Le' Work - Beardy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I remind everybody with still have our OV’s AND our in-homes! Everyone else blew their load early and we didn’t...just let it play out for god sakes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
People on this board need to stop with the racism propaganda. I was raised in Mississippi. My dad went to the U. I went to the U. We both live back in Mississippi. Racism, while it exist, isn’t anymore prevalent in Mississippi than it is in Miami. I’ve seen it first hand in both places, but not to the extent people in here make it out to be. My daughter goes to Mississippi State, she came home this weekend, I asked her how prevalent it is on campus, she said, she doesn’t see it. If we don’t get a recruit I’m as disappointed as the next guy, but the they are all a bunch of racist is a pitiful excuse

You’re 100% right. I have been in Mississippi for the last two months for work and it has been great. I was expecting rampant racism (mostly cause of all the **** I hear on this board and other stereotypes about the south) - I was completely wrong. Everyone has been respectful and I haven’t seen or felt anything remotely close to racism. To be honest it’s worse in Miami than it is here (at least from what I have seen).

People on this board need to stop with the racism propaganda. I was raised in Mississippi. My dad went to the U. I went to the U. We both live back in Mississippi. Racism, while it exist, isn’t anymore prevalent in Mississippi than it is in Miami. I’ve seen it first hand in both places, but not to the extent people in here make it out to be. My daughter goes to Mississippi State, she came home this weekend, I asked her how prevalent it is on campus, she said, she doesn’t see it. If we don’t get a recruit I’m as disappointed as the next guy, but the they are all a bunch of racist is a pitiful excuse

White liberals have this weird liberal versus conservative shtick where they act like black ppl dont know they are racist too. They may not be KKK March rally racist but they're still Trayvon Martin was a thug racist.

The most overused word of the past 8 years. Holds no meaning now. Congrats!

i dont think anyone has suggested that "they are all a bunch of racist". but it is more prevalent that what appears on the surface because by its very nature it is not exhibited as a patch on a sleeve.

The crazy part for me( & its tough as a life long cane) is to admit some of these kids go on ov & see what a real college atmosphere is like & they get hooked. Im not gonna lie. Its something we justbdont have the ability to sell. Hundred plus thousand people camping out all weekend and tailgating up until kick off. Knowing the entire town bleeds ur schools sports & nothing else... its a legit sale.

It’s also a legit sale to play for the most elite football brotherhood in football.
In one of the most international cities in America. No college party scene trumps spring break down here. Or memorial weekend. Or winter music fest. I could go on but I’ll digress. Been to uf and fsu back in my day to visit friends. No way I would skip out to go there or to tuskkkaloosa or Athens. If your a good ole boy we have the davie rodeo, the best fishing in the world and you can go 4 wheeling and hunting in the glades. No competition. Don’t even get me started on the women down here. Can’t even go to publix without seeing hot women.

you think brooklyn is a recruit or something? you think you need to sale HIM or UM?

I know who he is (not personally). But recruits read this board. And his voice carries weight. Just offering a counterpoint to this “college experience” narrative. Colbert went to Texas for Christ sake and wanted to know if his injury let him have another year of eligibility. That dude loved it here and recruited for us. Not to mention he was about to look for a 9-5 if we didn’t get a hold of him.

I know what you're saying I am just mentioning in my post that there are some kids that just want to leave south florida for school. People want to blame Rumph instead of thinking the kid just wanted to leave. They have lived it their whole lives and just want to experience something different.

I had 2 close friends that went through the recruiting experience from my highschool, one was Mr. Football his senior year in FL and an army all-american. The stories he would tell of his visits made me want to be a highly touted recruit instead of a walk-on. I even went with him on an unofficial to UF for the FSU UF game for a free ticket (Miami was away at Pitt that weekend). The fact of the matter is that was over a decade ago and I can only imagine how it goes for recruits now. Some kids like the limelight and being in a town where you THE show.

Also, I hear you on the women in Publix in South Florida, but be for real, a lot of these kids don't have 2 nickels to rub together so getting women in South Florida as opposed to college coeds in SEC land where they through themselves at you is also something these kids like. Again these are 17-18 year olds who get big eyes when they get to an area where the town revolves around the school and you are the celebrity.

This is retarded.

If you took a poll of 18 year olds in America and asked them one simple question: would you rather live in Miami Florida or Tuscaloosa Alabama.....almost all of them would pick Miami.

Miami and USC have the biggest recruiting advantages in America as far as location. Uhh let's see, you can live right by this beach or you can live in this trailer park. Hmm tough choice.

Kids aren't going to Alabama for the "college experience"

What a dumb narrative.

Advertisement

White liberals have this weird liberal versus conservative shtick where they act like black ppl dont know they are racist too. They may not be KKK March rally racist but they're still Trayvon Martin was a thug racist.

The most overused word of the past 8 years. Holds no meaning now. Congrats!

I dont care either way but youre white... the word racist holding no meaning to you is irrelevant to me.

Yep. The American South. The most tolerant part of this country. No ingrained mentalities there. Nope. In fact if you state otherwise then YOU'RE the racist just trying to deflect upon the fine folk in Mississippi and Alabamy and Ark-can-sawl.

GTFOH. Roy Moore barely lost an election after saying things were better during the slavery era. And Nicky Saban didn't say a word.

Btw, I'm a lifelong conservative. It doesn't take a political ideology to see that certain parts of this country are more stuck in the past than others though.

Yep. The American South. The most tolerant part of this country. No ingrained mentalities there. Nope. In fact if you state otherwise then YOU'RE the racist just trying to deflect upon the fine folk in Mississippi and Alabamy and Ark-can-sawl.

GTFOH. Roy Moore barely lost an election after saying things were better during the slavery era. And Nicky Saban didn't say a word.

Btw, I'm a lifelong conservative. It doesn't take a political ideology to see that certain parts of this country are more stuck in the past than others though.

Conservative as well and I 100% agree.

What part of MS u from? My family is from there as well. My dad loves it and plans on retiring back there.

Advertisement
These kids need to talk to me. I lived by Kirby during his playing days at UGA and he was a southern redneck in a redneck fraternity. Absolutely, never hung out with any of his black teammates. I can't believe he is where he is today. Jermaine Phillips knocked up his sister and he was furious and it wasn't because she was pregnant. He flat out didn't associate with people of color. Again, can't believe he has made it to this point.

SAE is one of the more racist white fraternities. It's not "quite" as Confederate southern as Kappa Alpha Order, but they are consistently blindingly white, just check out the composite pictures. At UM, in the 1980s and 1990s, I do not remember them pledging or initiating a single black member. They were known for wearing Oxford shirts and ties along with khaki shorts and deck shoes. They lost their house at UM, not sure if they have made any attempts to recharter, but I doubt that their style of whiteness would go over as well today, since UM has a fairly diverse student body.

I was in an SAE chapter in New York — we had more ethnically and racially diverse brothers than any other fraternity on campus. So, I hope your statement isn't a blanket one. I cannot speak for some of the chapters down south, but as a whole, just because you are in SAE doesn't mean you are a racist.

Agree not all racist but some.....

https://youtu.be/nU-ZbjB00k8

I remember this. It was absolutely terrible when it happened. Our chapter spent a lot of time and energy on convincing everyone on campus that just because we are in SAE, doesn't mean we condone what was said in that video in any way. With that said, it definitely still hurt our image — so much so that our black brothers were getting death threats from other students, calling them Uncle Toms and sellouts.

Conservative as well and I absolutely agree.

Knowing most areas around this Country, I can honestly say that Miami has a problem also. It's strange because it's also in the Hispanic community. Light skin vs Dark skin. Where are you on the "Spanish" totem pole.

Spain Conquered Latin America, Central/South America, and the Caribbean. History shows that Spaniard explorers converted the original inhabitants of these lands into slaves. They slaughtered millions during the Spanish inquisition and converted millions to christianity and catholicism. The Mexican Indian war was a very special war that should always be remembered.

I have many Latin American friends and Carribean friends. In Miami it's mainly White skinned Cubans vs Colombians for the most racist and rudest. Miami has everyone from everywhere, but I did have a friend who would say she was Cuban. Her dad was Cuban and her mom was Mexican. She told me that Mexicans were at the bottom of the totem pole. I'm just saying she wasn't by herself in saying it without hesitation.

I only have one friend from Spain. He sometimes jokes that he's superior because he was born in Spain. He and a friend from Poland reminded me how Hitler was also ******. So, if a Hispanic American choses to say he's white American, but not english American he is right. I asked so does it matter about race. The answer was no because race is man made. Society decided who was superior.

I work in the inner city community and also at a Hospital. I have to go from poor areas to rich areas routinely. I feel it's more open and more accepted in certain areas of Miami and other American cities in the high society settings. I have rich, wealthy, and poor friends.

I will say that If I'm in Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama or even Tallahassee the majority of people call anyone that speaks Spanish a Mexican. I don't even try to explain it anymore. Most of these white Americans make less than $12 an hour, but they are happy because they feel superior. I had friends who played at Alabama and a nephew. I was told long ago and even last year that blacks can't even get gas at a gas station that is well known to student athletes.

The U.S.A wasn't always United, but the civil war was more about the Union being afraid of the economic success of the South. The wealthy English wanted to control the poor English and they still control the world. I just like to be distracted from the "real" world at times, so, I watch sports, movies and visit message boards with people who might not look like me, but for a moment we can cheer for the same team and respect each others opinions.

I have money, but I pump my own gas. I don't really like fame. Real life is great.

Last edited:
has

What part of MS u from? My family is from there as well. My dad loves it and plans on retiring back there.
I live in Biloxi, on the Coast. My dad is from the Delta, the poorest place in the State. He played RB for Milsaps(if you ever heard of that college). I played baseball at Miami Dade South, before going to Miami.

Advertisement
Racism is not just on your face, Charleston rallies. It’s incarcerafion rates, police stops and statistics, unemployment, other means than just in your face things. With that being said and as needed as these conversations are, let’s get back to recruiting updates please.

I think we can disagree about the level of racism in various parts of the South, or America for that matter, all day long.

But y’all are outa yer minds to compare any other parts of the South to 5hithole Alabama.

Advertisement
has

I live in Biloxi, on the Coast. My dad is from the Delta, the poorest place in the State. He played RB for Milsaps(if you ever heard of that college). I played baseball at Miami Dade South, before going to Miami.

I’m familiar w the school. Dad and all his side of the family were born and raised in Stateline, right on the Mobile, AL border. Dad went to Pineywoods, a former high school powerhouse in all sports. Good folks in MS. They’ll let u know if they fool w u or they don’t. Lol.

What an absurd point of view. Yes, racism exists in Miami (like anywhere else) but to say it’s just as bad as Mississippi or anywhere else in the South is absurd. Just another White male in denial who has no clue what minorities in the nation have to deal with.

cmon man yall postin in a troll thread

go to the westendzone and argue where le work at

photoblogpicturesgroup1lecar.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back