Lane Thread

For some reason I don't see this kid turning his back on his childhood team and coach barrow. I think has more heart than to play follow the leader with Wilson. I could be wrong. If I am, I will proceed to call him a sellout from sec 126.

That's where I am. For a while it was all about Alabama who was recruiting him hard the for the last month or so UF. If he doesn't commit Saturday he's in play.

Advertisement
Cane we get a full run down please in a summary.
http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1533206
TIFIW
Lane could announce Saturday...Or Not
-Rethinking announcing on Saturday
-Hasn't talked to UM in a month, but Canes still in it
-Florida, Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State and Miami are his final schoools
-All are even right now
-Might visit Miami on Sunday for the recruiting bbq
-Ready to be done with recruiting because it has become aggrevating
-Plans on announcing with bff Quincy Wilson but doesn't mean he'll go to same school
-Lane loves when T-ROB calls him late at night. He can usually hear loud, heavy breathing. T-Rob usually tells him he is "hard after him"
-Says Muschamp's banana trick was better than it was hyped up to be
-Though Florida has never produced a quality X receiver, Lane is confident he can be the first player in the history of UF to be a good outside receiver in a run dominant offense
-Says UF is appealing because he doesn't have to run more than 6 yards at a time; Driskell can only throw the ball about 10 yards down field
-On Miami, "That my dream school right there. I've always been a fan of the U and it's home, produces great receivers in a pro-style, pass happy offense and I can have a Top 50 national education. So naturally I will not be going there."
-Enjoys cuddle time with Quincy Wilson when they can fit it in. "I like being big spoon" he said. "Sometimes his Pops will watch us...but he usually leaves after like 5 minutes to go to the bathroom because his 'pants are fitting weird'."

///take all of this with a grain of salt guys. Especially the part about him being "big spoon." We all know Quincy is big spoon...

No some of y'all are ridiculous. It's freaking August. Not everyone wants to commit early. They have to go through the recruitment process to make sure they make the right decision. No one said this when tracy Howard did this. He was all gator in August during his senior year. It ulitimately his decision so stop acting like its yours or being frustrated because he might not pick miami

I've always felt like FSU is a dark horse outta the woodwerks contender for him way back when it was just a Bama/U battle supposedly. Interdasting they are in his final 5.

But LMFAO@ I have to do more research

Advertisement
... It ulitimately his decision so stop acting like its yours or being frustrated because he might not pick miami

I'm a fan of Miami. I get frustrated when a good player from Dade County goes to a rival school. I also hate it when a kid's decision, who I only care about because he's being recruited by my favorite team, is to not play for said favorite team. Why is this so hard to understand? It's not just you either. There is a whole group of peole that come on these boards and talk down to fans on a message board about why they shouldn't be mad or angry about a kid they don't personally know or care about not going to the school they cheer for. This isn't Big Pal, Little Pal. All I want these kids to do is come to Miami and dominate. I volunteer in my local community to be invested in young men's lives and make a difference...but I don't care about recruits outside of the context of college football. I don't wish them injury or bad fortune, but I won't act like I'm morally superior or get on my high horse when these athletes don't play for my team. It's simple: come to Miami and I'll be your biggest fan; go play for UFag or FSU and I'll hate you until you retire.

I'm not saying these guys are acting ***, but their joint announcement will be exclusively broadcast on LOGO, and they hired Alex Colons to cheerlead for them while they hopscotch down the middle of the field alternating words with each other as they announce:

Lane: We
Nipsy: Are
Lane: Going
Nipsy: To
Lame: U
Nipsy: F

Advertisement
Crazy how this is the first Ermon Lane thread I've clicked on (with the intent to learn something about him) in a while.

I guess my interest level in his games mirrors that of our coaches.

Last edited:
Crazy how this is the first Ermon Lane thread I've clicked on (with the intent to learn something about him) in a while.

I guess my interest levels in his games mirrors that of our coaches.

Ditto.

I like the tactic, it's like ignoring the hotchick that always has everyone after them and then she starts getting interested because you act like you don't give a ****.

Ditto.

I like the tactic, it's like ignoring the hotchick that always has everyone after them and then she starts getting interested because you act like you don't give a ****.

If Ermon signs me as his agent tomorrow and I therefore have a financial interest in the outcome of his development, UF is not one of the schools I'm advising him to go to in order to cash in for both of us. Quincy is leading him in a strange direction.

Advertisement

Ditto.

If Ermon signs me as his agent tomorrow and I therefore have a financial interest in the outcome of his development, UF is not one of the schools I'm advising him to go to in order to cash in for both of us. Quincy is leading him in a strange direction.

Can't believe he's letting Quincey lead him anywhere. Lane's the hot commoditity.

Ditto.

Can't believe he's letting Quincey lead him anywhere. Lane's the hot commoditity.
Exactly, hel there's a reason Bama and FSU isnt in Quincys tops because he isnt a hot commodity at all

Ditto.

Of course, if he signed you as his agent, he would be ineligible.

Advertisement

Ditto.

its kind of strange that's the common perception regarding uf and receivers.

i mean i guess i get it, like i said before, i absolutely would not want to play with driskel, i think he's a bad qb. but uf is selling him on the future. and i mentioned it in another thread, maybe this one, but since 96' uf has had more receivers drafted than anybody. now have they all been studs at the nfl level? no, but that's not a school thing so i'm not sure where the perception comes from that uf hasn't and won't have good receivers. outside of that, the perception that muschamp is a run-heavy coach is flawed. his biggest influence offensively is mack brown per his words. as hciw at texas he wanted holgorson to coordinate the offense and brown eventually settled on harsin from bosie. a run-heavy, conservative guy isn't going to prefer holgorson. also when you look at his coordinator hires at uf one has been weis who is a pass heavy guy who fancies himself a qb guru and the other came from boise where they are known for their aggressive, creative offense.

his first year there our starting qb brantley went down for 4 games and we were left to play driskel and brissett as true freshmen, what competent coach would be slinging the ball all over the lot in that scenario? last year we were again playing a young qb and our run game was the best unit so we again leaned more towards the run. but last year we took 5 receivers and this year we're looking to take 3-4 which gives an idea of the direction we want to go with the offense. and as i said that's reflected in his coordinator hires.

that said if we're talking next year, yea i'm not choosing to play with driskel. but his other contenders bama and miami will both be breaking in new qb's so they're unproven as well. braxton miller is a likely early entry candidate so if he goes there he's likely playing with a new qb also. so really all his top choices will have the same situation at the qb spot.

Last edited:

Ditto.

Do you really believe Quincy is making the decision for Lane? I really cant see a kid going somewhere just based on one friend's decision. I think it's more of Quincy hyping the situation up, to make it look like their this ultimate package deal. Of course they want to play together, but they both made delegate decisions which just happen to be UF. Lane was supposed to be really close to Herb Waters & Tyre Brady also. Doesn't look like he's going to follow them. From his standpoint I see where he is coming from. The playing time at UF is there for him right away. I don't think he's necessarily "scared" of Miamk's wide receivers, he just wants to be playing there from day 1. Quinton Dunbar and Demarcus Robinson will probably be the only wide receivers ahead of him. Maybe another recruit from 2013 or an upperclassmen. At Miami we know this is a difference case. Dorsett, Scott, Waters, Coley, Lewis, Griffin & maybe Carter would be ahead of him by the 1st game in 2014. If he is trying to get in and out of college & produce early, UF is a better option. Lane is a big time talent but so are Rudolph, Dixon, & Langham. If Langham had more speed he would be right up there with Lane.

Ditto.

Do you really believe Quincy is making the decision for Lane? I really cant see a kid going somewhere just based on one friend's decision. I think it's more of Quincy hyping the situation up, to make it look like their this ultimate package deal. Of course they want to play together, but they both made delegate decisions which just happen to be UF. Lane was supposed to be really close to Herb Waters & Tyre Brady also. Doesn't look like he's going to follow them. From his standpoint I see where he is coming from. The playing time at UF is there for him right away. I don't think he's necessarily "scared" of Miamk's wide receivers, he just wants to be playing there from day 1. Quinton Dunbar and Demarcus Robinson will probably be the only wide receivers ahead of him. Maybe another recruit from 2013 or an upperclassmen. At Miami we know this is a difference case. Dorsett, Scott, Waters, Coley, Lewis, Griffin & maybe Carter would be ahead of him by the 1st game in 2014. If he is trying to get in and out of college & produce early, UF is a better option. Lane is a big time talent but so are Rudolph, Dixon, & Langham. If Langham had more speed he would be right up there with Lane.

I don't know. All I know is that there's an appearance that the situation is influencing him.

lol @ IbisWingz.

Ditto.

That's where I disagree. That makes him sound like Ryan Moore. Maybe he's an exception, but you know what happens to guys who want to get in and out of a college program quickly? They fail to develop to their maximum potential. Come in and compete your *** off. In college now, all you need is one good year. If you're really that good, you should go to a college that will force you to compete your *** off on the field and in the weight room. By year #3 in the program, you ball out and you decide to leave.

It took Seantrel Henderson 3 entire years to figure this out. Now he's here for the 4th year because of it.

Advertisement
Back