Jump to #7 in the AP poll, #9 in the Coaches poll

Advertisement
Eh, I just don’t ever buy the argument that a team is ONLY beating themselves when, for example, they have a lot of turnovers. Some credit should be given to the defense for getting them off their game, causing / recovering the turnovers, taking advantage of opportunities, reading the offense, making appropriate adjustments, etc. That’s the argument that everyone is making in that game, but I don’t think you say Bama didn’t play well without simultaneously giving any credit to USF.
Was it USF playing well that caused George to fumble that pass in the air right into the guys lap? or just dumb luck? No doubt USF makes you work for it, they are tuff and fyzical, if not a bit dirty and cheap. Bama still moved the ball up and down the field and the fumbles were an outlier IMO. I was watching the replay the whole time thinking that USF was mid AF and that Bama should be dominating the game.

Was it USF playing well that caused George to fumble that pass in the air right into the guys lap? or just dumb luck? No doubt USF makes you work for it, they are tuff and fyzical, if not a bit dirty and cheap. Bama still moved the ball up and down the field and the fumbles were an outlier IMO. I was watching the replay the whole time thinking that USF was mid AF and that Bama should be dominating the game.
Either way it was still good for us because we now have a like opponent with Bama and by all accounts we fared better. usf playing Bama close for 3.5 quarters also made our win look better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back