Lane Thread

AG not rolling out the red carpet on this one.....interesting tactic
Barrow would know what tactic to use and maybe itr just him trolling but he could easily just eliminate UM and apparently he has "some interest" to give interviews about them even now

Advertisement
Oh, gee, more mystery comments from Ermon Lane. Shocker.

He's been saying the same things for 2 years now.

There's others out there that want to be in the Orange & Green without playing games. At this point you know where you're going. I'd pull his scholly and make another example of what we will not put up with.

Advertisement
He isn't going to pledge to another school then come to the free BBQ on Sunday we are providing for recruits and family. He knows better. If he does committ somewhere on Saturday it will be to us or he will delay his decision.

We have Waters, Coley and Lewis for the next 2-3 years so I am not worried one bit.

For some reason I don't see this kid turning his back on his childhood team and coach barrow. I think has more heart than to play follow the leader with Wilson. I could be wrong. If I am, I will proceed to call him a sellout from sec 126.

Advertisement
What do we care. We really don't need any lane. He would be a plus though.Add langham,Dixon and maybe Rudolph/ berrios to the reciever core for the next class will create even more depth. Guys are fighting for positions now. We are okay if lane doesn't come

true but whos to say any one of the three in Dixon, Rudolph, Berrios are to commit to Miami? That's the problem and why we should full court press all the WR on our radar. Two-Three years from now who will we have at WR? Coley, Langham, hopefully Griffin and thats it it seems.

We bashed Rudolph when he decommitted saying we had better WR's on our board...I would kill for him right now.

Miami needs 2 solid WR's this class IMO-we are set right now at WR but couple years from now that won't be the case having stud Kaaya/Olsen at QB to throw the ball.

If that's the case. With 3 potential day 1 NFL draft pick starting for us, then I'm good until 2015.

Maybe his mom is getting to him wasn't there a article bout a week or 2 ago that said his mom didn't wan't him making a decision based on what other people are doing. Or he could just be pulling the sac of fans(cane fans especially) trying to make them believe it was tough for him to leave the hometown. However the only chance i think we have is if dorsett and scott have big years and leave early. With sm17 being a sr and if they have good years i can't see them put there stock at jeporady with a young qb.

Last edited:
Advertisement
the problem is this

Sony said Miami is his dream school and went with UF
Alex Collins committed verbally to Miami and signed with Arkansas
Matthew Thomas was a silent commit throwing up the U and went to FSU
Ermon Lane was rocking UM gear, was high on Miami but is promoting UF every chance he gets and will sign with UF

but none of the players above talked smack about Miami, MT did a little because of his boy but that wasn't that big of a deal. They prefer to go to another school and I am sorry but its their future not yours and there is not much more to that.

Quincy Wilson was never a commit, **** he didn't even have an offer, but he decided to go on a Twitter rant. I believe if it was mainly based on his talents etc, Miami would of extended an offer.. we have offered kids with allot less talent. I think there are character issues with this kid and it was very evident based on his twitter ranks "**** miami".

I not only have no respect for this kid, I honestly can care less about where he goes what he does etc. after NSD we will not hear form him (he may become the best player in the world, but that is no concern to us). He decided to talk smack about a program that he thinks is like FIU because other coaches have been putting stuff in his head. after this year when we smack UF across town, him and others will need to re-evaluate their advisors.

He says he hasn't talked to Miami coaches in almost a month, but we are still in it. lol

Says that he might not announce this Saturday and that he wants to come to our practice and "Recruits BBQ" on Sunday if he doesn't announce on Saturday.

I would NOT permit him to go the the "Recruits BBQ." You're either with us or against us.

Advertisement
Everyone seems to be worried about the WR depth in influencing him to choose somewhere else (solid point). But my opinion is that the competition he will have at the Greentree will get him more prepared for Sundays than anywhere else. Because if it was me, I would be focusing more on polishing my skills, competing everyday to actually develop the skills and work ethic needed for an NFL career and not just about getting playing time as a freshman or sophomore. The reason why guys like Santana, Wayne, Ed Reed excelled in the NFL was because of their unrelenting work ethic and development attributed to competing against one another at the U. Talent will only take you so far.

Last edited:
There is one thing in South Florida recruiting that has been and will always be the same. ..

Those who stay home will be remembered, those who leave are nothing more than a whisper

Homestead (FL) High School WR Ermon Lane had planned to announce a college decision on Saturday.

But now he's thinking it over.

"I don't know if it'll be Saturday," Lane said. "I just have to do a little more research."

He says while he hasn't talked to Cane coaches in almost a month that UM remains in it.

"It's Florida, Alabama, Florid State, Ohio State and Miami," Lane said.

He says he's listing all as even right now.

And he's thinking about attending UM's practice on Sunday.

"That's the day for the barbecue (for recruits)," he says.

Lane says he's excited to end his recruiting process, saying "It's been stressful now toward the end. When I was a junior it wasn't that bad, but now that I'm a senior all the colleges are calling me. It can be aggravating."

Lane says he's planning to announce a decision with friend Quincy Wilson, but he says that doesn't mean they'll pick the same college.

While Lane has a UM offer, Wilson does not.

Cane we get a full run down please in a summary.

Advertisement
Back