Le' Work - Beardy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nesta

“I’ve known Coach Rumph since I was about six years old, so he coached me up in pop warner and coached me at American-Heritage, so he’s always been in my ear about Miami.”

And he’s coached TC since optimist,Called him a mentor and a father figure but may be headed elsewhere.....sooooo?

Campbell just doesn't want to be at miami then. But continue the lies about rumph talking shît about miami or the heritage dudes hating him.

This. The fools on this board continue to blame the adult coaches busting their asses to sell unpredictable 17 year old kids that in the end do what they want to do.

Rumph admitted at the end of last season in one of his interviews that he thought he could have done better recruiting. I don't remember the exact words but something about the way he was dealing with those kids. Some of the criticism or Rumph recruiting is warranted.

Advertisement
I’m not sure that immediate playing time is the major issue anymore.These kids claim it is then drag their azzes to a place like Bama that’s got 3-4 5* stacked in front of them.
Someone please explain this to me.

We have immediate playing time for either of the two young men.The other places in play it’s not so certain.Lets take money out of the equation cause evidently it isn’t in play with either kid.
Both kids have a chance to play at home and play in front of friends and family for a coach that their parents respect and they have been coached by for years,and a HC That their parents supposedly also respect.
For a school on the rise that if they help bring back to the top they can be immortalized as part of the next 30/30 as the class that brought The U Back.

Why the FCK is there even a question as to what school these kids attend.Doesnt make any sense at all UNLESS RUMPH indeed is the problem and they don’t want to play for him.

Why wouldnt they want to play for rumph? What did he do to them?

I understand there must be a scapegoat in many peoples minds, and the easy one for everyone is Rumph because of the AH connection. Maybe just maybe they don't want to go to school in south florida anymore? Y does it have to be they don't want to play for Rumph?

The crazy part for me( & its tough as a life long cane) is to admit some of these kids go on ov & see what a real college atmosphere is like & they get hooked. Im not gonna lie. Its something we justbdont have the ability to sell. Hundred plus thousand people camping out all weekend and tailgating up until kick off. Knowing the entire town bleeds ur schools sports & nothing else... its a legit sale.

Understand what you're saying but it's also a dime a dozen experience across college football and CERTAINLY not unique in any aspect to Athens or the entire SEC. I could randomly pick almost any gameday experience/town love affair from the Big and Slow Ten and it'd dwarf what these kids are running to in the SEC. The only difference is you're more likely to get lynched if you run into some "fans" of the program 15 mins outside of the SEC college town.

Last edited:
Our game day experience is as good as anywhere in the country when the team is rolling. ND players said it was the most raucous place they've ever played at.

The VT and ND games were a sampling of what our home field will be when we start winning consistently and competing for championships. We will do that when the local kids like Surtain and Campbell decide to put on for their city and not some flimsy redneck KKK town in the middle of nowhere where they'll never stay.

Our game day experience is as good as anywhere in the country when the team is rolling. ND players said it was the most raucous place they've ever played at.

The VT and ND games were a sampling of what our home field will be when we start winning consistently and competing for championships. We will do that when the local kids like Surtain and Campbell decide to put on for their city and not some flimsy redneck KKK town in the middle of nowhere where they'll never stay.

I wonder how that "gameday experience" and town love affair was at UiF this year? Funny how we get judged on that front by previous bad years/stretches and everyone else gets judged by their previous good years or best stretches-- especially in the conference where "it just means more".

I wonder how that "gameday experience" and town love affair was at UiF this year? Funny how we get judged on that front by previous bad years/stretches and everyone else gets judged by their previous good years or best stretches-- especially in the conference where "it just means more".

Exactly. Did you see the gameday experience toward the end of the season in Tallahachee? It looked like our gameday experience when Folden was here.

These dudes need to have some local pride and build something HERE instead of tap dancing for the KKK. Be like Mel Bratton and Alonzo Highsmith and those dudes when they decided that they wanted to make their hometown team the best in the country. Those dudes could have gone anywhere, and UM hadn't won anything when they signed here. They came here on blind faith and with the idea of making a difference and putting on for their city. It worked out beautifully. And those dudes will always be local heroes.

Bennie Blades is another guy who could have gone anywhere. He stayed home. He's had his struggles after his playing days ended, but I'll tell you this: If I or any other local real Canes can ever lend a helping hand to him, we will.

When a piece of excrement like Phony Michel inevitably returns to South Florida and needs work or something else, I'd kick his *** out the door on a rail. I'd do anything legally within my power to make sure guys like him and Kaindoh's Kuck get shunned and blackballed. We need to instill some local pride one way or another.

Advertisement
I understand there must be a scapegoat in many peoples minds, and the easy one for everyone is Rumph because of the AH connection. Maybe just maybe they don't want to go to school in south florida anymore? Y does it have to be they don't want to play for Rumph?

The crazy part for me( & its tough as a life long cane) is to admit some of these kids go on ov & see what a real college atmosphere is like & they get hooked. Im not gonna lie. Its something we justbdont have the ability to sell. Hundred plus thousand people camping out all weekend and tailgating up until kick off. Knowing the entire town bleeds ur schools sports & nothing else... its a legit sale.

It’s also a legit sale to play for the most elite football brotherhood in football.
In one of the most international cities in America. No college party scene trumps spring break down here. Or memorial weekend. Or winter music fest. I could go on but I’ll digress. Been to uf and fsu back in my day to visit friends. No way I would skip out to go there or to tuskkkaloosa or Athens. If your a good ole boy we have the davie rodeo, the best fishing in the world and you can go 4 wheeling and hunting in the glades. No competition. Don’t even get me started on the women down here. Can’t even go to publix without seeing hot women.

you think brooklyn is a recruit or something? you think you need to sale HIM or UM?

I know who he is (not personally). But recruits read this board. And his voice carries weight. Just offering a counterpoint to this “college experience” narrative. Colbert went to Texas for Christ sake and wanted to know if his injury let him have another year of eligibility. That dude loved it here and recruited for us. Not to mention he was about to look for a 9-5 if we didn’t get a hold of him.

I know what you're saying I am just mentioning in my post that there are some kids that just want to leave south florida for school. People want to blame Rumph instead of thinking the kid just wanted to leave. They have lived it their whole lives and just want to experience something different.

I had 2 close friends that went through the recruiting experience from my highschool, one was Mr. Football his senior year in FL and an army all-american. The stories he would tell of his visits made me want to be a highly touted recruit instead of a walk-on. I even went with him on an unofficial to UF for the FSU UF game for a free ticket (Miami was away at Pitt that weekend). The fact of the matter is that was over a decade ago and I can only imagine how it goes for recruits now. Some kids like the limelight and being in a town where you THE show.

Also, I hear you on the women in Publix in South Florida, but be for real, a lot of these kids don't have 2 nickels to rub together so getting women in South Florida as opposed to college coeds in SEC land where they through themselves at you is also something these kids like. Again these are 17-18 year olds who get big eyes when they get to an area where the town revolves around the school and you are the celebrity.

Exactly. Did you see the gameday experience toward the end of the season in Tallahachee? It looked like our gameday experience when Folden was here.

These dudes need to have some local pride and build something HERE instead of tap dancing for the KKK. Be like Mel Bratton and Alonzo Highsmith and those dudes when they decided that they wanted to make their hometown team the best in the country. Those dudes could have gone anywhere, and UM hadn't won anything when they signed here. They came here on blind faith and with the idea of making a difference and putting on for their city. It worked out beautifully. And those dudes will always be local heroes.

Bennie Blades is another guy who could have gone anywhere. He stayed home. He's had his struggles after his playing days ended, but I'll tell you this: If I or any other local real Canes can ever lend a helping hand to him, we will.

When a piece of excrement like Phony Michel inevitably returns to South Florida and needs work or something else, I'd kick his *** out the door on a rail. I'd do anything legally within my power to make sure guys like him and Kaindoh's Kuck get shunned and blackballed. We need to instill some local pride one way or another.

Spot on. These kids can have it all if they come/stay here and are successful- the gameday experience, the national spotlight, the love of not just a podunk town but an entire effing region that is South Florida AND the unparalleled brotherhood that you just described.

If these kids want to live in PRESENT DAY then just listen to Ol' Herbie here- a dude that's been EVERYWHERE.

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-6576426/herbstreit-describing-the

Last edited:
These kids need to talk to me. I lived by Kirby during his playing days at UGA and he was a southern redneck in a redneck fraternity. Absolutely, never hung out with any of his black teammates. I can't believe he is where he is today. Jermaine Phillips knocked up his sister and he was furious and it wasn't because she was pregnant. He flat out didn't associate with people of color. Again, can't believe he has made it to this point.

recruits considering Bama, Georgia etc. should be sent this video of a 'Bama "girl" expressing her views regarding race. i am not suggesting this is the norm, but it is not uncommon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_iBxxrNAEU

You guys are talking about nothing really what's important is how the official visits this weekend are going

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
These kids need to talk to me. I lived by Kirby during his playing days at UGA and he was a southern redneck in a redneck fraternity. Absolutely, never hung out with any of his black teammates. I can't believe he is where he is today. Jermaine Phillips knocked up his sister and he was furious and it wasn't because she was pregnant. He flat out didn't associate with people of color. Again, can't believe he has made it to this point.

recruits considering Bama, Georgia etc. should be sent this video of a 'Bama "girl" expressing her views regarding race. i am not suggesting this is the norm, but it is not uncommon.

This girl is from NJ.

Since 95% of the clowns that post here weren’t at the games, they don’t know about our game day atmosphere at those games.

VT and ND are the 2 best times, most fun, and most religious experiences I’ve had in the last ten years outside of a couple of hours I spent helping the milf next door set up her dvd.

Nesta

“I’ve known Coach Rumph since I was about six years old, so he coached me up in pop warner and coached me at American-Heritage, so he’s always been in my ear about Miami.”

And he’s coached TC since optimist,Called him a mentor and a father figure but may be headed elsewhere.....sooooo?

Campbell just doesn't want to be at miami then. But continue the lies about rumph talking shît about miami or the heritage dudes hating him.

This. The fools on this board continue to blame the adult coaches busting their asses to sell unpredictable 17 year old kids that in the end do what they want to do.

Rumph admitted at the end of last season in one of his interviews that he thought he could have done better recruiting. I don't remember the exact words but something about the way he was dealing with those kids. Some of the criticism or Rumph recruiting is warranted.

The comments you're looking for from Rumph are in this thread, which is a really fascinating read as we approach signing day with Rumph heavily involved in two of our most important recruiting battles in recent memory.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/recruiting/116998

Advertisement

It’s also a legit sale to play for the most elite football brotherhood in football.
In one of the most international cities in America. No college party scene trumps spring break down here. Or memorial weekend. Or winter music fest. I could go on but I’ll digress. Been to uf and fsu back in my day to visit friends. No way I would skip out to go there or to tuskkkaloosa or Athens. If your a good ole boy we have the davie rodeo, the best fishing in the world and you can go 4 wheeling and hunting in the glades. No competition. Don’t even get me started on the women down here. Can’t even go to publix without seeing hot women.

you think brooklyn is a recruit or something? you think you need to sale HIM or UM?

I know who he is (not personally). But recruits read this board. And his voice carries weight. Just offering a counterpoint to this “college experience” narrative. Colbert went to Texas for Christ sake and wanted to know if his injury let him have another year of eligibility. That dude loved it here and recruited for us. Not to mention he was about to look for a 9-5 if we didn’t get a hold of him.

Not every kid wants a Miami lifestyle. In fact, some just want a change. May not like it 85 degrees year round and want to see something different from what they grew up with. Only human. However, most will want to stay which is why we will still land more locals then any other program.

This girl is from NJ.

And she chose to attend school at Alabama

Look at her now spewing racist crap to impress some of her Alabama schoolmates.

Since 95% of the clowns that post here weren’t at the games, they don’t know about our game day atmosphere at those games.

VT and ND are the 2 best times, most fun, and most religious experiences I’ve had in the last ten years outside of a couple of hours I spent helping the milf next door set up her dvd.

I always add the moment the skies opened up and it started to pour against GT to that "religious experience" column. The place had a palpable constant electricity from there on out.

Advertisement

Lots of things change and evolve in college football except for a few rules and axioms that will never change.
And one of those is that when the vast majority of local soFla talent decide to stay home and honor their hometown, they
will win alot of games and they will have legit opportunities at winning national championships.
It is a proven formula.
Other schools can only sell dreams, empty or tiny trophy cases, neat locker-rooms and tailgating scenes, but we sell
what has been proven over time.
This school continues to prove it is as good as any school in the country at sending talent to the NFL, the second part
comes if kids comes to their collective senses and stay home, not represent some ****hole school instead of their people
back home.

Last edited:

I always add the moment the skies opened up and it started to pour against GT to that "religious experience" column. The place had a palpable constant electricity from there on out.

Yea it did. It was so weird. It just charged everybody up. It’s so hard to explain unless you were there. That was fun as well.

It’s so great to talk to people that actually attend games and are actual fans rather than the constant bītching and negativity. Over the many years I’ve read message boards, I honestly don’t think they accurately represent the actual fanbase. Those people who manage to get up off their asses to go to games, home or away.

Yes siree. It become a 305 fiesta, wet Tees and all! Increible electricity ran through the Rock like a surging Wave. Incredible memory 4 sure.
edit: forgot to add that it Freaked the F out of the bees

Last edited:

This girl is from NJ.

yes, she is from NJ but she is or was a Bama student expressing the racism that exists sotto voce.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back