Jump to #7 in the AP poll, #9 in the Coaches poll

I don't think anyone is "valuing" the rankings right now.

At this point, it's all about whether writers/coaches are starting to acknowledge that Miami might actually be good this year.

I just want to have to see these ******** "revise their rankings". But nobody is taking this very seriously.

The CFP rankings are the only ones that matter.
It can be useful in the Miami sense that you outlined; I just said what I said in response to the Laughing abt the Domers being 5 post.

Advertisement
I didnt catch the Lousiville game but saw they had a cupcake and won 62-0

I saw Skinner had 1 catch for 5 yards.

Chaney did not get a single carry? Was he hurt?

I also saw some other familiar names, Jacorey Brooks with 7 catches for 83 yards and a TD

Ashton Gillotte still doing his thing,

TJ Capers had a pick and a tackle

Stan Clark 2 tackles.
Chaney is not hurt. He played in that game. I looked at the box score and he had 1 catch for 17 yards. He did not have a single rushing attempt. Maybe he's just not that good and can't separate himself from the other running backs.

Really hoping that GT and Louisville keep their rankings. Would help our SOS. Maybe Syracuse or SMU can break in too.

So…FSU was ranked #10 heading into the season. But after obliterating the Crocs at the Swamp, the Canes are only considered good enough to be ranked #12? Ok.

The disrespect should be useful for motivating the team.
This team doesn't need disrespect for motivation IMO. Yes, it may help a little, but I think Mario has built the culture in such a way as they play for each other, strive to get better every day, and don't let the outside noise affect them. Everything will sort itself out come December

Advertisement
Inexcusably low ranking.

I guess we need a ranking thread, a coach poll thread, an AP thread, a ESPN power ranking thread.

I'm okay with this but I am a little surprise at only 12. I thought for sure we would get in the top 10. I forget which game but Chris Fowler expected Miami to get in the top 10 and Kirk agreed. Anyways, its way too early to worry about whose at where

True but we haven't either. Beat a bad UF team on the road while they beat a solid A&M team also on the road. I think we'd beat ND tbh. Don't want the team to get too arrogant, would prefer them to feel disrespected and continue to beat tf out of everyone until we prove ourselves.
Texas A&M is solid how exactly?

It's not that e simply beat UF. We beat them like a top 10 team should beat them.

Advertisement
I'm okay with this but I am a little surprise at only 12. I thought for sure we would get in the top 10. I forget which game but Chris Fowler expected Miami to get in the top 10 and Kirk agreed. Anyways, its way too early to worry about whose at where
It was Kirk and Rece Davis during the USC-LSU game.

I’m serious as a heart attack: if we win out and get the Bye, we’re headed for an Orange Bowl Semi-Final matchup with Taint.

The networks will arrange it so the Notre Dame and Southern Cal are in the opposite bracket. If we beat Taint we’ll conceivably have another Catholics vs. Convicts National Championship Game, which is why the NCAA and the networks want Miami back in the first place.

Oh, and don’t worry. Cristobal will be told to sit Ward to make sure he isn’t injured in dogsh*t games. The Mike Norvell Saga hasn’t been lost on anyone over at the Hecht.
I'd rather have Miami vs USC final. Could you imagine? Every celebrity and casual fan will come out of the woodworks

Advertisement
Advertisement
Texas A&M is solid how exactly?

It's not that e simply beat UF. We beat them like a top 10 team should beat them.
Texas a&m were alot better than Florida last year despite the record looking similar and they added more talent

Also we moved up 7 spots, notre dame moved up 2 after a road win against a team they ranked thats pretty normal

I wonder if ND goes undefeated and is ranked #1 in the writers poll, but is the 6th or 7th seed in the CFP playoff - would they then think twice about conference affiliations.

They are are happy with their current arrangement and playoff deal (it was their idea). They essentially traded a chance for a bye during the playoff for a guaranteed bye during conf champ week and a potential home game round 1. As much as I hate ND, they went about this perfectly.

Once the playoff expands, we’ll see how the chips fall for them.

Advertisement
Back