out on what was wrong because it was the only way he could help to fix it. Rather than he simply let the few of his kids we went after come destroy their careers in systems they would never see their full potential in... Bug difference from him saying this school is trash and they dont deserve you. He let it be known that staff was incompetent from the ground up.

Dee if you read my post I said that no one knew what was said and only asked IF this could have been part of the problem we are having I didn’t say he HAD said something .I only said that with Us having the one thing these kids hold as holy ,PT ,why where we having so much trouble getting them here and IF MAYBE something he said might have contributed to their being so non committal.Obviously from what has been said by you and others it wasn’t.I even went so far as to explain WHY I even brought it up and apologized for asking the question.

Unlike some I don’t hold Rumph solely responsible if they don’t come.But with us having everything to offer,other than bags which supposedly aren’t in play here,why don’t they want to play here.Theres got to be another outlier in play here and I just wondered if maybe something he had said had been part of that outlier.

Kids are gonna do what kids are gonna do and they are gonna do it for the wildest of reasons.

I’m hoping we get all 4 on signing day.But if we don’t I’m happy with who the staff ,including Rumph ,has brought in to play .

You’ll have to explain it to me. I’m slow as fūck today for some reason.

He is calling Coach Macho Macho Man girl-shouldered

Nah. Im just saying hes one of the people who takes issue with me on a semi regular basis. Yet all im doing is saying whats come across me. If ever its just an opinion based on what ive heard i say this is an opinion. Yet im attacked on a regular. People here what they want to.

I don't take issue with anybody on here that doesn't take issue with me first.
I don't know what you're talking about.

I have no issue with you or anyone that criticizes something ou've said add we all have our own opinions and some people on here simply can't fathom what goes on in the background. You having a career in coaching I'd assume you'd understand it more than most. But theres been several times you had something to say about me or more accurately me speaking on whatever topic we were speaking about. If i remember correctly one of the times was about sitkowski & his manipulating of staff and recruits.

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. Even when I do get into spats with posters on here, I forget about it quickly. I honestly don't remember most of the people I have disagreements with. (other than Piccalo. I'd like to kick him in his face)

I know you came at me sideways a couple weeks ago. I don't even remember what it was about. I don't really care. Water under the bridge. I try to start each day on a new slate. As far as I'm concerned you're good with me.

I don't remember what you're talking about but if I was a d!ck then I apologize.

This girl is from NJ.

Atrocious. She was raised that way...with that anger and that hate. This is the result when children are taught this way by parental example from a young age. Nice legacy they left the world.

Edit: I saw on wiki that this girl was kicked out of Alpha Phi, her sorority, as well as from the University.

I also saw that get mother said she deserved it and that this isn't how she was raised. Fwiw.

exactly. kids aren't born racists. it is learned behavior.

t

Lol it’s not made up. Go listen to some old interviews with rumph on 560 or 790 when Golden was the coach. Dude talked some real bullsh*t

There is a difference between talking shît and giving factual staments on a situation.

No he straight up lied on air about UM’s recruiting efforts making us look bad. Not to say that rumph’s past has a lot to do with our struggles recruiting Campbell or surtain jr. but he definitely had a period of bad mouthing our program. Regardless of what he thought of Golden that’s just not being a good alum

I doubt it was lie whatever he said about the recruiting efforts. Several local coaches was in the herald talking about the staff lack of recruiting and how they didn't see the staff around much.

Which was all BS by them too because Goldens staff recruited their asses off

Ehhhh, that's questionable. I mean, they were better than Shannon's staff. I never even saw one of his coaches around town. Golden's staff used to make random visits even if we didn't have a prospect for them. They were fishing. (saw D'Onofrio at 2 different schools that I coached at)

I have been told that their efforts at Heritage were not good though. Heard that the Sony recruitment was blown by them. They also didn't offer Isiah McKenzie, which AH coaches were perplexed by.

Advertisement
There is a difference between talking shît and giving factual staments on a situation.

No he straight up lied on air about UM’s recruiting efforts making us look bad. Not to say that rumph’s past has a lot to do with our struggles recruiting Campbell or surtain jr. but he definitely had a period of bad mouthing our program. Regardless of what he thought of Golden that’s just not being a good alum

I doubt it was lie whatever he said about the recruiting efforts. Several local coaches was in the herald talking about the staff lack of recruiting and how they didn't see the staff around much.

Which was all BS by them too because Goldens staff recruited their asses off

Ehhhh, that's questionable. I mean, they were better than Shannon's staff. I never even saw one of his coaches around town. Golden's staff used to make random visits even if we didn't have a prospect for them. They were fishing. (saw D'Onofrio at 2 different schools that I coached at)

I have been told that their efforts at Heritage were not good though. Heard that the Sony recruitment was blown by them. They also didn't offer Isiah McKenzie, which AH coaches were perplexed by.

Shannon hated recruited. he had recruited even when he was an Asst. Coach.

This girl is from NJ.

But she says she’s in the South now so she can say that all she wants. She basically just admitted the South gives her a free pass to express her racist believes.

Our game day experience is as good as anywhere in the country when the team is rolling. ND players said it was the most raucous place they've ever played at.

The VT and ND games were a sampling of what our home field will be when we start winning consistently and competing for championships. We will do that when the local kids like Surtain and Campbell decide to put on for their city and not some flimsy redneck KKK town in the middle of nowhere where they'll never stay.

Since 95% of the clowns that post here weren’t at the games, they don’t know about our game day atmosphere at those games.

VT and ND are the 2 best times, most fun, and most religious experiences I’ve had in the last ten years outside of a couple of hours I spent helping the milf next door set up her dvd.

VT and ND was the closet thing to the OB I’ve seen since 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

This girl is from NJ.

I also saw that her mother said she deserved it and that this isn't how she was raised. Fwiw.

This will follow that piece of trash half her life if not more. An employer see's that and she's done. She gets married and has kids explain that to them, GL with that. Some things in life you just can't take back. That's not a mistake it's hate. Like I've said before there is room in this country for people like this.

This girl is from NJ.

But she says she’s in the South now so she can say that all she wants. She basically just admitted the South gives her a free pass to express her racist believes.

So she thought, but proven wrong!

SFL recruits don't and shouldn't have to be "sold" on going to UM. Rumphs impact already speaks for itself and Coach Richt is one of the best head coaches in cfb.

Some of you idiots think these kids are some brainless zombies that have to be micromanaged in order to think and function.

If Campbell and Surtain don't commit it's bc they simply don't care about repping the home team. Has nothing to do with someone's inability to recruit fools.

Great post!

Advertisement

This girl is from NJ.

Until the South kicked her out of school

People on this board need to stop with the racism propaganda. I was raised in Mississippi. My dad went to the U. I went to the U. We both live back in Mississippi. Racism, while it exist, isn’t anymore prevalent in Mississippi than it is in Miami. I’ve seen it first hand in both places, but not to the extent people in here make it out to be. My daughter goes to Mississippi State, she came home this weekend, I asked her how prevalent it is on campus, she said, she doesn’t see it. If we don’t get a recruit I’m as disappointed as the next guy, but the they are all a bunch of racist is a pitiful excuse

LOL that an idiot posts some nonsense and it becomes 23 pages.

Now I'm an idiot cause I posted some inside info from a buddy who coaches at the kid's schools.

STFU.

Don't take the bait Macho. The rational and reasonable among us know you're just trying to provide as much info as possible and we appreciate it. It's only the little girls in dresses on this site who hang on every single action or word of freaking 17-18 year old kids.

People on this board need to stop with the racism propaganda. I was raised in Mississippi. My dad went to the U. I went to the U. We both live back in Mississippi. Racism, while it exist, isn’t anymore prevalent in Mississippi than it is in Miami. I’ve seen it first hand in both places, but not to the extent people in here make it out to be. My daughter goes to Mississippi State, she came home this weekend, I asked her how prevalent it is on campus, she said, she doesn’t see it. If we don’t get a recruit I’m as disappointed as the next guy, but the they are all a bunch of racist is a pitiful excuse

White liberals have this weird liberal versus conservative shtick where they act like black ppl dont know they are racist too. They may not be KKK March rally racist but they're still Trayvon Martin was a thug racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back